Articles and Interviews - Page 260 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #3886
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Yes this is the best news all season with her winning an title also I would love too see what racquet she goin be using next season if it an Babolat like we all think which babolat would ya like her too use, The new one Tsonga using, the Babolat Pure Drive Lite, Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus, or Babolat Pure Drive

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #3887
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

NeilHarmanTimes
In @thetimes on Friday, a revealing interview with @CaroWozniacki who sets a few records straight.

‘I know that I am a great player’, says Caroline Wozniacki
Quote:
She had been throwing up all morning, so finding Caroline Wozniacki so upbeat was a credit to the strength of character she has shown since she was first interviewed by the Danish press as a nine-year-old with a racket and a multitude of dreams.
As first alternate for the year-ending TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships, the rules state that she has to show up for every match just in case someone goes lame, and that has played with her good humour, too.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3903759.ece
I want to read it but don't have a subscribtion to The Times, ugh

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #3888
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ do u know anyone who do

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #3889
country flag kestrel01

kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold

^^ Same article (?) here:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...1226746883622#
kestrel01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #3890
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel01 View Post
Yes!
Do you have a subscription? If yes, could you please post the full article!

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #3891
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its in an australian paper

Caroline Wozniacki is happy in herself despite facing pressure on and off court, writes Neil Harman

SHE had been throwing up all morning, so finding Caroline Wozniacki so upbeat was a credit to the strength of character she has shown since she was first interviewed by the Danish press as a nine-year-old with a racket and a multitude of dreams.

As first alternate for the year-ending TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships, the rules state that she has to show up for every match just in case someone goes lame, and that has played with her good humour, too.

For the 23-year-old, 2013 has been a year of one title, last week's Luxembourg Open, and several bumps on the road, the latest being more unsubstantiated rumours about her relationship with Rory McIlroy, which is as strong as it ever was.

Whatever frustrations she may feel - "This time I was more upset than he was," she said - Wozniacki masks with the single-minded desire to improve her standing in tennis, which ends, for a fifth year in succession, inside the top ten on the WTA Tour.

To that end, an announcement is expected soon on the appointment of a new coach to steer her career forward as Piotr, her father and constant devoted presence, takes more of a back seat.

"Dad will travel whenever I want him to be there, but he wants to back out slowly, he's got a little tired," she says. "He's done so much for me. And it is important that we bring in someone who doesn't want to change my game or me, because that's always there. The base of my game will always be the same because I've played like this for-ever and it's worked for me. You need to add to the base and keep building on it."

Next year will be Wozniacki's ninth on tour and, for 49 weeks from late 2010, she was the No 1 player in the world, even though a grand-slam tournament title did, and still does, elude her. "It's important to remember why you played tennis in the first place because so many other things happen," she says. "As soon as I don't have the love for the game is when I'll stop, because it won't make sense to me any more. I don't know for how long, but for now I want to keep going.

"I finished No1 two years in a row and I've been in the top ten five years in a row, and even if I've not had the best year, to finish where I have is a great accomplishment. I know what people have said about me, but I don't take any notice. I took a picture of a note in the locker room in Tokyo last month, which said, 'You can't let criticism or praise get to you, it's a weakness to get caught up in either one of them.' It's so true. I know what I'm doing and that is most important to me."

When I interviewed Wozniacki and McIlroy in Eastbourne in June, it was clear that she was the alpha personality. "I take things on straightaway," she adds. "I'm not a say-er, I'm a do-er, and I can get a crazy thought in my head and sometimes I'll do it anyway.

"I would rather do something. I would feel much worse regretting something I didn't do than something I did. If I need to do something with my game or something that needs sorting, why push it away? Small things become big things all of a sudden. I'm so excited about next year, I feel I have a lot more experience as a person and player and I know I'm at ease. I know I'm a great player and there will be tough parts of the season, but if you work hard it will pay off.

"I feel I can beat anyone if I play my game well. This off season will be very important. I shall work hard on some technical things and going into next year, I will be ready."

Her ease comes from knowing that, whatever anyone else may say or write, her personal relationships are strong and resilient. When the last tranche of articles suggesting that she and McIlroy had split were published in Ireland two weeks ago, her Twitter account went barmy. "I change my profile picture once and that makes a story, then I change it again and that makes a story too," she says.

"They say that having a picture of Rory and me together means that I'm clinging on to him. Don't people feel embarrassed to write these things?

"As a professional athlete, I know how to separate everything. When I'm on the court, that's what I think of, nothing else. That is my focus, my passion, my job and my career and nothing else matters at that point.

"I just wish people would leave us alone and we have decided that everything from now on stays between Rory and I and it is private, because people make stories either way, if we give a comment or not. We know we're together and nothing is wrong, that's the most important thing."

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor....uRIVWRby.dpuf
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #3892
country flag CWTennis

^^Thanks a lot!
Great interview!

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 25th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #3893
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU!!! Caro!!!

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3894
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

BOMBSHELL!!!!

Tennis - Piotr Wozniacki to reveal new coach for Caroline Woznaicki next week

Tennis - Piotr Wozniacki, the father of former world no. 1 Caroline Wozniacki, says that he will no longer be coaching his daughter and will make an announcement regarding her new coach next week.

Speaking to Championat.com, Woznaicki's father commented, "The situation is such that it is my last tournament with Carolina. Who will be its next coach, I do not want to talk. I will tell it's next week. We have an agreement. now I'll just dad. My mission - to leave and let the tennis Carolina and her trainer to work."

Piotr has been working with Caroline since her childhood although she did briefly try working with some outside coaches last year. Those did nto work out as Piotr seemed to have too much of an influence on his daughter.

Wozniacki droppedhttp://www.tennisworldusa.org/Tennis---Piotr-Wozniacki-to-reveal-new-coach-for-Caroline-Woznaicki-next-week-articolo14108.html briefly out of the top 10 earlier this year and won her only title of the season last week in Luxembourg.
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3895
country flag CWTennis

P. Wozniacki: Chesnokov suggested that Caroline needs to change the racket
http://www.championat.com/tennis/new...t-raketku.html
Quote:
Father and coach of former World No. 1, the Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, Piotr Wozniacki said that the French Open 1989 semi-finalist Andrei Chesnokov advised his daughter to change the racket and he decided to take this hint. In the WTA rankings 23-year-old native of Odense is at 10 th place. "We learned that the racket, Carolina was playing, did not suit her. We were doing tests, manufacturers have tried to help, but the racket was not particularly suited. Next year in her hands will be all she needs. And it was Chesnokov who suggested that to us, ans he did it twice. He said that he was watching Caroline and her problem is not in psychology, but something needs to be done with the racket. I listened to him. He was first who suggested it to me. He himself was a very good player. After the "Roland Garros" we changed the racket. It did not happen immediately, because Carolina got injured at Wimbledon. She recovered almost a month. At the end of the year she started playing well and showed that she knows where she belongs and what she wants. She played at a high level in Asia and won the last tournament, in Luxembourg. Next year we'll see Caroline that we all know"- said Wozniacki in an exclusive interview with a special correspondent for "Chempionat.com" Dmitry Shakhov.

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 25th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3896
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
BOMBSHELL!!!!
not really I posted it yesterday!

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #3897
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
not really I posted it yesterday!
LOL. I'M EMBARASSED. Just got excited CWTennis
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #3898
country flag CWTennis

Wozniacki set to name new coach; Hogstedt rumored
Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki will name a new coach next week, her father and current coach Piotr Wozniacki confirmed.

“The situation is such that it is my last tournament with Carolina," Piotr told Championat.com during the WTA Championships, where his daughter is an alternate. “Who will be its next coach, I do not want to talk. I will tell it's next week. We have an agreement. Now I'll just be dad. My mission—to leave and let the tennis Carolina and her trainer to work."

Former No. 1 Wozniacki is currently ranked No 10 and failed to qualify for the WTA Championships for the second year in a row. Some Danish outlets have speculated that Maria Sharapova’s former coach Thomas Hogstedt, who is a friend of Piotr, will take over as Wozniacki's new coach.
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UmqydnB7LEJ

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #3899
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The good part of this is that each year starts on hardcourt so we will know immediately what her level of play and focus is as soon as the year starts.
Aga & Vika know they have to be ready. They won titles in January
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #3900
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Aga & Vika know they have to be ready. They won titles in January
And with the new ranking point system, those who have points to defend early in the season have more to lose if they can't defend their titles.