Articles and Interviews - Page 281 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #4201
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Thanks for explaining it. I think we can forget about Singapore already. She should be (at least) in the top 8 at this point so that the claycourt and grasscourt seasons are just a matter of damage control. But she's in a position where she has to make up ground on those surfaces which is just not gonna happen.
Yes I wasn't really thinking Singapore, I was literally just thinking where she will end up. It feels like she's done ok recently, but nothing better than that, then you look at it and she's way worse off than she was at this time last year which is pretty disconcerting.

It can't really get any worse on clay, but a bunch of R2 and R3's don't really help her long term when you can only count 16 results anyway. The way the points have been shared out and lots of players posting big scores doesn't help either.

I don't know why she plays Stuttgart tbh. It's a tough field, and you never feel like she's going in prepared when she'll probably have a weeks practice on clay going in. She might play Birmingham I would guess.
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #4202
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes I wasn't really thinking Singapore, I was literally just thinking where she will end up. It feels like she's done ok recently, but nothing better than that, then you look at it and she's way worse off than she was at this time last year which is pretty disconcerting.

It can't really get any worse on clay, but a bunch of R2 and R3's don't really help her long term when you can only count 16 results anyway. The way the points have been shared out and lots of players posting big scores doesn't help either.

I don't know why she plays Stuttgart tbh. It's a tough field, and you never feel like she's going in prepared when she'll probably have a weeks practice on clay going in. She might play Birmingham I would guess.
There's a 380 point difference using this year's ranking system between Caro's 2013 Indian Wells and Miami point total and 2014's. Caro was lucky to make the final with Vika's withdrawl from the quarters of Indian Wells. It's a 435 point difference in this year's point system between a final and a quarterfinal at a premier mandatory.

Caro also got only 1 point from the premier 5 Doha this year while she got 190 points in this year's ranking system from last year's Doha quarterfinal. I think those big tournament results explain most of the difference in points between this year and last year.

My guess as to why Caro plays Stuttgart is that the players are treated very well there.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #4203
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fiction by Ivanovic. This is from the Wta's article about yesterday's Monterrey semis:

MONTERREY, México - It was a dream semifinal match-up - two of the most popular players on the WTA, both former World No.1s, Saturday night and under the lights. And Ana Ivanovic came through.

The No.2-seeded Ivanovic beat No.3-seeded Caroline Wozniacki in two tight sets, 76(5) 64, rallying from 3-1 down to take the first set and almost losing control of the match in the second set, originally going up 4-0 before Wozniacki caught up to 4-all - but Ivanovic managed to close the match out.

"It was a great match tonight," Ivanovic said. "I played really well, especially in the beginning of the second set. We've had very close matches in the past, so it was really a treat to win tonight.

"Caroline was really striking the ball well."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-of-world-no1s
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM   #4204
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/markalannixon
Correction - Translation of @johasger interview with Piotr in Ekstra Bladet http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2273704.ece … : When (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1s1jr4m

Quote:
Correction - Translation of @johasger interview with Piotr in Ekstra Bladet http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2273704.ece : When Caroline Thursday afternoon started her first practice session at 5 PM with Petra Kvitova in Madrid, an expectant father and coach got ready to gather loose tennis balls up.

"She's playing much better now than she did last year at the same time," says Piotr Wozniacki, who only has training and practice sessions to build on.

But there's one concrete change: the Japanese Yonex racquet, which the Dane cursed last year especially during the clay season, has now been replaced with her old, French Babolat racquet.

"Yes, it's important for her self-confidence that she plays with with the racquet she had results with in the old days. But she's playing better in general on clay and understands the surface better than before," thinks Piotr.

Paradoxically, the injury to her left wrist, which forced her to withdraw from Stuttgart, has helped to hone an important tool in her tool box. Because Caroline had to take it easy with her two-handed backhand during practice, she's had to hit a lot of one-handed backhanded slices.

"The injury is better now, but she sliced the most in Monaco when we played practice matches with Bernard Tomic, Marta Domachowska (her hitting partner) and a few 18-year-old lads from the top of the junior rankings.

"It's very important for her to realise that she can use other backhand shots. Her slice is improving immensely, and Caroline is in fine shape both physically and tennis-wise. She's almost 100%," estimates Piotr Wozniacki.

His daughter has almost no points to defend during the clay season, so there is a great opportunity to better her 14th. place in the rankings.

"But we're taking it as it comes. She still has to be careful with her wrist at the start. And we hope for a sensible draw."

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #4205
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.madrid-open.com/noticias-...el-ano-pasado/
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #4206
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to hear that she's been working on her slice but I don't know how she can be close to a 100% physically when she can't hit her favourite and most important shot.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #4207
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

50 Most Marketable 2014 - Caroline Wozniacki
http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_m...ine_wozniacki/
Quote:

Caroline Wozniacki - Danish, 23, Tennis (23)

As a wave of exciting young prospects emerge on the WTA Tour, it is clear Caroline Wozniacki has lost some of that fresh appeal she had when she entered this list at a lofty number nine in 2011. Nevertheless, it is easy to forget she is still only 23. Though a Grand Slam title remains elusive and, ranking-wise, she may well have had her day, Wozniacki and her management team at Lagardère Unlimited have been successful in positioning the Dane as much more than a tennis player.

She is, after all, one of only a few female athletes with a profile established enough to justify launching a personal underwear line and her endorsement portfolio, stocked with the likes of Adidas, Oriflame, Turkish Airlines and Dubai Duty Free, is the envy of most in women’s sport. Last year Wozniacki earned an estimated US$11 million from endorsements alone, placing her firmly among the world’s highest-paid sportswomen. ML

Old May 13th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #4208
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^
She's "only" 23, but she's an old 23 year old because she's been around for a long time now and she arguably overplayed in her best years. And mentally she's even older than physically if her recent comments are anything to go by.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #4209
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
^^^^
She's "only" 23, but she's an old 23 year old because she's been around for a long time now and she arguably overplayed in her best years. And mentally she's even older than physically if her recent comments are anything to go by.
I look at it that she had a vacation the last 2 years.
Very few long hard weeks, like she was having on the way up.
Thats why she does (relatively) well after the US Open the last 2 autumns. She has fresher legs than a lot of players who had better Jan-Sept.
I still think you dont get to #1 for 68 weeks with over 20 titles by accident.
But Caroline has to understand why she won, her style of play; and that most of her wins, and all her good slam results, are on hard court
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #4210
country flag CWTennis

Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki wedding: Smitten pair to tie the knot in August
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...edding-3546429

Old May 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #4211
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki wedding: Smitten pair to tie the knot in August
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...edding-3546429
Late August ... that's USO time .... anyhoo Caro-career, it's been nice knowing you.

PS I liked this story better : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...c-bets-3392438

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #4212
country flag CWTennis

McIlroyRory
I see the @Independent_ie have got it wrong.... AGAIN!!! If they keep plucking dates from the sky they'll get it right eventually haha!

Old May 15th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #4213
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Rory they got it wrong again....

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #4214
country flag CWTennis

http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com...eSet=13&page=0

Old May 21st, 2014, 08:31 AM   #4215
country flag CWTennis

Rory McIlroy calls off engagement to Caroline Wozniacki saying: "The problem is mine"

Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy's engagement has ended.

The golfer made the announcement today through his communications consultancy, following a conversation with Ms Wozniacki.

McIlroy said today: "There is no right way to end a relationship that has been so important to two people.

"The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails.

"I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we've had.

"I will not be saying anything more about our relationship in any setting."

The pair had recently denied reports that they were set to tie the knot this August.

More to follow.
http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/ce...roline-3579718