Articles and Interviews - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #3931
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

VIDEO: Wozniacki lukker ned for privatlivet ( VIDEO: Wozniacki shut down for privacy)
http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../12/130104.htm

Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki looks back on his first eight years as a professional tennis player.
There has been much talk about the terms crisis with Caroline Wozniacki in the media, but even though it has only been a single WTA title this year, tennis star pleased to note that she was the fifth consecutive finishes in the top 10 in the world ranking.
- It's amazing, if I do say so myself.
- It's the top 10, where everybody wants to be, it's certainly something I'm proud of, and if there were some who said to me was 7 years old, "you're going to be number 1 two years consecutive top-10 five consecutive years, "then I said, that's fantastic, I will be glad to.
- You have to put things in perspective. What the media so choose to turn stories to it, they though. I would at least pat myself on the shoulder and say, well done, says Wozniacki, who points out that she is the first Scandinavian to have done so, she tells BBC Sport.
No news about Rory McIlroy
Tennis fills obviously very in Caroline Wozniacki's life, but she has received a lot of publicity because she is the girlfriend of golf star Rory McIlroy.
Also on their own initiative because she has have sprung up to his press conferences with questions nordireren. But we should not expect more of.
- Actually, I have decided that I will keep everything private life private from now on.
- I am so tired of always being speculated and talked about all sorts of things. For me it is just important, I've always felt this way, life off the court and how to have it are clearly more important than whether you can turn a ball over the net once extra.
- If I was asked if I would rather have a happy, wonderful life, and have 10 children and all healthy and live happily until their dying breaths, or win an extra tournament on the tennis court, then there would be no question. I had chosen the happy life, says Caroline Wozniacki.
'Stop it, you're cool'
Wozniacki believes the media affect the Danish attitude to her performance, but she also feel appreciated when she is at home a trip.
- I just think if the media had written, it's great all the time so people had believed it. But if you persist in writing that there is something that is not good enough, so think people eventually also on what is, especially if you are not completely in the sport.
- But again, I've just been in Denmark, and there were so many people who came up to me and said, oh boy you're cool, it's so well done, we follow you. We think it's amazing what you accomplish, and put Denmark on the world map. People at home definitely think it's good. The media must sell newspapers and have the click, they do what it takes to sell, says tennis star.

Physically and mentally mark
Its only 23 years despite so she can feel that she has been part of the WTA Tour for many years now.
- This is my eighth year as a pro, oh, it's so many years. Season glands becomes harder and harder, because it takes the body to be on all the time, also mentally.
- So that you can feel. I have also had issues a few times, when it's time to lie racket on the shelf, and then I say that I am only 23, so they say oops, that we had forgotten because you've been here on the tour for so long. I also caught myself saying, "I'm meeting a young player today, she is 'up and comming' and so is she older than myself, she recognizes.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3932
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Those are interesting comments. Caroline is in a unique situation because she was #1 for so long, won so many titles, but never the biggest titles.
A lot of tennis media and fans think majors mean a tremendous amount. So she will always have those comments about her. Unless she wins majors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #3933
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I am only 23, so they say oops, that we had forgotten because you've been here on the tour for so long. I also caught myself saying, "I'm meeting a young player today, she is 'up and comming' and so is she older than myself, she recognizes.

loved this bit

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #3934
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro should play mixed at majors, see if there's a chance they become a decent team.
Why not stay Olympic eligible? Those are pretty meaningful medals to nontennis fans, which is most sports fans
Sure those medals are meaningful, even for a tennis fan. I just think that it's very unlikely that she will be a contender for medals if it's on clay.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3935
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rory McIlroy rues missed chances in Dubai in front of Caroline Wozniacki
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...line-wozniacki
Quote:
"It was nice," said McIlroy of Wozniacki's arrival. "She started her pre-season a couple of days ago and was on court this morning at seven o'clock. So she got some practice in before coming to see me. It's good to have her here."

Old Nov 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #3936
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Back in Love?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pionships.html

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #3937
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bt.dk/tennis/se-billedern...-efter-bruddet

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #3938
country flag Robert77

Robert77 has disabled reputation

Interesting interview with Piotr Woźniacki for Polish sport newspaper "Przegląd Sportowy".
Google translation seems good, but not perfect .
http://tenis.przegladsportowy.pl/Ten...053,1,289.html
Robert77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3939
country flag CWTennis

Caroline Wozniacki confirms intent to play Brisbane International tennis tournament
http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/...-1226763310728

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:38 AM   #3940
country flag CWTennis

still relevant, at least in Canada, thank you DIAH

Yahoo Canada's Year in Review 2013: Top 10 Sports Personalities of the Year
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/photos/year...666-slideshow/
8. Caroline Wozniacki
Wozniacki, the former world No. 1, did not have a great season on the court. She made more headlines through her relationship with golfer Rory McIlroy.

The full top 10:
1.Maria Sharapova
2. Lindsey Vonn and Tiger Woods
3. Serena Williams
4. Roberto Luongo
5. Aaron Hernandez
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Tim Tebow
8. Caroline Wozniacki
9. Kevin Ware
10. Ray Lewis

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #3941
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Here is another interview with Thomas Hoegstedt brought a few hours ago in the Danish paper Ekstrabladet:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2165924.ece

Here in a google translated version:

Caroline's new coach blows to attack

- She has to beat harder and heavier , announces Wozniacki new coach who will put her to play with the grand slam titles

They have put the first piece of hard training work outdoors in Dubai and indoors in Copenhagen before very shortly boosts the last pre-season preparations under the Florida sun .

- So far it has gone really well. We are very motivated to work together , says Caroline Wozniacki's new coach , Thomas Högstedt to Ekstra Bladet.

It did new offensive tendencies in her game in the last tournaments, and although one can hardly expect to see her in a play in terms of completely transformed version when she at New Year hits his first tournament ball in Australian Brisbane , she will soon be a more aggressive challenger , announces the experienced Swede.

He answers the question of the primary development in Caroline's game this way:

- To beat harder and heavier and get more speed in the field, he says, and keep as little on the next card , he will play out.

- And then she must show technical things that we already work with , and we constantly work with in the future.

Already, he describes his student's play -related forces completely cash:

- It's her defensive play , her physique and her ground strokes .

Thomas Högstedt -recently tuned Maria Sharapova and before her Chinese Li Na, works extremely confident when it comes to the important daily base that all change , of course, must jump off .

- Caroline 's great to work with. She is always positive , curious and eager to develop, and she is ready to work extremely hard.

- Is it realistic to dream of a Danish grand slam already in 2014?

- My goal is the same as with my former players : To make their game so well that they have a chance to win the grand slam tournaments, similar Högstedt , knowing how many things have to come together in a unit before one of the four major trophies in the house .

The 50 -year-old coach has for years been a close tennisven family Wozniacki but worked with other female star players has also taught him the wisdom of keeping a certain distance outside the chalk outline .

- How much should I be together, do you think? Only on the training pitch , or do you go by also developing a good, social relation ?

- We work together on the field during the physical training. Then Caroline his private life off the field. We eat together in between , but it is important that Caroline has its own life without my interference.

- How long has it been a desire for you to train Caroline ?

- I have worked with very good players and when I worked with Maria ( Sharapova , ed.) , I focused 100 percent on it. It was wonderful to work with a champion like Maria , and I can only say positive things about our relationship . I hope the same will be the case with Caroline , but it was not something I thought about while I was with Maria forward to our collaboration ended after Wimbledon.

- How early so you her potential?

- I trained with Caroline for the first time when she was 13-14 years old, and we trained again in the summer of 2010 , before she got her big upturn , so we know each other very well .

- How do you see her as a person ?

- She 's very positive , fun to be with and with a twinkle in his eye. She is very professional both on and off the field . Caroline is a very smart girl .

- What role do you see any of her father, Piotr Wozniacki in ?

- I have great confidence Piotr and know that he will always be the one that Caroline most listened to . His findings with Caroline speaks for itself . I am convinced that we will have a great partnership .

- It has earlier this year been suggestions that you did not want to travel so much more. Has the situation changed? And if so, how?

- We have not yet determined how much I travel , corresponds Thomas Högstedt that all very soon come to Caroline Wozniacki in Florida.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #3942
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that Caro found an enthusiastic coach to work with. He sounds more down-to-earth than Ricardo Sanchez and has better credentials. I hope it'll work this time. It will be weird not to see Piotr around,I have to say I'm surprised that he finally was the one who would decide to go. Looking forward to Brisbane event, hopefully Caro will be a contender there. She needs some good wins/trophies to get back her self-confidence.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #3943
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Here is another interview with Thomas Hoegstedt brought a few hours ago in the Danish paper Ekstrablade

- We have not yet determined how much I travel , corresponds Thomas Högstedt that all very soon come to Caroline Wozniacki in Florida.
So he might not be traveling with Caro that much.
It will be something new this year.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3944
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsgazette.co.uk/section.php?aid=991&sid=16

Why “pushers” are good for WTA?

How many times have we heard tennis experts complaining about overly defensive players getting to the top of the world rankings?

Solidity takes you to the top, but will not make you win slams. Or so they say.

But is this really a bad thing for women’s tennis?

Jelena Jankovic and Caroline Wozniacki have been world number ones for 85 weeks combined, Agnieska Radwanska has reached a slam final and peaked at world number two, Sara Errani has been a solid top 10 player with a slam final in Paris.

Nonetheless, the media seems to crucify them and describe them as being one of the worst plagues in the history of tennis, but they are very wrong, and this is why:

Let us take the Pole as an example.

The older of the Radwanska sisters constantly receives a great amount of criticism by the press and yet she has won the Fans' Favourite award held by the WTA for three consecutive seasons.

The 2012 Wimbledon finalist does not have the power to out-hit her physically stronger opponents, but her smart reading of the game and the variety of shots in her game-plan, often set her in a position of advantage against the one-dimensional ball strikers.

Probably the hottest potato is Caroline Wozniacki though.

The Dane has reigned on the top of the rankings for 67 weeks, finishing the season as world number one for two consecutive years. Amazing stats, but she has never won a slam title.

(Continues on Sports Gazette)

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #3945
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future

Hottest potato?
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote