Articles and Interviews - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #3976
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Why would a father abandon his daughter? .. If I had a daughter and she was competing at a slam, I would move earth and big mountains to get to see her play.

Wonder, why the same icons are never used when the Williams' parents are watching Serena and Venus ... but they only appear to be used with Piotr, who isn't allowed to just watch his daughter play at the biggest tournaments.

Murray's mother *face palm* to her too? Dementieva's mother, Jankovich's mother .. Neither should be allowed to watch their children play tennis?
Its a complicated situation.
One way of looking at it, she was at the YEC, so keep her dad around.
Or, she was #1 seed at YEC for 2 years, then didnt play in Istanbul for 2 years, so maybe she needs a change.

Ultimately its Caroline's choice.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3977
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Why would a father abandon his daughter? .. If I had a daughter and she was competing at a slam, I would move earth and big mountains to get to see her play.

Wonder, why the same icons are never used when the Williams' parents are watching Serena and Venus ... but they only appear to be used with Piotr, who isn't allowed to just watch his daughter play at the biggest tournaments.

Murray's mother *face palm* to her too? Dementieva's mother, Jankovich's mother .. Neither should be allowed to watch their children play tennis?
I agree, she's his child so even if he wasn't involved in her career it'd be normal for him to be there. Plus, I think that Caroline herself finds him a big support even though he's not involved in her training. You know, when going gets tough one look into the player box where you see someone who was always there for you can make a difference.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #3978
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I agree, she's his child so even if he wasn't involved in her career it'd be normal for him to be there. Plus, I think that Caroline herself finds him a big support even though he's not involved in her training. You know, when going gets tough one look into the player box where you see someone who was always there for you can make a difference.
I think the concern is about Piotr getting involved in Caro's training again despite him saying that he won't.

Caro needs to form a good, working relationship with Hogstedt and Piotr's presence might inadvertantly get in the way of that.

I don't think looking at your box on a regular basis is a good thing though.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #3979
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think the concern is about Piotr getting involved in Caro's training again despite him saying that he won't.

Caro needs to form a good, working relationship with Hogstedt and Piotr's presence might inadvertantly get in the way of that.

I don't think looking at your box on a regular basis is a good thing though.
Yes, I know where you're coming from and I doubt that Thomas Hogstedt would like that to happen. I think though that cutting Piotr completely off from the start could be counter-productive as she is so used to having him around. She should try to go it alone most of the time, of course, I meant mostly when the going gets tough it's good to have some moral support.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #3980
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future DanLovesWTA has a brilliant future

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...zniacki/49983/
Sorana Cirstea Jelena Jankovic Samantha Stosur Victoria Azarenka Eugenie Bouchard Sabine Lisicki Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Caroline Wozniacki Na Li Monica Niculescu Petra Kvitova Flavia Pennetta Belinda Bencic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #3981
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light

According to the Brisbane International website, the draws will be released Saturday morning Australian time. So, based on my calculations it's around 7 hours from now or so. Hopefully, Caro can get a semi-favorable draw to give her some confidence to start the year. I think a quarterfinals appearance would be extremely encouraging and it would be something to build on. Unfortunately, Niculescu (Caro's bitch) isn't entered into this tourney. So much for a given 6-3, 6-2 first rounder
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #3982
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Former World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki will miss the Brisbane International due to injury
FORMER World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki has withdrawn from the Brisbane International citing right shoulder soreness.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/f...-1226791469947

The Danish star said she'd recently been troubled by pain in her shoulder, particularly when serving, and was not ready to start her WTA season while the issue persisted.

The tournament sixth seed is hopeful that intense treatment can help ease the discomfort and

Wozniacki plans to head straight to Sydney where she is entered to play next week.

Wozniacki, the world No.10, had been drawn to play world No.23 Dominika Cibulkova.

"I just feel like for me it's more important that I get it 100 per cent and make sure it does not get worse," Wozniacki said.

"It's really disappointing, obviously I was really looking forward to playing here.

"Right now I just need some good physio and treatment."

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #3983
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki out of Brisbane with shoulder injury
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.Ur_irNJdXEJ

Quote:
Wozniacki hopes to recover to play the Sydney International, which begins a week from Sunday. She said that she began to feel some shoulder pain just before heading to Australia and added that it hurts most when she serves.

