The 2008 Hard Court Season: It's Time for the Olympics and USO - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #31
country flag Reckoner

Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of
Re: The 2008 Hard Court Season: It's Time for the Olympics and USO

Best thing about Montreal is that TSN actaully shows the matches.

Otherwise they got poker, golf or fishing.
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #32
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2008 Hard Court Season: Forget Wimbledon! It's Time for the Olympics and USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
i like that smilie
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #33
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

is it time for ana yet

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:53 AM   #34
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

HERE'S another brief topic of conversation--OR something else to ignore as many of my other questions have been--can Kuzy possibly catch Ana by winning LA since she didn't play there last year,or is she too many points behind?...and what about 2007 SFist Jelena,is it possible for her to become #1?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #35
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
HERE'S another brief topic of conversation--OR something else to ignore as many of my other questions have been--can Kuzy possibly catch Ana by winning LA since she didn't play there last year,or is she too many points behind?...and what about 2007 SFist Jelena,is it possible for her to become #1?
jelena can overtake ana only if she wins the tournament, kuznetsova can't in any way.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #36
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
jelena can overtake ana only if she wins the tournament, kuznetsova can't in any way.
Thanks for the knowledge

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #37
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No Jelena only needs to make the final but even if she does Ana will take the #1 ranking right back at Montreal
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #38
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-RadsBlackSheep View Post
No Jelena only needs to make the final but even if she does Ana will take the #1 ranking right back at Montreal
according to "statistics king" cp6uja she needs to win it, but i guess he can explain it better than me anyway.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #39
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Do you mean that Jelena will lose points by not playing Montreal so that Ana will overtake her...or are you simply predicting that Ana will catch Jelena?

Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #40
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you mean that Jelena will lose points by not playing Montreal so that Ana will overtake her...or are you simply predicting that Ana will catch Jelena?
The bolded section Ana lost her first match at Montreal last year meaning only 1 ranking point I expect Ana will perform alot better this year
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #41
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
The bolded section Ana lost her first match at Montreal last year meaning only 1 ranking point I expect Ana will perform alot better this year
...and since Jelena made it all the way to the final of last year's Rogers Cup,it would be easy for Ana to catch her by simply not choking in the 1st Round as she did in Toronto 2007.Jelena would ned to win the tourney to gain any points...is THAT how it works?

Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #42
country flag azdaja

Quote:
...and since Jelena made it all the way to the final of last year's Rogers Cup,it would be easy for Ana to catch her by simply not choking in the 1st Round as she did in Toronto 2007.Jelena would ned to win the tourney to gain any points...is THAT how it works?
not this year because points for montreal will come off later. both will have points from both last and this year after the tournament.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #43
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
not this year because points for montreal will come off later. both will have points from both last and this year after the tournament.
Then I guess Ana's best chance to retain the top spot is if Jelena doesn't make the LA final.......BUT,so that we can't be accused of hating Jelena(which I DON'T),I'll root against her in a VERY gentle way.IF and when she loses:"Awwwww,I'm sorry Jelena;come over here,you delicious Serbian muffin ."....Perhaps that approach will prevent any Civil War flare-ups.

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #44
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I was not sure where to post this, but here it is:

Front page of the main newspaper from Mallorca (Spain), Ultima Hora (saturday, July 19).

Quote:
"Mallorca es un lugar perfecto"

La tenista serbia Ana Ivanovic, número uno del mundo, pasa unos días en la Isla antes de volver a las pistas

Guapa, simpática y la mejor tenista del mundo. Ella es Ana Ivanovic, que está pasando unos días en Mallorca mitad descanso, mitad entrenamiento, preparando sus próximos compromisos profesionales. Ayer por la tarde estuvo ejercitándose con Tomeu Salvà como «sparring» y la proxima semana se marchará a Montreal. Tras su sesión de casi dos horas de duración, la jugadora serbia tuvo la deferencia de atender a Ultima Hora en la cafetería de las instalaciones del Palma Raquet. «Llegué a Mallorca hace casi dos semanas. La primera estuve descansando y desde el lunes he vuelto a entrenar. Conozco bien la Isla porque cuando tenía 14 años vine varias veces a Cala Rajada donde entrenaba con Erik Van Harpen». Ana Ivanovic está viviendo su mejor temporada como profesional. En Roland Garros logró su primer Grand Slam y consiguió auparse a lo más alto de la WTA. «Fue increíble conseguir mis dos sueños en la misma semana. La lástima fue que Wimbledon llegó demasiado pronto y estaba muy cansada, sobre todo psicológicamente. Pero bueno, también me ha servido de experiencia para un futuro». La conversación se desarrolla en castellano demostrando una vez más la facilidad que tienen los deportistas balcánicos en aprender nuestro idioma. ¿Será porque le encanta la Isla? «Mallorca es un lugar perfecto para vivir y me encantaría instalarme aquí». Algunos rumores apuntan a que Ivanovic está buscando casa, aunque ella no lo quiere confirmar. «Otra de las cosas que me entusiasman de Mallorca es la comida. La coca de verduras está buenísima. Me hubiera gustado probar también la sobrasada, pero tiene demasiada grasa y tengo que mantenerme en forma», explica entre sonrisas.

Ana Ivanovic aguarda con una ilusión muy especial la llegada de los Juegos Olímpicos de Pekín. «Será impresionante. Además, tendré la oportunidad de ver competir a los mejores deportistas del mundo y eso es algo increíble. Lo único malo es que tendremos el calendario aún más cargado pero, de todas formas, estoy muy ilusionada con competir por mi país en un evento tan importante».

Ana Ivanovic no tiene muchas amigas entre el resto de las jugadores, pero no por culpa suya. «Existen chicas muy agradables con las que se puede hablar, pero es muy difícil que se conviertan en amigas porque la competencia entre nosotras es muy fuerte. Yo intento llevarme bien con todas».

Como a cualquier joven de su edad le encanta la moda y escuchar música, pero entre sus mayores aficiones, además de ir de tiendas, se encuentra la lectura. «Es una afición que tengo desde pequeña. Me encanta leer, sobre todo libros de Historia. Durante un tiempo pensé en estudiar una carrera, pero el tenis te exige demasiado tiempo». Un consejo para sus «fans»: le encantan las series «24» y «Perdidos», pero no soporta que le cuenten un capítulo que aún no ha visto.

Jaime Moreda

Foto: Julián Aguirre
So, for everyone who do not speak spanish, this article is about Ana's vacation and practice in Mallorca, Spain. She has been there for about 2 weeks, and said that the first week was just for some rest, but since monday she has been practicing. She is supposed to go to Montreal next week. The reporter says that Ana did the whole interview in spanish and that she is beautiful, nice and the best tennis player in the world. She talks a little bit about the Olympic Games, about friendships on tour, that she likes to read books and watch TV shows. She also says great things about Mallorca, that the city is perfect, the food is wonderful and that she used to go train there when she was a 14 year old. The article states that there is a rumour around that she wants to buy a house there.

Well, Ana has definitely chosen a precious location to spend her vacation. And there are great facilities there to practice. It seems that Ana speaks spanish, that's some info I didn't know.

It's really late here now, but I can translate the whole thing tomorrow if you guys want me to or if no one does it before.

Last edited by gaviotabr : Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:52 AM.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #45
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sociedad
´Rafa Nadal será número 1 este año´

"No me parece bien que chicas modelos hagan de recogepelotas". Foto: Lorenzo.

La tenista serbia Ana Ivanovic, que se marcha hoy de la isla, ha combinado unos días de relax y entrenamiento en Mallorca junto a otra de sus grandes pasiones: ir de tiendas VANESSA SÁNCHEZ.

PALMA. Tímida y amable a partes iguales, no descuida ni el más mínimo detalle. Coqueta, risueña y muy profesional, posa ante los medios con una sonrisa sincera. No es modelo, pero está considerada como una de las mujeres más sexys del planeta, algo que le hace sentir bien "aunque también me avergüenza. Es un halago que agradezco pero lo mío es el deporte, no la pasarela". Ana Ivanovic (Belgrado, 1987) ha pasado unos días en la isla combinando largas sesiones de entrenamientos con jornadas de relax en la playa. Ayer, en su despedida de Mallorca, quiso revelar algunos de sus secretos.
"Aún no puedo creer que esté en el número 1 del ranking de la WTA -la lista que agrupa a las mejores tenistas en competición-, es un premio a muchos años de trabajo. Pero espero que lo mejor esté aún por llegar", confiesa. Y es que tiene una espina clavada que, aunque no es suficiente como para señalar este 2008 como un año agridulce, no le da la felicidad completa. "Ganar Roland Garros fue increíble. Luego llegó Wimbledon y no pude alcanzar la final. Estaba muy cansada, física y emocionalmente, lo que no me permitió estar al cien por cien", reconoce. Por eso, admira mucho más los méritos de su amigo Rafa Nadal quién, por cierto, ha hecho de anfitrión de la tenista y le ha enseñado algunos rincones de la isla. "Estoy convencida de que Rafa este año alcanzará el número 1. Roger Federer está muy fuerte, pero la victoria de Nadal en Londres, en el torneo de Queens y en París son definitivas. Espero que tenga suerte en el Open USA".
Aunque no ha descuidado su alimentación durante estas mini vacaciones, lo cierto es que la joven no ha podido resistirse a la coca de verdura y a la paella. "La comida por aquí es deliciosa". No es lo único que le ha gustado de una isla que ya conocía de hace tiempo, cuando con 14 años entrenó junto a Erik Van Harper en Cala Rajada. "Mallorca es un lugar idílico para vivir, la gente es muy amable".
Entre raquetazo y raquetazo, Ana Ivanovic ha podido conocer lugares tan dispares como Pollença, Andratx o Puerto Portals y practicar una de sus aficiones favoritas: las compras. "Me gusta vestir según la ocasión. Como siempre voy muy deportiva, cuando puedo, me pongo algo más elegante, sobre todo vestidos", asegura. Enganchada a su reproductor mp3 con las canciones de sus artistas preferidos, entre ellos Maroon 5, Leona Lewis y Pink, también sigue de cerca la actualidad informativa y todo lo que acontece en el mundo del tenis. Por ello, cuando se le pregunta su opinión sobre que haya mujeres modelos haciendo de recogepelotas en los torneos contesta deprisa. "Cuando estás en la pista no te enteras de lo que ocurre a tu alrededor porque estás muy concentrada. Pero creo que es un poco machista. Los niños son ideales para hacer esa función, porque además, son futuros espectadores y jugadores de tenis", dice.
Esa es su otra pasión. "Cuando me retire, me gustaría trabajar con los más pequeños".
Another article about Ana in Mallorca, from the newspaper Diario de Mallorca. This time they say that she is going to leave the island today. It has the same info the other one had, only adds that Rafa Nadal was Ana's host and showed the city to her. Also she says that she believes he will be number one sometime this year. She talks a little bit about the disapointment at Wimbledon, but she was really tired mentally and phisicaly, and couldn't be at 100%. The reporter describes Ana as extremely kind, careful with every detail, profesional, gigly and a also bit shy.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote