Articles and Interviews - Page 265 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM   #3961
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3962
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I would generally say that her FH regressed a lot since she changed the racket
^Backhand aswell, Babolat suits her more, every her shot is more efficient with Babolat!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3963
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I would generally say that her FH regressed a lot since she changed the racket
If she had Yonex for winning Dubai, finals Doha, winning IW, winning Charleston, final Stuttgart, SF Rome, winning Brussels..
Wasnt all that with Yonex? I thought that was her best tennis ever.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:39 PM   #3964
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If she had Yonex for winning Dubai, finals Doha, winning IW, winning Charleston, final Stuttgart, SF Rome, winning Brussels..
Wasnt all that with Yonex? I thought that was her best tennis ever.
Yeah she won all that with Yonex but she had more success with Babolat she won Rogers Cup, Toray Open, China Open, Aegon International, won New Haven three times, & also made the Finals at Madrid, Charleston, IW & The U.S. Open with the Babolat . I not saying she going start making final like she used too back in 08-11 but she should do better then the last two last & hopefully with an new coach she can improve her game as well

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:50 PM   #3965
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she does better with Babolat.
But at 2011 IW her draw was Azarenka, Sharapova, Bartoli.
Those players won 4 of the last 8 majors. Caroline went through that draw and nobody thought it was an upset.
I think what changed is her style of play. She used her skillset well and knew she was difficult to beat.
Since that summer she doesnt play the same style. A lot more unforced errors now

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM   #3966
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

From reading some of the Articles Thomas seem like he want her too be more aggressive as well, I truly don't think it have much too do with her changing her gamestyle but more too do with her not getting the proper coaching she need I mean not talking bad about her father he took her as far as he could but well she was still getting coach by her father player like Vika & Aga went on too getting better coaches and improve their game, that something Caro has too do now

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3967
country flag goldenlox

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UrdL9vRDuQ1

Piotr Wozniacki, the father and former coach of Caroline, says he will travel with his daughter during 2014, even though Thomas Hogstedt is now coaching her.

Piotr Wozniacki had said in the fall that he wanted to spend more time at home, but apparently he will travel to Australia and other locales at the alleged insistence of his daughter and Hogstedt.

“They want me to go to Melbourne,” he told Ekstra Bladet. “They believe it is for the best. Thomas believes it is important that I occasionally help both training and competitions next year. He thinks that it is too significant a breach of Caroline if I suddenly stop completely. I have of course been at her side almost constantly the last 13-16 years, so I’m not just dispensable from one day to the next. Caroline needs my support.”

Piotr Wozniacki added that Hogstedt will be in charge of coaching.

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3968
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so now it's the actual coach who wants Piotr to stay? I guess he followed the news when she was coached by Ricardo.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 11:54 PM   #3969
country flag Trey

Piotr: Caroline wants me to go to Australia

Quote:
As Ekstra Bladet a week or so ago, Piotr Wozniacki, he was in high spirits and wearing a cold lager poolside.

Christmas with the family in Miami was planned that was booked flights home to Europe and the prospect of the first year long without liabilities within the world traveling tennis circus.

Friday was the mood relatively intact. In contrast, plane tickets canceled. For Caroline and her new coach Thomas Högstedt had moved training headquarters from California to Florida, and with them they had a prayer to Piotr:

- They want me to go to Melbourne. They believe it is the best, he says with a southerly address to the year's first grand slam in January.

For marked a break
- Thomas believes it is important that I occasionally helps both training and competitions next year. He thinks that it is too significant a breach of Caroline, if I suddenly stop completely.

- I have of course been at her side almost constantly the last 13-16 years, so I'm not just dispensable from one day to the next. Caroline needs my support.

As Ekstra Bladet in October could reveal the name of the new coach, announced Piotr Wozniacki otherwise he would completely withdraw tennis connector: I want to show all the skeptics who think that I always want to mix me that I'm more professional than they think. I will not interfere. Thomas takes over everything that has to do with tennis. I will not attend the training.

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #3970
country flag goldenlox

I never thought it was just a coach.
This is about changing styles.
You have to do what you're good at. What you are confident in, what makes you believe in yourself.
That whole talk of "winning a major" or "plan B' hurt Caro, imo.. You have to play your best and Caroline has to limit the sloppy errors. She won by going for some huge backhands and occassional forehand, but she was very steady and her opponents knew they were not getting many gift points back then

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #3971
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3972
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I never thought it was just a coach.
This is about changing styles.
You have to do what you're good at. What you are confident in, what makes you believe in yourself.
That whole talk of "winning a major" or "plan B' hurt Caro, imo.. You have to play your best and Caroline has to limit the sloppy errors. She won by going for some huge backhands and occassional forehand, but she was very steady and her opponents knew they were not getting many gift points back then
Yeah but even at her best in 08-11 she struggle too beat the best at the Major Like I said in the other post other players have found coaches & work too improve their game while Caro for last couple year made no improvement in her game nor did she gave the coaches she had an chance too help her hopefully that change now

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3973
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Yeah but even at her best in 08-11 she struggle too beat the best at the Major Like I said in the other post other players have found coaches & work too improve their game while Caro for last couple year made no improvement in her game nor did she gave the coaches she had an chance too help her hopefully that change now
Everyone has trouble beating the best players at majors.
But Caroline was getting to the semis and final, 3 years in a row at US Open.
Now she's not close at any major.
I think its partly mental also. She has to be ready and cant fall apart like she did against Giorgi. She wins that match, beats Vinci and Pennetta, and its like a different year.
That's all it takes, like with Bartoli. Just get through one slam draw, and hope things fall your way in the final weekend

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM   #3974
country flag Trey

I Hoping this year she can at least get back in the mix at major. I think an good goal or start will be for her too make an QF at least at one or two of the Majors this year & make some deep run at the Premier events. I looking forward too see what improvement in her game with help of Thomas

Old Dec 25th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #3975
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya0 View Post
Piotr
Why would a father abandon his daughter? .. If I had a daughter and she was competing at a slam, I would move earth and big mountains to get to see her play.

Wonder, why the same icons are never used when the Williams' parents are watching Serena and Venus ... but they only appear to be used with Piotr, who isn't allowed to just watch his daughter play at the biggest tournaments.

Murray's mother *face palm* to her too? Dementieva's mother, Jankovich's mother .. Neither should be allowed to watch their children play tennis?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote