BBC and Inverdale strike Again! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:39 PM   #1
country flag cogent53

cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of cogent53 has much to be proud of
BBC and Inverdale strike Again!

After thoroughly enjoying Petra's dominating victory today, thought it would be nice to record and keep the highlights show for posterity. With the men's double final running long, it was shortened anyway (God forbid a repeat of QI be cut!!)

The brief highlights that we got were all parts where Bouchard battled, no interviews and John Inverdale dismissing it as the appetiser for the doubles finals. All he could come up with was the old 'why don't they play 5 sets so people get their money's worth' point. Ignorant and total lack of respect for a great winning performance. Grrrrrr!
:fiery

Elena Dementieva Angelique Kerber Amelie Mauresmo Sabine Lisicki
Simona Halep
Sam Stosur Andrea Petkovic Svetlana Kuznetsova Maria Sharapova Yaroslava Shvedova

cogent53 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #2
country flag cozy411

cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of cozy411 has much to be proud of
Re: BBC and Inverdale strike Again!

He'll never change. He's an a**. Why he still has his job or people think he's a credible analyst for women's tennis is beyond me.
cozy411 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #3
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Typical inverdale.

What shocked me most was during the French Open he was totally up Womens tennis arse sayinf how the womens tournament had been so much better than the mens and saying the womens final was amazing. I almost fainted

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #4
country flag Nazanin

Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold Nazanin is a splendid one to behold

Nice to see my country doesn't have a monopoly on sexism...
Nazanin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #5
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

What annoyed me more was how he said/implied the women's final was just a warm-up for the mens doubles final.

Also, I have to laugh now, as yesterday Andrew Castle and John Lloyd both picked Eugenie to win in straight sets, and that Kvitova was only "average"

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #6
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised the BBC is still employing this guy.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #7
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
What annoyed me more was how he said/implied the women's final was just a warm-up for the mens doubles final.

Also, I have to laugh now, as yesterday Andrew Castle and John Lloyd both picked Eugenie to win in straight sets, and that Kvitova was only "average"
Sack them and give more airtime to Super Marion - she picked Kvitova correctly!
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #8
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertango View Post

I know! The man's a complete tit, it's so insulting to say the final was a warm-up for the doubles. I wish Clare Balding would present the highlights instead.

As usual, half the time we didn't even get highlights as they stayed with live coverage. I don't know why they insist on the 8pm slot year after year.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #9
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Why the fuck doesn't he get fired? He's so fucking obnoxious.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #10
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Why the fuck doesn't he get fired? He's so fucking obnoxious.
Says obnoxious Sammo.

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
____ VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB ____
Mike_T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #11
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
I know! The man's a complete tit, it's so insulting to say the final was a warm-up for the doubles. I wish Clare Balding would present the highlights instead.

As usual, half the time we didn't even get highlights as they stayed with live coverage. I don't know why they insist on the 8pm slot year after year.
Yes that is stupid - the tennis is never finished at 8pm. Why don't they have it at 10pm like they used to?
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #12
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, this one is nowhere near as scandalous as "she's not a looker". It's just the usual lame Inverdale stuff.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post

Having listened to the commentary on the link pennychange gave, Balding had a bee in her bonnet about 5 set finals, as if she were saying, this isn't going the way we wanted so we should play on until it does. So I don't feel she covered herself in glory today, though nothing as misjudged as Inverdale's "main event" joke, if it was a joke.

If people care about the distinction, I don't think Inverdale is employed by the BBC, hired or retained might be better words.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #14
country flag Rebell

Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of Rebell has much to be proud of

This guy is the scum of the earth
Rebell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #15
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

The funny thing is that he's been on his best behaviour the past 6 weeks, really making an effort not to appear like the sexist pig that he is at heart. Today it was back to the usual BS he's been talking for so many years. A leopard can't change its spots.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote