BBC coverage is SOOOO sexist!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
liuxuan

liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future
BBC coverage is SOOOO sexist!!

Honestly - its ladies semi finals day!!! fair enough, we get live coverage of the matches, however during EVERY rain delay and between EVERY match, when it cuts back to the studio coverage, they were almost NEVER mentioned, instead they used these breaks in the studio to discuss even further, Andy Murray, Raf and Federer, show yesterdays interviews with them, and then discuss the other guys quarter final that was still going on!!

John macenroe, john lloyd and sue barker were even having a right old laugh about John macenroe commentating on Serena's semi but keeping one eye on schuttler/clement while he was doing it!!

To add insult to injury, the highlights show has just come on - and for the venus match, instead of showing any of it, they cut straight to 2-2 in the tie break, showing only 6 points!! I dunno how much of the serena match were gonna see - but it probly wont be as much as theyre gonna show of the shuttler match, and they wont be discussing it much either!!

im so sick of hearing about andy murray!!
liuxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM   #2
country flag John.
Turn your face into the sun!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC coverage is SOOOO sexist!!

It is an joke - Seriously.

I have E-Mailed the BBc every year about the quality of their highlights show - I have never once had a response
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM   #3
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

I know seriously i need there number so i can complain!!!

Twats!!!

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM   #4
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

omg it's halfway through the highlights show and they've already shown both semis.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:34 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If they were really sexist they would hire Gimelstob.
He's the king of judging WTA players by their looks.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM   #6
country flag SunriseSunset

SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light

They're biased PERIOD. The way they hyped up Murray after he defeated Gasquet, you'd think he'd won Wimbledon. It was only Gasquet for goodness sake, sorry to his fans but what has he done... It could be because Wimbledon probably wanted one of their favourites to win instead of the Williams and Jie.

It's ALWAYS Murray, just like with Henman. Did they seriously believe that Murray would beat Federer, Safin and Nadal? Did they seriously think that Tim "Quarter final/4th round" Henman would really win? Pur-lease. I think they showed the Murray-Gasquet match more then 4 times! It was all over the news. When Murray won ONE set it was on the news yet Murray losing the MATCH is hardly shown. Murray winning was mentioned before people dying for goodness sake. It was ridiculous.

So why be surprised that they pretend that the women don't exist? At least I'm not the only one losing my sanity.

Like: Haas. Tsonga. Kiefer. Bartoli. Mirza. Zheng. Bolleli. Safina. Mauresmo. Monfils.Jie.

Hate: Djokovic. Lubjicic. Sharapova. Murray. Dementieva. Soderling.
SunriseSunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM   #7
country flag Avid Merrion

Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute

here's the link to the BBC's complaints page. i've already used it today when they just decided to leave the Serena v Jie match, not during a change of ends but right in the middle of a game (!!!!) to go to Court one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/
Avid Merrion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM   #8
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

just wait if it rains tomorrow and a mens semi is held over or even both, the ladies final will just become a sideshow to the rafa and roger winning in straight sets dont break a sweat matches.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM   #9
country flag mr_parental

mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all

I think it is very stupid. It was so rushed!

And, yes they were NOT mentioned during the rain delays at all!

And, I hate Andy Murray!
mr_parental is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM   #10
country flag johnoo

johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuxuan View Post
Honestly - its ladies semi finals day!!! fair enough, we get live coverage of the matches, however during EVERY rain delay and between EVERY match, when it cuts back to the studio coverage, they were almost NEVER mentioned, instead they used these breaks in the studio to discuss even further, Andy Murray, Raf and Federer, show yesterdays interviews with them, and then discuss the other guys quarter final that was still going on!!

John macenroe, john lloyd and sue barker were even having a right old laugh about John macenroe commentating on Serena's semi but keeping one eye on schuttler/clement while he was doing it!!

To add insult to injury, the highlights show has just come on - and for the venus match, instead of showing any of it, they cut straight to 2-2 in the tie break, showing only 6 points!! I dunno how much of the serena match were gonna see - but it probly wont be as much as theyre gonna show of the shuttler match, and they wont be discussing it much either!!

im so sick of hearing about andy murray!!
I'm surprised they did'nt switch to the mens quarter final.In there defence they did show a couple of girls singles matches on freeview/interactive,can't remember them doing that as early as thursday especially as one match did not feature a british girl.
johnoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM   #11
country flag JAMESYBABY!

JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future JAMESYBABY! has a brilliant future

they showed robsons match tho ...
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM   #12
country flag mr_parental

mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all mr_parental is a name known to all

I think it is very stupid. It was so rushed!

And, yes they were NOT mentioned during the rain delays at all!

And, I hate Andy Murray!
mr_parental is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM   #13
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion View Post
here's the link to the BBC's complaints page. i've already used it today when they just decided to leave the Serena v Jie match, not during a change of ends but right in the middle of a game (!!!!) to go to Court one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/
thanks a bunch save it on my phone

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM   #14
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

I watched BBC too, and I didn't have impression that they were discriminating Ladies' Semifinals. I don't see anything wrong with talking to Federer, or their best tennis player, Murray, during rain breaks. Similarly, in the past I never saw anything wrong with the fact that they had been showing and talking about Tom Henman and Greg Rusedski. They are British after all.

This has nothing to do with discrimination against women: if Murray were a woman he would be shown, interviewed, and talked over as frequently, if not more so. Their sacred right. BBC is British, Wimbledon is British, and Murray is British.
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM   #15
country flag John.
Turn your face into the sun!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously people - Get the complaints in - John Inverdale must go

I said it another thread, but BBC's Wimbledon coverage is excellent whereas their Highlights show is

They should be doing something like ES RG highlights show
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote