Ana Vrljic cheering thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #136
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

It'll be tough against a former top50 and current #130, but Yakimova lost several times this year to girls outside of top200 (one of those times being just last week) so she can be quite inconsistent. If Ana plays her best she might have a shot here, and even if she loses, there's still a chance for a LL spot.

P. S. For those of you who can watch it, SLO2 is starting the coverage of Portoroz as of tomorrow, 18h CET.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #137
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It was close for the first two sets (6:3, 6:7), but looks like Ana ran out of ideas or out of steam then (1:6). Too bad So close to another tour-level main draw.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:32 AM   #138
country flag ma re

Ana is the 4th seed of Hechingen 25k and is playing a local wild-card Perkovic in R1. She's also in doubles draw, teamed up with Harmsen and they play the 2nd seeds Schruff/Sema in R1.

Ajmo Ana
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM   #139
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Ana VRLJIC (CRO) (4) defeated Korina PERKOVIC (GER) 7-6(2) 2-6 7-5

Way too close for comfort, especially against a players ranked in the high 500s.
In R2 Ana plays Katarzyna PITER (#256).

Ana is defending QF points from the same tournament last year so she needs to win two more matches to pick up extra points. If she does that, though, she'll likely move into the top 200. Good luck, Ana!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #140
country flag ma re

This got me thinking - she's playing a claycourt challenger in Europe some two weeks before the start of USO qualies...does she even plan to travel to the States...
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #141
country flag ma re

She retired in R2 against Piter at 2:6, 0:3 Hope it's not serious.
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #142
country flag ma re

She's not in the draw of Versmold 25k, and she should've been seeded there. Hope the reason is because she's traveling to the States, but somehow I doubt that's it.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #143
country flag ma re

A tough job is ahead of Ana, cause she's playing Namigata in QR1 of US Open. Namigata is the favorite in terms of rankings, but Ana won their only previous match, in qualies of Bronx 50k, two years ago (3 sets). But Namigata is in much better form now then back in '08, so I expect this to be challenging (she reached QF of a 50k last month, QR3 in Wimbledon etc.)

Ajmo Ana
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #144
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #145
country flag ma re

BTW, her ranking slipped a bit this week, from 213 to 224 - hope that changes after USO.
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #146
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana has just won the first set against Namigata but it wasn't easy: 76(6).

C'mon, Ana, just one more set/six games/24 points!
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #147
country flag networthy

Ana just saved a set point to break Namigata and even the second set at 55. Well done, Ana!

And with that, play has been suspended.
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #148
country flag networthy

^ A bit blurry but better than nothing. Thanks, Williamsser!
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #149
country flag ma re

Thanks for the pics!

I hope Ana will take advantage of this delay, work out a plan with her coach and finish the job in straights today. She's in a really nice form and it would be a waste if she wouldn't use that to pick up quite a few worthy points.

Ajmo
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #150
country flag networthy

Ugh--Ana lost, 76(6) 57 46. I can't believe she couldn't pull it off. Huge missed opportunity.