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #3984
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND

THE MODERATOR: Unfortunately, Caroline has had to withdraw with a right shoulder injury. She'll answer a few questions.

Q. What happened?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I felt it after one practice. And I just feel like for me it's more important that I really get 100% and make sure that it doesn't get worse.
I thought the right decision for me was to withdraw from here. It's obviously very disappointing because I really look forward to playing here and starting off the year here.
But, yeah, with some good treatment and watch out for it a little bit over the next few days, I should be ready to play in Sydney.

Q. It happened the last couple days? Serving? Forehand?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, serving probably is the one where it's the worst. But for me, right now I just need some good physio, good treatment, and my head is still in Sydney. I've been working really well and hard in this off‑season with no problems.
I wanted to start of the year well. That's why I made the decision to withdraw from here, just because I didn't feel like there was a need to make it worse before going into the Open as well.

Q. When will you head to Sydney?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking maybe tonight we're gonna go down there and just spend a few days there.

Q. So was it one day ago? Two days ago? When you got here it was feeling okay and you felt like a sudden pain or it was gradual?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I felt it on my last practice before I got down here I felt it a little bit. Yeah, it wasn't a sudden pain. It was just, yeah‑‑ I definitely‑‑ I've gotten like scans and stuff and there is nothing wrong with the ligaments or with the tendons I think it's called.
So that's very positive. They just say, Take it easy over the next few days. I'm fine doing some things on the court as well, which is great. It's improving every day, so, yeah, few more days and I should be ready.

Q. So serious concern? I would think a little bit disappointing just because most players come into the new season and year excited about playing the first week, month.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, of course it's a little disappointing not being able to play this week. It's a tough test this week, and you really want to just be, Okay, where am I compared to the others?
I feel like I've been playing and hitting it so well in the off‑season. That way I'm not really‑‑ you know, I feel confident about the season ahead.
That should be good. That's why I also‑‑ as I said before, I just want a good start and be able to play 100% when I start.

Q. How has it been going with Thomas?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Good. Yeah, it's been going well with Thomas. We've been working hard and really taking advantage of this off‑season.

Q. Anything really new or just little minor things he's doing with your game?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I think just minor things, a few good tips here and there and a few pointers. I think when you're on a high level like you are here, all of us playing, I think it's just minor things that can make a big difference.

Q. When you say treatment, what sort of treatment? There are a lot of things you can try now. Dry needling.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No, not a big fan of needles. Always been afraid of them. So doing just a lot of trigger points, just mostly just mobilizing, massaging, trying to get all the tightness away around the shoulder as well, and the back.
Yeah, mostly that. Ice. Yeah, quite a bit of treatment. Feel like I've been laying there for a good while.

Q. Your dad was speaking a couple weeks ago and said you and Thomas asked him to come to Australia to make the adjustment easier. Is that true?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, I think it's great that my dad is coming to Melbourne. It's nice to have him, and my mom is coming too there. I always like having them by my side. So just have some familiar faces, it's great support. It will be nice.
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM   #3985
country flag CWTennis

News about Wozzilroy is everyweher- Eonline, People, US Weekly, CNN etc.

Some of the articles:

Rory McIlroy spent €150,000 on Caroline Wozniacki’s engagement ring
http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/ir...roline-2979903

Caroline Wozniacki Engaged to Rory Mcllroy—See the Tennis Pro's Giant Diamond Ring!
http://uk.eonline.com/news/495084/ca...s&dlvrit=48939

Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki Are Engaged
http://www.people.com/people/article...771098,00.html

Caroline Wozniacki Is Engaged to Golfer Rory Mcllroy -- See Her Ring
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...r-ring--201411

'I said YES!!!': Golf star Rory McIlroy and girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki announce New Year engagement
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ngagement.html

Rory McIlroy announces engagement to Caroline Wozniacki on social media
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/01/sp...SS%3A+Sport%29

I hope all the buzz about her engagement won't take away her focus from AO!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:19 PM   #3986
country flag CWTennis

Rory's in the chair in quest for grunt
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...1226793899139#

Quote:

HIGH noon at Olympic Park. Hotter than Hades. Nearly as hot as Birdsville. Caroline Wozniacki finished her sweat-soaked training session for the Sydney International. Time to flee the paparazzi: The Australian with an iPhone.

