Articles and Interviews - Page 261 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #3901
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

^ why is the new ranking points system increase

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #3902
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ why is the new ranking points system increase
Trey, see here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....73&postcount=1
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #3903
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

Wozniacki set to name new coach; Hogstedt rumored

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...w-coach/49571/
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #3904
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
Wozniacki set to name new coach; Hogstedt rumored

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...w-coach/49571/
Murray's mum says 'no'

Sven G. has also left APDP. If it's a pure coincidence timing wise, we'll see.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #3905
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Murray's mum says 'no'

Sven G. has also left APDP. If it's a pure coincidence timing wise, we'll see.
Caro has worked a lot with Groeneveld already, so I think there's very little new/more that Caro can get from him.

I'd rather see Caro work with someone like Hogstedt who could potentially add something new/more to Caro's game.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #3906
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Mortensen expects that the name of Caroline Wozniacki's new coach will be known next week! And he says it is not him!
http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor...1029114122.htm

Quote:
Michael Mortensen expect that there will name Caroline Wozniacki's new coach next week.
It is now some months ago that rumors that the Swede Thomas Högstedt would be Caroline Wozniacki's new coach, came forward. Tennis star's father, Piotr, stopping as coach after this season.
The former verdensetters season is over, but there is still not arrived name Wozniacki's next coach.
He is found, confirming the Danish top manager Michael Mortensen, who in 2011 led Chinaman Li Na to triumph at grand slam tournament French Open.
- I know who it is, but it would be tacky of me to say it, before Wozniacki family have done it.
- I reckon that Piotr and Caroline join something during the next week at least, said Michael Mortensen.
Tv2.dk wrote back in July that Högstedt were in place as Wozniacki's coach after the Swede's cooperation with the Russian star Maria Sharapova was stopped.
The Swede was supposedly already started to prepare cooperation, and he was among other things, prepare Wozniacki for the year's last Grand Slam tournament, the U.S. Open.
If it fits, is unknown. Neither party has stated that they were on was towards cooperation and Högstedt has also not been seen with Wozniacki in public.
On the question of whether Wozniacki and the new coach has had anything to do with each of the training this year, corresponding Michael Mortensen:
- I can not imagine that they have.
Earlier this month at the China Open in Beijing, Michael Mortensen also even spotted in Wozniacki's player box during one of Dane's matches. But he is not the new coach.
- I have a good relationship with Wozniacki family, but it is not me who is the new coach. So much I can tell, says Michael Mortensen, who agrees that if the new coach was a Dane, it had probably been him.
Last week, Wozniacki first reserve at tennis women end to the season in Istanbul, where the Dane did not come in battle.
Now she holds probably had a month's holiday and break from the sport before she begins preparations for the 2014 season with his new trainer.
- Typically, there are three weeks where players take time off and doing some other things that are not on the track.
- From mid-November start exercising slowly again, where you hold meetings and plan next season broadly, said Michael Mortensen.
Earlier this month, won Wozniacki its 21 WTA career title when she triumphed at the Luxembourg Open. It turned out to be the year's only tournament victory for the world number 10

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3907
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr Wozniacki gave an exclusive interview to the special correspondent of russian site "Chempionat.com" in Istanbul
http://www.championat.com/tennis/art...o-tennise.html
Quote:
Mentor and father Piotr Wozniacki, Caroline spoke about her new coach, about the last season, as well as tactical changes in the Carolina game.

Piotr Wozniacki , the father and trainer of many years of Caroline Wozniacki , gave an exclusive interview to the special correspondent "Chempionat.com" in Istanbul, where he spoke about the last season of her daughter, why Carolina has not played in Moscow and refused to go to Sofia for Tournament champions, about her new coach, and much more.

Peter Carolina for a year to get bumpy. But she still retained a place in the top 10. How can you evaluate the season as a whole?
- Yes, I agree with you. Beginning of the year was acceptable, and then something went wrong. We learned that the racket, which played Carolina, did not suit her. We have done tests, manufacturers have tried to help, but specifically did not fit her racket. The following year, in her hands will be all you need. And it prompted us Chesnokov, twice. He said that watching Caroline and she is not in the psychology of the problem, and something needs to be done with the racket. I listened to him. He first suggested it to me. He himself was a very good player. After the "Roland Garros" we changed the racket. It did not happen immediately add, because Carolina was injured at Wimbledon. She recovered almost a month. At the end of the year and started playing shows that he knows where she belongs and what she wants. In Asia, has played at a high level and won the last tournament in Luxembourg. Next year there will be such Carolina, as we know it.

- After the victory in Luxembourg Carolina selected to the Tournament of champions in Sofia, but you did not accept the invitation. Why did you do?
- because a lot of stress, a lot of things this year. We want to start training as soon as possible. Carolina will have only two weeks of vacation. Here in Istanbul, she was sitting spare in Sofia she had to play. It turns out that would have remained only a week to rest, but it is nonsense. Last year we did it. She played Sophia, then rested a couple of weeks - and did not have time to complete training. Then there was a small injury, a little injury here ... It is better that she could just relax and calmly prepare for the new season. Just step by step, and not what was left 25 days, and now it will be hard at work. You do watch women's tennis, so you know that every year more and play a stronger and more powerful. To keep up this level, it is necessary to have time to prepare. See how now playing Serena. She was well prepared, it is very strong. And not only this. Last year, Vic [Azarenka] very added. You have to be well prepared to be at the top of the rankings.

- Why this year you chose to travel to Luxembourg, and not defend his title in Moscow?
- We wanted to play in Moscow, but the top 10 tennis players can only play one tournament for the International half of the season. We thought we would play in this category just Luxembourg. And the answer should be given in advance - for example, this year I must say WTA, what are you going to play next year. That is, you can go to Moscow and play there is not very good, because Moscow is always very strong tournament. Girls from Russia and speak always want to show good tennis at home. But we thought that it will play in Istanbul this year, wanted it got there. Last year we agreed with the tournament in Luxembourg, which we will come. Because a small tournament, excellent training, preparation for Istanbul will be good. The result was a story with Angelique Kerber when she was at the last moment in Linz. I then suggested we then let's change the Luxembourg to Moscow, will ask a special invitation to the Kremlin Cup. I think that the director would have given us a special invitation.

There just were two unused invitations to the top 20 players ...
- We wanted to use it. But we were told that you can not do by the rules. In the end, we played in Luxembourg, and Carolina won the title. She said to me: "Dad, we did as agreed, because it is an honest sport. Should behave like a gentleman."

So in general what is your opinion about the stories with Kerber and Linz?
- I do not want a lot of it speak. Because each player tries to do everything to get to the championship final WTA. But for me, it was not clear how it can be done, because the rules the same for everyone. But to be honest, I did not know the rules of this paragraph. And, most of all, 99% of tennis players also were not aware of.

This season, the average Carolina became increasingly go out to the grid. Are you working on this on purpose?
- We are working on it, but I think it just makes a lot of players. If you look today at the ball, rackets and courts - they are all not quick. It's all done by people, so that the audience could see the drawings by 50-60 strokes. At Carolina, for example, in Beijing with Errani was a hoax of 50 strokes. They're, like, beat mighty well, but still the ball did not go there as fast as before at Wimbledon. Its outputs to the net - it's an experience. She now sees more as a player. Do not forget that she played her first adult tournament in 15 years, and now she's 23. That is, it is the tour for eight years. If you look at other experienced players, you will see that they are trying to do so that there was 50 hits. But in general, it should play a more active, and it is not connected to the outputs to the grid. It should read, where there will be a ball, and go for it, to be inside the court. And go to the net only for the situation to finish off. This is very important on this topic I have talked to many coaches. Li Na, such as plays, thinking during matches. [Carlos] Rodriguez she probably said, "The most important thing that you want to play in court." Just play and Serena. The point is not to give her opponent enough time to prepare for the next shock - this is the most important.
It is necessary to look at the statistics, but I think that Carolina is increasingly playing close to the back of the line or in court. Previously, she served there blow - another, and then give it back. I think this is a question for the next season - but keep in court is very important.

In May was the information that you're looking for a new coach. What is the situation in this regard?
- The situation is such that Istanbul - my last tournament with Carolina. Who will be its next coach, I do not want to talk. I'll say it next week. -

But you already have an agreement?
- Yes, there is, it's all right. Now I'll just dad. My mission - to leave and let the tennis Carolina and her trainer to work with. Because if I, too, will sit, then he know there will come some thoughts in my head - why then, why is it ... you know, if you change something, then change it. I think Carolina is ready for this, too. I thought about it for the past two years. With us a little worked Ricardo Sanchez, for example. But how shall I say ... They are good people, nice human being. But specifically for the Carolina game, he did not come - and he apologized and said he did not fit. That's why we broke up. And now it will be someone who has experience, who knows Carolina for many years and who is now free. As soon as he was released, he and I agreed, he agreed to work, said he wanted to do it. He thinks that Caroline is still a great potential, there are opportunities to achieve what he wanted to. I hope to God that everything worked out. And I will follow my father.

You will be more at home to watch her ​​play?
- I think more out of the house, yes. I certainly would not want to sit with them at the training camp, when they will be ready for the new season, and would not want to fly to Australia. Better that they think and how to recognize each other, lapped. Caroline herself says that maybe it would be better at first I was involved - because I worked with her ​​seven years, and until now, has been training at all, at all events. But, if figuratively compared with the technology - there is a new iPhone and the old one is in the past. I have a vision, understanding, and I can not take any player, suggest something, drive up to the academy, talk to your parents. Such a desire in me still. But not the way to run continuously. Not for money, just like that. The experience is something I have, be that as it may. But energy trying to continue to coach Carolina, I have today there is less and less. She has a boyfriend, I still have a son who also wants to live a normal life, and can not be broken off. Therefore, I would like to say to all the fathers and mothers who are on tour with their children: there comes a time when you have to go away from that. But before you find someone who is willing to do some serious work on the court. Not some sort of James Bond or Belmondo and not someone who will talk a lot and do not do their job. The most important thing - to find someone who wants to work. I think we have found such a person. We'll see.

You've already decided, which will host pre-season training?
- Yes, I think we'll start ... I say we start. They will start in Dubai, where the weather is always normal. Then, most likely, they will travel to engage in OPT in Denmark with a trainer of boxers. Carolina to Luxembourg was there for three days and said, "Dad, this is for me simply as" Rocky Balboa. "There's such an old building, the ring, the atmosphere ... And she says that it can work very seriously. Want to spend 10 days there, and then to California and Florida.

How do you feel about the outputs of coaches during matches? Do you think that the main thing in this moment to support the ward or you can still make some adjustments and suggest something tactically?
- From the point of view tactics of coach outlet is important. It is very hard to talk about it, because I'm not the coach, but dad Carolina. I can for these fifteen minutes just tell a lot about the technical component, but we have it more psychological contact. Out of the 50 Words can be important only one, but she would hear him. Just my opinion about what and how Caroline should do, she already knows - we had spend a lot of time. When she was younger, we all were together almost not 24 hours a day, we lived in one room. Now she is older and lives by herself. difficult for me to separate the functions of the father and coach, but on the whole I think it's a great idea. Indeed, in many sports coach influences his players - in football, boxing. This also applies to some technical issues, and psychology. Some words can cheer up, cheer up. And it's better for the viewers, because, ultimately, coach outlet is designed to improve the quality of tennis - a mentor can give good advice, and from a higher level of tennis fans will benefit. I think that this practice should be continued. I do not like just what the coaches come to court with microphones.

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 29th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3908
country flag KatChr

KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all KatChr is a name known to all

From above text I would assume that it was Groenefeld...
KatChr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3909
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatChr View Post
From above text I would assume that it was Groenefeld...
Could be, I think it's either Groenefeld or Hogstedt! I hope it's the latter!

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #3910
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Groenefeld not going work with the adidas program team nomore ?

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3911
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Groenefeld not going work with the adidas program team nomore ?
I still say lets wait until there's an official announcement. A hundred GM threads about this and still has not happened
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #3912
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

It's been a week. Why is it there is still no PRESS RELEASE!!! Sigh...........
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3913
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

News should be out at a time during this week...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3914
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Word off court is that Caroline Wozniacki's new coach will be revealed tomorrow.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #3915
country flag CWTennis

Finally! How about a little game then! Guess who will be Caro's new coach?

My guess: Thomas Hogstedt!