It's Official: Chris Fowler is an idiot! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #76
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's Official: Chris Fowler is an idiot!

For me, it's more just another addition to the countless idiotic mistakes Fowler makes throughout these tournaments. Maybe it wasn't the worst mistake in the world, but it was kind of hilarious watching Venus give her cool smile back to him as she told him it was her favourite number, I'm sure she realized he didn't know that fact.

And it was in the "tennis tickers" for a long time, so if you're covering a sport on television, then you should follow these news headlines. One of them forgetting, or two or three, is forgivable since it is fashion, but all of those guys not understanding why 11 would be important is stupid, and it's also clear they haven't watched near enough Womens tennis seeing as when Venus is playing it is normally mentioned.
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #77
country flag beriadan

beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all beriadan is a name known to all

I remember watching it AO this year with my friend, and she isn't really into tennis that much, and she's also a very sweet person, Chris Fowler was doing his usual mouthpiece smug asshole routine, and my friend randomly started yelling at him to "Shut the fuck up" out of the blue. It was really funny.

I seriously hate thei "ESPN studio" top of the hour updates. Such a waste waste of time, and they have the nerve to cut away during tie breaks! I suppose they think that we desperately need to be enlightened but their godly analysis of each player.
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #78
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Some people will never be satisfied. I like tennis a lot, but I love sports in general and not just tennis.
I also have no idea why the number 11 is significant to Venus and she's my favorite player. When you're a commentator for tennis, making a mistake about someone's fashion line is not that big of a deal IMO.

Also realize, that unlike PMac, MJF, Pam Shriver and the rest, Fowler covers several sports for ESPN and can't spend all his time on tennis, which is probably the least popular in the United States of all the sports he deals with. So give the man a f*cking break. I think ESPN needs at least one recognizable face to bring in the casual fan and if you are not an avid tennis fan, you have no idea who Pam Shriver, Mary Joe Fernandez, Cliff Drysdale, Patrick McEnroe or any of these other commentators are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM   #79
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Is he supposed to now Venus' favorite number?
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #80
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

People if you didn't see the interview and don't even know what the complaint is about maybe you should ask first.

Nobody expects the idiot to know Venus' favorite number. That is not now or has ever been the complaint. At least get it right.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #81
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

Chris wasn't there today for some reason and PMac did a way better job than Chris filling in for him.

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #82
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Fowler is an idiot. I thought he'd already proven that at previous slams. What I really hate is when he is interviewing someone and he won't let them speak, because he has to make sure we ALL know exactly what he thinks even though he knows so little about tennis. It is an interview, dude. We want to hear from the player, not you. Also, he was going on the other day talking about all the retirements, it's shameful this and that, blah blah blah. And yet he did not even bother to point out that some of the retirements came from injuries on court. Of course, a player is going to want to play the Slam, even if s/he has a slight injury. It is a Slam for Chrissakes. He doesn't need to go on and on about all the lucky losers who wanted to play. A lot of players wanted to play, including the ones who were forced to retire from their matches. Anyway, I can't stand him. Today it was much better with just Patrick, but he's nothing great either.

Also, I don't need these hourly update reports on the whole tourney, just scroll the scores and that's enough. That part is really ESPN's fault, though.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #83
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
Well I guess that post went right over your head. That figures.
No, I understood. It's still called trolling because you didn't read all of the posts and still flaming the thread. If you look at my posts, I wasn't complaining about the commentators and actually I defended him.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #84
country flag Denise4925

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotandspicey View Post
[/b]

Then be gone.
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #85
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Some people will never be satisfied. I like tennis a lot, but I love sports in general and not just tennis.
I also have no idea why the number 11 is significant to Venus and she's my favorite player. When you're a commentator for tennis, making a mistake about someone's fashion line is not that big of a deal IMO.

Also realize, that unlike PMac, MJF, Pam Shriver and the rest, Fowler covers several sports for ESPN and can't spend all his time on tennis, which is probably the least popular in the United States of all the sports he deals with. So give the man a f*cking break. I think ESPN needs at least one recognizable face to bring in the casual fan and if you are not an avid tennis fan, you have no idea who Pam Shriver, Mary Joe Fernandez, Cliff Drysdale, Patrick McEnroe or any of these other commentators are.
Venus your fav player? coulda fooled me the way you write her off so quickly...

Anyways... I dont know if you saw the interview... its not that he didnt know it was her fav number or why it was her fav number... It was the dumbass look he had on his face when the girl is wearing her clothing line which has Eleven written on it....I dont know why ya'll are trying to make excuses for him or even P Mac for that matter... I mean hes a sports announcer not exactly the brightest bulb... I have no complaints on his tenni commentary... i mean theres far worse people who cant even get the star players names right when this is all they do...

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 02:38 AM   #86
country flag Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel has disabled reputation

..and Fowler has improved over the years and he still sounds like a big dope. He is better at commentating on other sports than tennis. I hate it when he gets dismissive of players, especially when he is commentating on the men's game. It's like, excuse me, fool, have you ever played the game?
I love me some Bill Macatee even though at times he sounds a little braindead but he is respectful to all players.
Mrs. Peel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #87
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise4925 View Post
No, I understood. It's still called trolling because you didn't read all of the posts and still flaming the thread. If you look at my posts, I wasn't complaining about the commentators and actually I defended him.
No sorry.....you complained about the producers instead. My original post about complaints still rings true.
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #88
country flag Denise4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
No sorry.....you complained about the producers instead. My original post about complaints still rings true.
I wouldn't call it complaining, but pointing out a fact, but I accept your apology.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #89
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #90
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

I have to bump this I already posted it in the results thread, but Fowler was very irritating during Venus' match last night. He was so dismissive of Venus, which he has been for years. I remember even in 2005 before she went on to win Wimbledon again, he called her a "forgotten woman". The snide comments he makes about players too are sometimes too much. I just wish he would let the former pro player commentators do most of the talking. Whenever he tries to argue his point with the other commentators who actually know the game, I just can't believe it.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote