What A Waste Of Talent - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag Lolo8

Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of Lolo8 has much to be proud of
What A Waste Of Talent

I'm talking about Venus Williams. Nobody in the history of women's tennis moves and glides across the court like this woman. Watching her on grass is a sight to behold. Even her volleys are beautiful and crisp when she executes it right.That forehand of hers that is ridiculed so much is a deadly weapon when its on. With five wimbledons in an elite club Venus Williams is still an underachiever. With atheleticism like that she should have won the career slam. I still don't understand it? That kind of greatness shouldn't only be displayed once a year at wimbledon. Venus has all the atributes to win on clay with her speed and great movement. But why such dismal results there? The same with Aussie Open. Venus could have been the female Pete Sampras setting the standard of greatness for her generation.She could have showed all the other wannabees how it should be done on the other surfaces. Instead of wanting to be the best by getting extra coaching to take it to another leval she choose to design ugly clothes. This is not a put down its just the frustration I have with Venus knowing that she has the potential to do acheive even greater things in tennis.
Lolo8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #2
country flag DimaDinosaur

DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What A Waste Of Talent

could would should. All these words means nothing. This is reality, we can only deal with the present and facts, not hypothetical scenarios.
DimaDinosaur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #3
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimaDinosaur View Post
could would should. All these words means nothing. This is reality, we can only deal with the present and facts, not hypothetical scenarios.
Exactly!

Enjoy what you've got and look forward.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #4
country flag Donny

Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why he's calling it a waste.
Donny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #5
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

She peaked at the wrong time in which Serena also peaked during that time.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #6
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Ben
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #7
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

You forget she lost 5 slams to lil sis....if we want to dream add those to her totals.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #8
country flag DimaDinosaur

DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnydarko View Post
That's why he's calling it a waste.
7 GS singles, 6 GS doubles (7 after today), 2 mixed GS, 2 Olympic GOLD medal, and the #1 ranking. This is what you call a waste?
DimaDinosaur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #9
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
7 GS singles, 6 GS doubles (7 after today), 2 mixed GS, 2 Olympic GOLD medal, and the #1 ranking. This is what you call a waste?
I am gonna good rep you

But saying she is a waste BEFORE her career is over is stupid, she still has time to win the Career Slam, but if she doesn't she'll still be a legend, 5 wimbledons is something only 3 other women could do.
If the plexicushion is actually fast like it should have been this year, next year Venus good do well.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #10
country flag Donny

Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute Donny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isn't my thread. But if the threadstarter truly believes that Venus had the chance to do more, and didn't, then yes, it is a waste in his opinion.
Donny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #11
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

she can still win french and aussie

i believe she has a good chance at both still. she just needs to change her mentality a bit.

Grand Slam [oJankyoNutcrackeroAnaresoVeeo]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oNastyaoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoMomooVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #12
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute

I understand where you're coming from. Vee had the potential to be the greatest women's tennis player of all-time. However, who's to say that even if Vee didn't have outside interests and she got better coaches, how long she could maintain that high level? Look at Justine, Kim C, etc and how they burnt out of tennis. I'm confident that had Vee focused entirely on tennis we would have this same conversation, but only in the context of what Vee could have been if she hadn't burnout and left tennis too soon.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #13
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
she can still win french and aussie

i believe she has a good chance at both still. she just needs to change her mentality a bit.
She should definitely have a great shot at the Aussie. It seems it takes Venus some time to get going over the course of the season, she can work on that.

The French, well, she could have a shot, but one of the problems seems to be an overall discomfort with a clay court. Her game is powerful enough to do well enough on clay and even win some of the warm-up tournies, but it'll be her toughest battle to try and win RG.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #14
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo8 View Post
I'm talking about Venus Williams. Nobody in the history of women's tennis moves and glides across the court like this woman. Watching her on grass is a sight to behold. Even her volleys are beautiful and crisp when she executes it right.That forehand of hers that is ridiculed so much is a deadly weapon when its on. With five wimbledons in an elite club Venus Williams is still an underachiever. With atheleticism like that she should have won the career slam. I still don't understand it? That kind of greatness shouldn't only be displayed once a year at wimbledon. Venus has all the atributes to win on clay with her speed and great movement. But why such dismal results there? The same with Aussie Open. Venus could have been the female Pete Sampras setting the standard of greatness for her generation.She could have showed all the other wannabees how it should be done on the other surfaces. Instead of wanting to be the best by getting extra coaching to take it to another leval she choose to design ugly clothes. This is not a put down its just the frustration I have with Venus knowing that she has the potential to do acheive even greater things in tennis.
Sharapova, Jerlena & Ana can match Venus & Serena shot for shot in other surfaces. But here undoubtedly they the edge. Look the way Sharapova played this yr ao there was none to stop her & nobody did & the way Venus played throughout this year wimbledon there was never any doubt about the champion, forget how others were playing
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #15
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo8 View Post
they are not ugly