Ana Vrljic cheering thread - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #526
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Lost the doubles against the top seeds 13-11 in the STB, after winning the first and getting bageled in the second set - that must've hurt
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #527
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

They had MP in STB
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:07 AM   #528
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Jumps a bit in the rankings this week, from 224 to 213, not too much, but valuable nonetheless.

This week she is in Istanbul for a 50k, directly in the main draw and this week decides her fate in terms of RG. She is defending a semifinal here (32 points) and in case of an early loss her ranking next week will be in the 230's and I'm pretty sure that won't be enough. Incidentally next week's ranking makes the cut-off for RG qualies.

Lots of at stake, good luck Ana!
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 03:39 PM   #529
country flag ma re

Want the good news or the bad one first? OK, let's start with bad...

Istanbul 50k, singles R1 draw:

A. Vrljic vs. [4]P. Kania

And now the good...

Vrljic leads h2h 1:0 with a win from 2011 Opole 25k when she won 6:3, 2:6, 7:6 to take the title at this indoor event.

OK, a win in the tie-break of the final set isn't exactly encouraging, and this is not an indoor event, but still...one can hope.

Good luck Ana!
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:13 AM   #530
country flag ma re

Lost to Kania 6:4, 6:3

Will play doubles R1 with Sirotkina later today against Fomina/Shakovets.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #531
country flag ma re

Won the doubles 6:1, 6:4.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #532
country flag ma re

As expected, Ana's new ranking is outside of 230 by one spot - doubt that'll be enough to take her to Paris.
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #533
country flag ma re

Tunis 25k, R1:

[6]A. Vrljic vs. (WC)Y. Elmi
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #534
country flag ma re

Expectedly a nice start against an unranked opponent:

(Q)Von Deichman vs. (WC)D. Kerfs
[6]A. Vrljic def. (WC)Y. Elmi 6:1, 6:1
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #535
country flag ma re

And an equally expected defeat in R2 to world's #418 - clay after all, doesn't really bring the best from Ana's game.

(Q) K. Von Deichman def. [6] A. Vrljic 6:4, 1:6, 5:7
Old May 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #536
country flag ma re

Next, Ana will try her luck in Prague where she is in the quali draw for 100+H.

Unfortunately she wasn't exactly lucky with the draw, as in the QR1 she'll face the 5th seed Madison Brengle. They've played only once before, in the Nottingham challenger last year and the American won 6:4, 6:2.

Match is scheduled for today around 4 PM CET. Good luck Ana
Old May 10th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #537
country flag ma re

Lost the first set 6:4 after being up a break twice
Old May 10th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #538
country flag ma re

3:1* - nice rebound, but it could've been 4:0 with serve (just got broken).

Keep it going Ana!
Old May 10th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #539
country flag ma re

Not sure how she managed to do it, but she did - 4:6, 4:6
Old May 12th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #540
country flag ma re

If it's any consolation, her doubles ranking took a turn for the better this week, from 175 to 163 - not that far from her best ever #149.