It's Official: Chris Fowler is an idiot! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #46
country flag Fabunny

Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future Fabunny has a brilliant future
Re: It's Official: Chris Fowler is an idiot!

Well I guess Patrick McEnroe is an idiot too. He mentioned on the air that he didn't know the significance of Venus saying that 11 (her doubles seeding at Wimbledon) is her new favorite number.

Mary Joe and Pam need to pass them a note

Your mind will take you far. The rest is just pure heart. You’ll find your fate is all your own creation.

There’s so much strength in all of us, every woman, child, and man.
It’s the moment that you think you can’t - you’ll discover that you CAN.
Fabunny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #47
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post
Let's see because he constantly talks about personal things about players like he knows stuff, Venus is one of the few American players in the 2nd round, It is a big deal to have your own clothing line, much bigger than Nike making a special cardigan or Maria wearing shorts. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't know those facts but what I am saying is if he can know and talk about those things then yes he should know about Venus' clothing line.

If Andy Roddick or God forbid Sharapova had a clothing line do you think he would take the time to find out what is the big, interesting news in relation to tennis about them? Please...
First of all, Nike is available worldwide, whereas EleVen isn't even available in all 50 United States; out of sight, out of mind. Secondly, they just showed a couple of points from the sisters' doubles match, and tennis lifer Patrick McEnroe said he didn't know why that was Venus' favorite number. It's a guy thing, my friend, nothing serious.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #48
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post
and the idiots still don't know that Eleven is her clothing line.... they are just idiots that don't feel they need to even take the time to do the basic research on players they know little about. They just went on about eleven being Venus' favorite number and now Patrick McEnroe even got in on the idiocy.
OMG That's going to drive me nuts when I get home to watch it.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #49
country flag Denise4925

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
First of all, Nike is available worldwide, whereas EleVen isn't even available in all 50 United States; out of sight, out of mind. Secondly, they just showed a couple of points from the sisters' doubles match, and tennis lifer Patrick McEnroe said he didn't know why that was Venus' favorite number. It's a guy thing, my friend, nothing serious.
Come on darrin, that's not an excuse. They were talking about Roger's jacket and his shoes for a couple of hours before he played yesterday and while they interviewed him.

They (Chris and Patrick) talked about Serena's trench.

I'm sure they went on ad infinitum about Maria's shorts today.

But, they don't have a clue that Venus is wearing her own clothing line?

Actually I fault the producers for this and Venus' marketing person. Not the idiot talking heads on the screen. They only know what is put before them and if it doesn't get in front of them on paper before they get on the air, they don't know.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #50
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your whole post is a bunch of

They are professionals and if they are going to comment on women's tennis then they should take the time to know what the hell they are talking about.

and hilarious about S&B not being in all 50 states like that means anything. They have probably over 300 locations that's big enough and even if they only had 3 it's a major fact about Venus' life and anyone who did the most minute research would know that.

I see Mary Carillo is trying to clean it up.
Rocketta is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #51
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

seriously there's no tv announcer on this planet than can appease you people
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #52
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise4925 View Post
Come on darrin, that's not an excuse. They were talking about Roger's jacket and his shoes for a couple of hours before he played yesterday and while they interviewed him.

They (Chris and Patrick) talked about Serena's trench.

I'm sure they won't on ad infinitum about Maria's shorts today.

But, they don't have a clue that Venus is wearing her own clothing line?

Actually I fault the producers for this and Venus' marketing person. Not the idiot talking heads on the screen. They only know what is put before them and if it doesn't get in front of them on paper before they get on the air, they don't know.
Thank you, De.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #53
country flag Denise4925

Quote:
Thank you, De.
They are still idiots though.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #54
Serena's #1 Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
seriously there's no tv announcer on this planet than can appease you people
If Carillo and Fernandez didn't know about Venus' clothing line, then I can see the outcry, but the guys? They probably couldn't tell you what designers their wives are wearing today, much less Venus Williams.

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #55
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the deal about everyone freaking out about this anyways? Does the fact that a couple announcers on tv who are unaware of Venus' clothing line really matter that much? And why do you act as though it is common knowledge to know this? Those of us who don't give a crap about Venus are probably not gonna know that she has her own clothing line.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #56
country flag Denise4925

Quote:
What's the deal about everyone freaking out about this anyways? Does the fact that a couple announcers on tv who are unaware of Venus' clothing line really matter that much? And why do you act as though it is common knowledge to know this? Those of us who don't give a crap about Venus are probably not gonna know that she has her own clothing line.
Why do you care that we care or that we're freaking out? Your posting in here is useless because we don't give a crap about you.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #57
Serena's #1 Hater

Quote:
I know a lot of male tennis fans who don't know that.

Wait a minute.....I'm agreeing with an Anaheim Ducks fan? HELP!!

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #58
country flag kris719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise4925 View Post
Why do you care that we care or that we're freaking out? Your posting in here is useless because we don't give a crap about you.
I don't care, I was speculating why people do care. See the difference? .......I could easily say the same about your posting, so watch where you're going there.

darrinbaker00
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #59
country flag Denise4925

Quote:
I don't care, I was speculating why people do care. See the difference? .......I could easily say the same about your posting, so watch where you're going there.

darrinbaker00
No. I only see you complaining about other people complaining. Why do you even care enough to speculate, if that's what you want to call it.

You could, but it would only be true about you, since I am discussing the thread topic and not complaining about it.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #60
country flag misael

misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold misael is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
So why is it called EleVen?
What's the big deal, i still don't know what 11 means, who cares, I'am guessing 10 being the best then 11 is off the charts , but whatever,it's not that important, it's a clothing line.
misael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote