Daniela-Sanchez Vicario or Daniela-Sugiyama? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:44 PM   #1
country flag Central
Team WTAworld

Central has disabled reputation
Daniela-Sanchez Vicario or Daniela-Sugiyama?

I have to say I was very susprised when I read she is playing tjis week in Montreal with Arantxa, again.
In my opinion, they're a great team, and Aranxta has won, I think, two tournaments in a row with Kuztnesova, but...
With Sugiyama Daniela has played, and has reached two finals...

Being such a great player has this kind of things

- - - -

I procrastinate, therefore I exist

When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather In a beautiful world
And I wish I was special You're so fucking special
Central is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:50 PM   #2
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Here is another pic of Daniela's match with Sugiyama.
This was taken a couple of seconds after she lost the match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lost point.jpg (24.3 KB, 33 views)
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2002, 03:01 AM   #3
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
I love Ai, and I would love to see Daniela play doubles with her. But I like Aranxa too, and probably Daniela can learn a lot from the veteran. Either way is ok, as long as Daniela is ejoying herself. Of course, when you are at the matches, it's always a pleasure to see Emilio in the stands watching. I don't think Ai has a brother that can rival Emilio for looks.

Btw, this was in a Wertheim column.

Daniela Hantuchova has officially hit the big time; she was given the coveted Wednesday start.
starr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:24 PM   #4
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
Next up for Daniela and Arantxa are Martina and Jennifer. I hope they win this match resoundingly. Nothing against the two of them, but I'd like Daniela and Arantxa to make a statement.
Old Aug 15th, 2002, 12:59 AM   #5
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing against Ai because she is a great doubles player but Arantxa is good for Daniela with her experience and pepping her up when Dani is down on herself.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2002, 02:50 AM   #6
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Here is a photo of Daniela signing autographs for fans.

I'm thinking she's only just got up, what with that scruffy hair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hantuchovasigns0814web.jpg (64.8 KB, 22 views)
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2002, 03:15 AM   #7
country flag lemon

lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice
heh she always looks like that not that it's a bad thing

Heya guys! haven't posted in here for a long time

lemon

One of the original Cocktail Party Founders!!!
lemon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2002, 11:15 AM   #8
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Daniela in the first pic.

Yes, she has that look mostly with her hair. It is the *just blown dry* or *wind blown* look.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2002, 11:57 AM   #9
starr

I thought her hair looked nice in that picture. It was very shiny and clean looking.

Here are a couple of tidbits from Canadian newspapers:

Hantuchova, who is still upset about a controversial loss to Sugiyama two weeks ago in San Diego, beat Patty Schnyder of Switzerland 6-3, 7-6, while Schett upset Rubin 6-4, 6-4.

Hantuchova lost to Sugiyama after she was assessed a point penalty for delay of game at match point.

"That was something I guess that never happened to anyone before," Hantuchova said. "It's kind of hard to forget, because when you lose a match it's because you haven't played better or the opponent is playing well. But this time somebody took it away from me. It was very hard, but I'm just concentrating on my next matches."

And here's a funny comment.

Hantuchova draws attention for her thin 44-inch legs on a six-foot frame, which gives her the elongated appearance of a plant over-fed with Miracle-Gro.