S2 - 20: Tour Championships, Madrid (YEC) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #16
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2 - 20: Tour Championships, Madrid (YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWLH View Post
Seems like Dav misses Lindsay when he typed this.
OMG
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #17
country flag E.Dementieva_FAN

E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to all players!
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #18

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Groups and profiles posted.
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #19
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Profiles

Michaella Krajicek

Coach - BWLH
Nationality - NED
Rank - #1
Favourite Surface - Grass

W - Birmingham, 's-Hertogenbosch, New Haven, Quebec City
RU - Wimbledon
SF - Montreal, US Open

After rebound ace and clay it looked like our prayers had been answered and Misa was going to tumble down to the rankings, but no, during the grass season she took performance-enhancing drugs found her game and unbelievably became #1 She's got 4 titles, but they're all mickey mouse events, so it's unlikely she'll win this week

Tamarine Tanasugarn

Coach - KevRulz09
Nationality - THA
Rank - #2

W - Australian Open, Montreal
RU - Auckland, New Haven
SF - N/A

For the second season in a row, Tammy won a Slam Her game picked up a lot during the hardcourt season and she safely made it to Madrid, she won the Australian Open with 2 aces so don't count her out this week.

Amelie Mauresmo

Coach - Not_Even_Amateur
Nationality - FRA
Rank - #3

W - Auckland, Wimbledon
RU - Birmingham
SF - Cincinnati

Momo's highlight of the season was definitely Wimbledon where she recovered from last season's nightmare to win her first GS, several other strong results ensured her safe passage through to the championships.

Alicia Molik

Coach - ...[Harvs]...
Nationality - AUS
Rank - #4

W - Antwerp
RU - Australian Open, 's-Hertogenbosch
SF - Auckland, Birmingham, Eastbourne

Alicia has been an extremely consistent performer this season, always making the QFs and the SFs, and having won the title in Antwerp with 0 aces, she could be a threat here this week.

Jelena Jankovic

Coach - dAdEx
Nationality - SRB
Rank - #5
Favourite Surface - Hard

W - Cincinnati
RU - US Open, Quebec City
SF - Amelia Island, New Haven, Moscow

JJ had just one SF going into the hardcourt season, but there she found her game and the consistent results started coming, she's going into Madrid with a lot of confidence and is looking like the potential favourite.

Kim Clijsters

Coach - Hashim.
Nationality - BEL
Rank - #6
Favourite Surface - Clay

W - Rome
RU - Strasbourg, Roland Garros
SF - 's-Hertogenbosch

Despite not winning RG, Kim was the star of the clay season, winning Rome and reaching two other finals, she's not done much since, but maybe she can spring a Belgian surprise this week

Jennifer Capriati

Coach - dementievavenus
Nationality - USA
Rank - #7
Favourite Surface - Hard

W - Strasbourg
RU - Sydney
SF - Gold Coast, Wimbledon

Jen's results have been solid but not spectacular, still it's been enough to see her grab a place at the championships, she's lacking in aces, but so are several other players, so she could make a run this week.

Maria Sanchez Lorenzo

Coach - Uranium
Nationality - ESP
Rank - #8
Favourite Surface - Clay

W - Roland Garros
RU - N/A
SF - N/A

MSL makes it in on the back of one good tournament and Jidkova going AWOL, but we won't blame her luck She's arguably the most talented player ever to grace ATC, so let's watch in wonder as she double bagels the rest of the field
Misa Certainly most impressive player of the season despite lacking big titles.

MASL Most talented player ever?
Definitely a one hit wonder.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #20
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

WTF Green group.

Rigged.
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #21
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

MASL is not the most talented player.

Far from it, in fact. But she deserves her place here as a Slam winner!

I don't like Amelie's chances given my shoddy indoor form, but I'll give it my best.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #22
ElusiveChanteuse

This is the most diverse YEC ever (All players are from different countries).
Unlike last season with all the Frenchwomen who mostly ended up with retirements/slumps.
Momo
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #23

Tuesday OOP

Black Group

Michaella Krajicek v Amelie Mauresmo

Jelena Jankovic v Jennifer Capriati

Green Group

Tamarine Tanasugarn v Alicia Molik

Kim Clijsters v Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #24
ElusiveChanteuse

Hopefully I'll defend my third place in my group.

I think Jelena or Momo will win YEC.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #25
ElusiveChanteuse

Results any soon???
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #26

Round Robin

Black Group

Mauresmo def. Krajicek

4-6 6-3 6-3

Momo Hasn't done anything for a few weeks but she delivered in style today and Misa's chances are dealt a blow
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #27
ElusiveChanteuse

Congrats Momo.
Oh well.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #28

Round Robin

Green Group

Molik def. Tanasugarn

6-4 6-2

Tammy is out of sorts But Alicia was striking the ball beautifully and scores an easy win to start her campaign
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #29

Round Robin

Black Group

Jankovic def. Capriati

5-7 6-4 7-6(0)

Tougher than expected for JJ, she was lucky to get through today and we'll see what else she has to offer later in the week, Jen
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #30
ElusiveChanteuse

Tammy Alicia
JJ,seems tough but pulled through.