Palma Kiraly - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #46
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palma Kiraly

I believe both are from last week, at least the second pic.

Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #47
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of pics from the final:

(Mitu on the right.)

..with the accompanying article:
http://www.observator.info/sport-2/r...l-ilie-nastase
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #48
country flag Kristoffer

Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
I agree. The fact that she gets to at least the SF of almost every $10K tournament she enters shows that she needs to move up to the next level. She is only going to get better by losing early in a couple of $25K tournaments and becoming adjusted to playing at a high level. Only then will she know what it takes to succeed at a higher level.

Is she playing this week? I didn't see her name on any lists.
Next week she will play $50k Palic (at least she is on the entry list in qualies)...
Kristoffer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #49
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoffer
Next week she will play $50k Palic (at least she is on the entry list in qualies)...
I think he meant ITF events for the week of August 4th, but yes, you're correct she is entered in Palic, which is an August 11th event. (It's her fourth priority, though.)

Qualies
24 KIRALY, Palma HUN 486 4
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #50
country flag Kristoffer

Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice Kristoffer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
I think he meant ITF events for the week of August 4th, but yes, you're correct she is entered in Palic, which is an August 11th event. (It's her fourth priority, though.)

Qualies
24 KIRALY, Palma HUN 486 4
He said she should enter higher tournaments, that's why i wrote that...not because of his question about this week.
Kristoffer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #51
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
He said she should enter higher tournaments, that's why i wrote that...not because of his question about this week.
Oh, he was just agreeing with me when I said the same so I thought you were referring to her schedule.

My bad.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #52
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Palma will play the hungarian national championships next week.
Hakapeszi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #53
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
Palma will play the hungarian national championships next week.
She withdrawed from it finally.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #54
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Thanks for the info.

I'm on vacation and haven't had time to check to see if she's playing this week. Anyone know?
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #55
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

To my knowledge, Palma is not playing any ITF events this week. She doesn't seem very committed to rising up the ranks. I know 17 is young, but a lot of players were in the top 20 by 17 and Palma doesn't even seem to want to play on a regular basis.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM   #56
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Palma is not entered in any events for this week (Sep. 1) and she withdrew from her only event (10K Budapest) that she was entered in for the week of Sep. 8. She officially withdrew last monday.

Did she get injured after winning her last title?
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #57
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Signs of life! Palma is entered in $25K Lagos next week. Smart idea to head to Nigeria to play in the weaker ITF events. She can get both her ranking and her confidence up by winning a few rounds.

Best of luck Palma!
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #58
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Our Palm Tree is back.

Like Greg said, she's playing the ITF $25K Lagos, this also being her first 25K event.

Main Draw

(1)Agnes Szatmari (ROU) v (q)Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
(q)Nevena Selakovic (SRB) v Rushmi Chakravarthi (IND)

(wc)Ronke Akingbade (NGR) v (q)Katarina Baranova (SVK)
Palma Kiraly (HUN) v (8)Surina De Beer (RSA)

(4)Montinee Tangphong (THA) v (wc)Christie Agugbom (NGR)
(q)Ester Masuri (ISR) v (LL)Lisa Marshall (RSA)

Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) v (q)Nicole Monteiro (NED)
Elena Chalova (RUS) v (7)Tamaryn Hendler(BEL)

(6)Julia Glushko ISR) v (q)Eden D'Oliveira (RSA)
Ankita Bhambri (IND) v (q)Alexandra Riley (USA)

(q)Rebeca Neves (BRA) v Vivienne Vierin (ITA)
Chen Astrogo (ISR) v (3)Isha Lakhani (IND)

(5)Lisa Sabino (ITA) v Sanaa Bhambri (IND)
(wc)Fatimah Abinu (NGR) v (wc)Blessing Samuel (NGR)

Keren Shlomo (ISR) v Prerana-Mythri Appineni (IND)
Karolina Nowak (GER) v (2)Zuzana Kucova (SVK)

I really have no idea what to expect because of her recent absence coming off of her most recent title, but the old Palma should be able to do some damage with this draw, provided she can somehow overcome Surina.

Best of luck, Palma.
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #59
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

$25K Lagos 1R: Kiraly d. (8)De Beer 76(1) 46 64

Great start Palma!
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #60
country flag Hakapeszi