Jelena speaks up - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM   #1
country flag mb011

mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of
Jelena speaks up

On her blog she addresses those who question her injury...

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/blog.php

You get well soon, jelena, and don't mind the haters, they are always around when someone gets to the top...
mb011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM   #2
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena speaks up

JJ
Get well soon, babe.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM   #3
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

She said in her interview that the doctors said she had a tear in her meniscus.... that's a pretty bad injury I hope she is well soon.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM   #4
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Surprised...

Hello friends,

I hope that you are all doing better than I am at the moment! Life doesn't always turn out as you plan and I am now back from Wimbledon looking after a knee injury I picked up in my third round match. Things were going well for me up until I played Caroline Wozniacki. She is a good young player who is coming through at the moment and we had a tough match against each other. Unfortunately, I injured my knee running for a ball and even though I was able to finish the match, Mark, the head Sports Doctor at Wimbledon told me that I should rest. But those of you who know me know that I am a fighter and that I never like to give up. Sometimes this puts me in a difficult position because the doctor gets very upset with me when I go against their orders. In this instance maybe I should have listened to him and pulled out of my fourth round match but I didn't want to let the fans and the tournament down so I decided to play on. Even if I was not at my best, Tamarine deserves a lot of credit for playing well and I am happy for her that she had a good tournament. For me, it was disappointing to lose but I was more saddened by some of the press reports after the match. I decided to play through the injury, through the pain instead of letting people down by pulling out. I don't expect credit for this but I read some negative reports about the legitimacy of the injury and that was tough to take. I would like to invite these reporters to look at my MRI. I feel frustrated because I think with some people; there is a lack of understanding of what it takes to be tennis professional. Unfortunately, I can't control everything that is written about me and I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I just hope that in the future, some people will try a little harder to find out the facts before jumping to conclusions. I know that there are many people out there supporting me and wishing me well so to those people I say a BIG thank you!

I am trying to stay positive and I will now be very focused on my rehabilitation. My goal is to get back to the courts as soon as possible. I have a lot of faith in my doctors here in Serbia and I am hoping that they will be able to work their magic again!

Love,

JJ
LOL It looks Jelena was reading GM
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM   #5
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM   #6
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would die if Jelena actually read GM.

The way Jelena plays, it's easy to have a lot of injuries.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM   #7
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoIt View Post
LOL It looks Jelena was reading GM
There's no difference between the tennis press and GM, come on
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM   #8
country flag Seyz

Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold

A Meniscus tear could be a career threatening injury, I'm hoping that's not what she has because she might end up needing surgery.
Seyz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM   #9
country flag hayleytrotter
Ana and Maria - Slam Champs 08!

hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold

Get well soon JJ! We miss you playing at your best!

Cornet Henin Ivanovic Jankovic Kuznetsova Kirilenko Mauresmo Navratilova
hayleytrotter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM   #10
country flag ChriS.

ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyz View Post
A Meniscus tear could be a career threatening injury, I'm hoping that's not what she has because she might end up needing surgery.
That is what was diagnosed from the MRI, and your right, it could threaten her career as this type of injury just tends to keep deteriorating with no real cure.
ChriS. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM   #11
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww JJ!! When will you learn to take it easy, play less, focus on the slams and hopefully earn yourself a GS title

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM   #12
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

Get well soon JJ. We miss you.
I always enjoyed her troubling Williams sisters.
she is fun to watch.
Flavia Penneta
# Brenda Schultz McCarthy # Elena Dementieva # Olga Govortsova # Marion Bartoli # Jelena Jankovic # Vera Zvonareva # Flavia Pennetta # Alla Kudryavtseva # Alisa Kleybanova
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM   #13
country flag Ripley

Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all Ripley is a name known to all

Got to love the way JJ speaks her mind
Good to hear that you are very focused on your rehabilitation
Get well soon and come back strong
Ripley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM   #14
country flag Willam

Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute

Jankovic rocks.

GG ♥ Sunny ♥ Taeyeon ♥ Hyoyeon ♥ Jessica ♥ Tiffany ♥ Yuri ♥ Yoona ♥ Seohyun ♥ Sooyoung ♥ SNSD
Willam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote