Articles and Interviews - Page 262 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3916
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Finally! How about a little game then! Guess who will be Caro's new coach?
Jimmy Connors!

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3917
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

a dane said yesterday it Thomas... I dunno what source he has...

my guess anybody but Thomas H. as it was relived too early in danish media...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3918
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

In Russian interview Piotr said it's someone who knows Caro for many years, so it should be either Groenefeld or Hogstedt, can't think of anyone else! But Hogstedt right know is in South Africa coaching some kids so I dunno! Here's a pic, taken today!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #3919
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Finally! How about a little game then! Guess who will be Caro's new coach?

My guess: Thomas Hogstedt!
Damir Dokic or Yuri Sharapova

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #3920
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Probably Sven or Thomas, because she wants someone she already worked with.
This is an important first step, to have a full time coach. For most players, this is a big deal. Sharapova, Li, Serena. Its a big part of the team.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 05:22 AM   #3921
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I guessed right! It's Thomas Högstedt!

Caroline: Here is my new coach
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2136101.ece

Quote:
- I am very pleased to work hard together with Thomas Högstedt, says Caroline Wozniacki and dreaming of his first grand slam
- I would love to train Caroline. I'm just waiting for the call.

So said a smiling Thomas Högstedt to Ekstra Bladet in January 2010, when he was coach of Li Na had helped to expedite Wozniacki out of the Australian Open.

Now the experienced Swede's dream come true. The parties have signed a contract for the whole of 2014 begins shortly season preparations in Dubai.

A work that they both look forward to.

- I am excited to start training with Thomas, says Caroline Wozniacki.

- I am ready to develop my game and to work harder than ever before. And I know that when I delivered the job, so I will also be a player who can win a grand slam.

Obviously it is a goal that also Högstedt see flashing at the top of its internal scoreboard. A seen as a heretic corner that last year he even saw as coach of superstar Maria Sharapova.

-I very much look forward to my new challenge as coach of Caroline and to improve her game. Together we will try to reach a level where she can win a grand slam, says Thomas Högstedt, who for many years has been a very close and very helpful tennis acquaintance of the family Wozniacki.

The Dane had last year big trouble finding ground with only Ricardo Sanchez and since Thomas Johansson as coaches. This time she goes to the net with a completely different attitude:

-Thomas is very professional and positive - both on and off the field. He is tough and pushes one to the extreme. He has done a good job with both Li Na and Sharapova.

- It will be healthy for both Caroline and Piotr, believes her American manager John Tobias, while Wozniacki assures that he will not interfere in anything that has to do with tennis.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3922
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
I guessed right! It's Thomas Högstedt!

Caroline: Here is my new coach
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2136101.ece

Yes - my dream came through - well I'm happy on her behalf
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 08:46 AM   #3923
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy Murray will be well p1ssed. Oh ... and Laura "everybody wants to work with" Robson ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM   #3924
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
So it is Thomas Hodgested

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #3925
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Rio 1916 OL likely her last Olympic Games:

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor...1112074442.htm

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3926
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Caro says it means she may has to play in Fed Cup, even Danmark plays in Euro/African Zone III...

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #3927
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

See here the whole interview in danish mag Idrætsliv from page 14.

http://issuu.com/torbenlollike/docs/..._5_-_2013_1-60

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #3928
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Caro says it means she may has to play in Fed Cup, even Danmark plays in Euro/African Zone III...
Unless she dramatically improves on clay I wouldn't bother if was Caroline because clay is probably the surface on which the olympic tournament will take place. It doesn't make much sense to me to schedule your season in a way that you have to play complete nobodies just to be able to play in an event where you probably won't get past the first or second round. I know that it's the olympics and that she would love to be part of the experience and all that, but still...

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #3929
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Unless she dramatically improves on clay I wouldn't bother if was Caroline because clay is probably the surface on which the olympic tournament will take place. It doesn't make much sense to me to schedule your season in a way that you have to play complete nobodies just to be able to play in an event where you probably won't get past the first or second round. I know that it's the olympics and that she would love to be part of the experience and all that, but still...
Caro should play mixed at majors, see if there's a chance they become a decent team.
Why not stay Olympic eligible? Those are pretty meaningful medals to nontennis fans, which is most sports fans
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #3930
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

She said she will play FC if the rules say so... But possible in 2015 and 2016, we can hope the other danish girls atleast can be back in Zone II in 2015.