Rory McIlroy carried her bags from Ken Rosewall Arena. Good man. Since popping the question on Sydney Harbour on New Year's Eve, McIlroy has clearly become aware of Bill Cosby's truth about the secret to wedded bliss: "The wife is in charge."

The real fascination with Wozniacki is the search for grunt in her tennis rather than the size of the rock on her finger. Two points of interest at Homebush. The first was the presence of Maria Sharapova's former coach, Thomas Hogstedt, the hired gun trying to inspire a maiden majors triumph for Wozniacki at the Australian Open. Even more telling, in readiness for her first tournament appearance since Hogstedt was signed in October, was the thick-framed Babolat racquet she used to club ball after ball after ball.

Wozniacki is a slip of a thing. Looks like Jane, plays like Jane. Serena Williams and Sharapova huff and puff and blow her off the court. She has better movement than Sharapova, and better court craft than both of them, but they hit poor little Bambi into oblivion.

Hogstedt and the Babolat are the cures. Sharapova's discarded mentor was doing with Wozniacki yesterday what he used to do with Sharapova, getting her to nail forehands, hitting them flat and hard, pausing and surging into them with the leg drive of a shot-putter.

Her old Yonex stick has been ditched. To ratchet up the power, she will compete with the most powerful racquet on the market, the thick-framed Aeropro Team range of Babolat favoured by the heaviest slugger in world tennis, Rafa Nadal. She appeared to be hitting a heavier ball yesterday but the real test will be whether she can do it under pressure when Sharapova and Williams are landing their bombs.

Wozniacki snuck in a few matches with a Babolat last year. Contracted to Yonex but dissatisfied with their equipment, she painted the frames of Babolat's black and finished the year by winning the final at Luxembourg. The Nadal-style, black-and-yellow frame was paraded for all to see yesterday. A contract has been signed, Yonex has been told to take a hike and the black paint has been left at home.

Wozniacki had two exhaustive sessions inside Homebush's concrete jungle. Her late-morning drills on Rosewall were followed by a burst on Court 2. McIlroy fetched stray balls. He sat in the umpire's chair. He hit a few shots: two-handed backhands, unconvincing. His departure was delayed by kids asking him for autographs and photographs. Wozniacki walked off alone. No one wanted her signature.

She has collected nearly $US16 million ($17.9m) in prizemoney, she once held the world No 1 ranking, she's part of the most famous sporting couple since Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf and she got to see Sydney's fireworks. Life's good. But she's never done what McIlroy has managed twice, the winning of a major title.

Running out of ideas, she's turned to Sharapova's coach and Nadal's flashing blade. They're not the worst ideas she's ever had.

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM   #3987
country flag CWTennis

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...1226793340876#

Quote:
Onlookers described her as looking appropriately radiant but she was quickly down to business on court, testing out the right shoulder that prompted her withdrawal from the Brisbane International four days ago.

Wozniacki complained of tightness in the shoulder in Brisbane but her withdrawal appears to have been precautionary.

She has been playing with freedom since hitting the courts in Sydney and all indications are she will be ready to take her place in the draw next week as sixth seed.

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #3988
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/ir...cilroy-2994194
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #3989
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Danish superstar Caroline Wozniacki was forced to wait about five hours inside the players' area for her round one game of the Sydney International. Tournament organisers had scheduled her game on the grandstand court with a ''time to be arranged''. However, international broadcasters' commitment to showing her match against German Julia Goerges forced the pair to wait until the end of the Jelena Jankovic-Ekaterina Makarovamatch on Ken Rosewall Arena finished.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/f...#ixzz2pceRcyGD

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #3990
country flag CWTennis

‘Unlucky’ Wozniacki in Questionable Form for Aussie Open by Matt Cronin
http://www.10sballs.com/2014/01/07/u...y-matt-cronin/

Wozniacki makes an early exit in Sydney
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/othe...dney-1.1646988
Quote:
“I really had a lot of good matches last week,” the 24-year-old added in reference to winning all three matches at the Hopman Cup in Perth last week.
“It’s not like I’m playing bad. I’m not worried about that. I just think not my day . . . sometimes you have to lose.”
“I felt like it was pretty good today. It was small things that I didn’t win,” the Dane said.
“I don’t feel anything in my shoulder anymore. It’s great. I’ve felt good for the last few days.
“I played two matches here then I get a few days over there (Melbourne) and get to play a few sets as well with some of the girls and with different types players.
“I should be ready for Melbourne.”