US Open Series - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #16
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open Series

yay
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #17
country flag bad_angel_109

bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping Casey gets speedy recovery and starts to climb up the rankings again very soon.

twitter
AO pics on tumblr
bad_angel_109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #18
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Casey has pulled out of the Rogers Cup with a shoulder injury.

http://www.rogerscup.com/3/en/news/2...radditions.asp (down the bottom)
Keadz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #19
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Shit Shit Shit
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 06:38 AM   #20
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update
I imagine that this is only precautionary for the Olympics...
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #21
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision by her, at least she won't damage her Olympic chances.

I know this isn't related to Casey, but is Alicia going to play Montreal or not? I don't think she is as she is training in Brisbane to get prepared for winning a medal.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #22
country flag Mr.Kardashian

Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute

i hope the shoulder is fine for Beijing, Alicia and Casey have a great chance for a medal in the doubles IMO
Mr.Kardashian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #23
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

i would imagine that Alicia and Casey would be great medal prospects as would Sam and Stubbs and Sam.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM   #24
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Casey training at the State Tennis Centre this morning, she was doing shuttle runs and these two men were recording her times. She looks very fit, and she saw me and my brother and smiled at us
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #25
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

How my life has changed
Australia’s new queen of the court has arrived as a force and tells ROSS LEWIS she likes the service

Realistic goals: Rising international star Casey Dellacqua, at home in Perth, has targeted a top-30 world ranking as her next goal via the Olympics. Picture: Nic Ellis

The click-clack of the train wheels as they went over the gaps in the track made it impossible for Casey Dellacqua to catch some much-needed sleep.
So, as the carriage headed to some German town with an unpronounceable name as long as a tramline, Dellacqua had plenty of time to think.
Many of the thoughts revolved around the questions of where am I, why am I here and will I have enough time before my next match to wash my smelly shirts?
Welcome to life as a 100-plus ranked player on the world tennis circuit.
Dellacqua recounts the story with a smile on her face.
The rising WA sports star views her apprenticeship on the secondary women’s tour as something of a rite of passage — the hard yards athletes have to endure before the real fun starts.
The 23-year-old is now living the high life.
In the past nine months, Dellacqua has gone from Casey Who to being Australia’s new queen of the court.
And the left-hander doesn’t want to let her country down.
She is approaching the Beijing Olympics, where she will be Australia’s highest-ranked female player, as not just a chance to feel the pride of playing under the Southern Cross but also an opportunity to continue her rise up the ladder.
Little more than 18 months ago, Dellacqua looked like being just another tennis journeywoman wandering the world seeking that big break.
She was ranked at 180 and was spending more time on the challenger circuit than the tour proper.
Life was tough.
“I struggled for a lot of years there, not having much money as I was grinding out an existence in second-level tournaments,” Dellacqua recalls.
“There were many occasions where I was sitting on the trains through the middle of Europe in the middle of the night trying to get to tournaments.
“Then you rock up and suddenly have to take to the court. You are so unprepared.
“Then there were times when you had to miss doing the laundry because you couldn’t read the instructions in another language. Everything was that little bit harder in the day-to-day things.”
How the world has changed for Dellacqua.
In January she “arrived” on the tennis scene by advancing to the round of 16 at the Australian Open.
She later made the third rounds of the French Open and Wimbledon.
Her stocks rose again by appearing in the doubles final at Roland Garros.
With her ranking at 41, Dellacqua now gets around town in a $60,000 V8 Holden, a marked upgrade on the 1991 Commodore she had relied on.
In 2008 she has won $408,000. In her six previous years playing tennis around the globe, she pocketed around $300,000 and much of it was used to pay for travel to events.
“Now all those little things are done for me on the tour,” Dellacqua says. “You take your laundry to the courts and it gets done for you.
“A car comes to the airport to pick you up. That kind of stuff takes the pressure off and you can concentrate on what you have to do.”
With former Australian player Nicole Pratt now acting as coach, Dellacqua has targeted a top-30 ranking as the next goal.
And the Games is the next step in realising that dream.
In Beijing she will play singles and be joined by Athens bronze medallist Alicia Molik for the doubles. Rennae Stubbs and Sam Stosur are the other Australians in the women’s team.
Like Athens four years ago, the 2008 Games will carry ranking points, so wins and losses will have greater significance than just determining the medallists from the also-rans.
“For the tennis players, the Olympics are like the fifth grand slam this year,” Dellacqua says. “I’ll be preparing for it like any other major event but it’ll be a tough tournament because most of the top women will be there. “I’m not going over there for fun and fancy. I’m going there to improve. “Whether I achieve top 30 this year or next, I think it is a realistic goal. “But I’m not going to put any expectation or pressure to have to achieve that as soon as I can. “The thing I’m most proud of is that I have been able to perform consistently at the big events. “I didn’t want to do well at the Australian Open and then fall off the radar. It was important for me to step up to the next level.”

Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #26
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Thanks for the article

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #27
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Nice article
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #28
country flag Mr.Kardashian

Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for posting that... i love casey
Mr.Kardashian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #29
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolv3 View Post
I saw Casey training at the State Tennis Centre this morning, she was doing shuttle runs and these two men were recording her times. She looks very fit, and she saw me and my brother and smiled at us
Yeah shes always so nice to everyone....always says hello and has a great memory for names and ppl etc..........and yeah is looking great!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #30
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Great article

And Casey is at No.39 in the rankings now
Top 40 debut
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote