Will the Williams sisters do anything the rest of year after Wimby? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your thought?

Yes, they will both have successfull rest of the seasons(3+ combined titles) 24 58.54%
Neither will, something will pop up for both(0 titles) 5 12.20%
One will be good, one wont probably(1-3 titles for one) 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future
Will the Williams sisters do anything the rest of year after Wimby?

Do you think they will go for it and play hard the rest of the year...or under-achieve/get injured/rest much of the remainder of the season?

Here is post Wimbeldon 2007 for both girls...Venus wasnt bad, but Serena? :

Serena 9-5 (0 titles, 1 final)
Venus 20-4 (1 title(Seoul), 2 finals)

This isnt a hating thread, just curious if you guys think they will go all out the rest of the season and really help there rankings.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM   #2
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will the Williams sisters do anything the rest of year after Wimby?

Will anything short of another Sister Slam at the US Open count as having done something?

right now, don't care, just be happy!!!

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #3
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully...
Venus plays a healthy schedule..
and not that 3weeks in asia
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #4
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Serena will win the Olympics and the US Open and Venus Wimby and the YEC. THAT IS MY PREDICTION!
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #5
country flag hotandspicey

hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SteffiGraf#1 View Post
Do you think they will go for it and play hard the rest of the year...or under-achieve/get injured/rest much of the remainder of the season?

Here is post Wimbeldon 2007 for both girls...Venus wasnt bad, but Serena? :

Serena 9-5 (0 titles, 1 final)
Venus 20-4 (1 title(Seoul), 2 finals)

This isnt a hating thread, just curious if you guys think they will go all out the rest of the season and really help there rankings.

I'm so happy right now I don't give two hoots. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #6
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I think they'll both be good this summer...not sure about after that, even if they'll play after that.

Venus had 5 top 10 wins between Fed Cup, San Diego and the USO last year. So hopefully she'll impress again this summer.

Serena played sporadically but she did well in Moscow...however we should remember she didn't make it to the Wimbledon final last year, just the QF. I hope this bolsters her more. I really want her to win the Olympics!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM   #7
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Serena was already doing really well this year before Wimbledon having won 3 titles and made a GS QF.

Venus is the one who has really turned it on this Wimbledon after a poor year (by her standards) so far.

I think Serena will continue in the manner she's been going in all year but I'm not too sure about Venus. I'd think she is more confident now after her run here and that she should have a good 2nd half of the year.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM   #8
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

nah, hard courts are different. They did not play thier best in wimbledon and still reached finals.(thanks to some early losses of top 5 players and some easy draws that they got.) good for them though. once in while they will play each other and enjoy themselves.
Hard courts are different.Serves are pretty easy to return there.
I don't expect them to do much on hard court expect may be winning one or two Micky mouse events.

Ivanovic and sharapova are clear favorites to win at USO imo. They got a perfect hard court games.
Flavia Penneta
# Brenda Schultz McCarthy # Elena Dementieva # Olga Govortsova # Marion Bartoli # Jelena Jankovic # Vera Zvonareva # Flavia Pennetta # Alla Kudryavtseva # Alisa Kleybanova
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM   #9
country flag Marcelo.
I see your green eyes, everytime I close mine.

Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what happens, one of them will win a Grand Slam, wich i think is great for a season
Marcelo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM   #10
country flag Marcelo.
I see your green eyes, everytime I close mine.

Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP0315 View Post
nah, hard courts are different. They did not play thier best in wimbledon and still reached finals.(thanks to some early losses of top 5 players and some easy draws that they got.) good for them though. once in while they will play each other and enjoy themselves.
Hard courts are different.Serves are pretty easy to return there.
I don't expect them to do much on hard court expect may be winning one or two Micky mouse events.

Ivanovic and sharapova are clear favorites to win at USO imo. They got a perfect hard court games.
Yes, like they were for Wimbledon
Marcelo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM   #11
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever doesn't win will be fierce the rest of the season.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM   #12
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JankoVee View Post
Yes, like they were for Wimbledon
They are never a favorite to win wimbledon.
i actually predicted sharapova would lose before 4th and ivanovic to lose in QF.
Flavia Penneta
# Brenda Schultz McCarthy # Elena Dementieva # Olga Govortsova # Marion Bartoli # Jelena Jankovic # Vera Zvonareva # Flavia Pennetta # Alla Kudryavtseva # Alisa Kleybanova
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM   #13
country flag SunriseSunset

SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light SunriseSunset is a glorious beacon of light

Is this for fans of players who didn't do well this Wimbledon? To make them feel better? As if to say "who cares about Wimbledon if they tank afterwards?"

Like: Haas. Tsonga. Kiefer. Bartoli. Mirza. Zheng. Bolleli. Safina. Mauresmo. Monfils.Jie.

Hate: Djokovic. Lubjicic. Sharapova. Murray. Dementieva. Soderling.
SunriseSunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM   #14
country flag youizahoe
12 and countin'

youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute youizahoe has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Wins, Wimby, US Open and Olympics.
youizahoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM   #15
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JankoVee View Post
No matter what happens, one of them will win a Grand Slam, wich i think is great for a season
yep. and serena's 31-3 this year, which isn't too shabby! so yes, they will do just amazing after Wimbledon

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote