Watching Sandra Zaniewska Grow - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #61
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watching Sandra Zaniewska Grow

She lost today to Anna Orlik in QF of Tallinn.
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #62
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

No comments Zania

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #63
country flag netimka

netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all netimka is a name known to all

Sandra is back at AOJ and won her first match, next probably against number 1... good luck...

Sandra Zaniewska (POL) def (Q)Min Liu (CHN)6:4 6:3

next winner of (1)Timea Babos (HUN) v (wc)Ashling Sumner (USA)

she is also playing double here and can meet with Paula in the 2nd round

Paula Kania POL
Anna Arina Marenko RUS
v
Nour Abbes TUN
Ons Jabeur TUN

Hao Chen Tang CHN
Kobkanok Upapong THA
v
Maryna Zanevska UKR (7)
Sandra Zaniewska POL (7)
netimka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #64
country flag TeamUla

Zania won first round Next opponent top seed Timea Babos
Too bad she lost in doubles, many points out now.

Found an article about her match against Robson, I think it's worth posting:

-----

The 15-year-old lost to Sandra Zaniewska of Poland 7-6, 1-6, 6-3 after one hour and 54 minutes of highly competitive tennis at Roland Garros.

At two years her senior, Zaniewska had much greater strength from the back of the court than Robson but the Briton fought valiantly only to come up short in a tense final set.

Murray, who faced Fernando Gonzalez on Court Philippe Chatrier this afternoon, has honed his game on the slower surface after spending time at a clay-court training camp in Barcelona as a teenager and that is a route Robson intends to follow.

The top seed said: I hate losing so it's never easier or worse than anywhere else. Andy struggled on clay when he was younger and now he is in the quarters. So I am going to try and do the same as him and keep improving.

She [Zaniewska] hit a lot of drop shots and that's how she won a lot of points. That was her tactic the whole match and it worked.

I ran a lot and now I am pretty tired. I tried my best and at times I could have served better and done a couple of things better but at the end of the day I tried my best so there wasn't much more I could do.

Once you get the ball it's hard to know where to hit it because if you hit it short, she is going to read it so you have to think about where you are going to hit it as you are running and hitting the ball.

By the final set I was extremely tired of running.

Robson battled back from a break down in the opening set to force a tie-break. Zaniewska had the first set point on serve at 8-7 but Robson produced a superb return and forehand winner to draw level.

She then earned a mini-break to force a set point of her own only to serve a double fault.

Zaniewska eventually took the breaker 12-10 but Robson raced through the second set in just 27 minutes to level the match.

But Zaniewska's superior stamina eventually won through and Robson, who will now focus on taking two English GCSE's, admitted: She is definitely more physically developed but I don't think age matters unless they are a whole lot more experienced. She was a lot stronger.

Robson must now wait until next Monday to find out if she has done enough to earn a main draw wildcard into the Wimbledon women's singles from the All England Club.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM   #65
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Zania visiting girls dressing room.

Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #66
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen the clips....... so disturbing

Anyway! Zaniewska is in the final of 10k in Koln, where she'll face Julia Babilon and... there will be a livestream here: http://www.tennislive.tv/
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #67
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Zaniewska takes her 2nd title of the year beating Babilon 64 64 in the finals. The match wasn't impressive, Sandra just stayed very consistent in defense, and Julia was hitting UEs one after another. Nice drop shots though.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #68
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

her drop shots She's doing well at Rancho Mirage, advanced both in singles and doubles.

Her gestures after each pts in doubles was really...comic so expressive.

also took her pic (at my pic acct)

todays she meets Albanese in singles

and with Guskova meets Ishizu/Nakamura in doubles.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Feb 13th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #69
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

itf website;

Ambition in tennis: to win all grand slam tournaments.

She again lost to Pliskovas (lost in Quali at Rancho Santa Fe when she teamed with Ozgen) in the doubles final.

Her serve at Semi and Final was unstable, and she conceded the match at tiebreak by committing an DF

But I was much impressed with her good hands.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #70
country flag Pszczelny

Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute

Antalya (10K)

First Round:
Sandra Zaniewska (POL) (6) def. Melis Sezer (TUR) (Q) 6-4 6-3

Second Round:
Sandra Zaniewska (POL) (6) def. Victoire Mfoumouangana (FRA) (Q) 5-7 7-5 6-1

Quarterfinal:
Sandra Zaniewska (POL) (6) def. Isabella Shinikova (BUL) 6-1 6-1

Semifinal:
Marta Sirotkina (RUS) (1) def. Sandra Zaniewska (POL) (6) 6-3 6-2

First singles SF since June
Pszczelny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #71
country flag TeamUla

The fact she had a lot of trouble against Mfoumouangana is not very promising.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #72
country flag Cinek

Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future

$10,000, Koeln, Germany, Clay (O)
32 W Christina SHAKOVETS (GER) 6-3 6-3
16 W Marina MELNIKOVA (RUS) 6-4 1-6 6-1
QF W Vanessa HENKE (GER) 3-6 6-0 6-1
SF W Bianca KOCH (GER) 6-3 1-6 6-0
FR Lena-Marie HOFMANN (GER) 6-4 6-2

Great week for Poland (Marta won tournament in singles and doubles, Piter won in doubles and now Sandra in singles)

SANDRA RANKING
Current Singles 436
Current Doubles 378

After this win she will be higter in singles

Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter
Also in Tumblr
Cinek is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #73
country flag TeamUla

After this she won't be ranked higher as she won this tournament last year.
Congrats for the title and defending points
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #74
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Sandra Zaniewska (POL) d. (5)Conny Perrin (SUI) 63 64
Precious win
deliverance. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #75
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Yeah, excellent win for her
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote