Articles and Interviews - Page 259 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM   #3871
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Her serve being a bigger problem than her forehand? Her second serve, sure, but surely not her first serve..

I actually think her serve shouldn't be her main priority. She should work on the rest of her game instead - her approach shots, her volleys, and her forehand in general (whether it be technique and/or timing). She tends to shift her body weight at the wrong time when she tries to redirect the ball with her forehand.

Considering the serves of the rest of the top ten, her serve isn't bad. Errani, Kerber, and Azarenka are fine even with their weak serves. That's because they have such solid groundstrokes that it doesn't matter as much.
Kerber and Errani are fine? Caroline was #1 seed at 6 straight majors with her old game. She ws already in the alltime top 10 in weeks at #1 when she was 21 years old.
I'm comparing Caroline to the best players who never won a major, and their problem was a weak serve. A couple of holds and all or them could have won a major or 2.

In the GM thread, is Sveta under or over achiever, I was giving my opinion, that Dementieva was just a good a player as Sveta, and more consistent. But she couldnt close out some big sets. Sveta's 2 slam wins came against really good players who had bad serving days, Dinara and Lena. Still remember both finals very well.

Now Caro has to improve to get to where Errani and Kerber are at, but that still doesnt make her, or them, a slam or YEC favorite. But now Caro is a long, longshot to win any of those
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM   #3872
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Caroline's serve is about average. It's not great, but it's not awful either. That is, her first serve is decent while her second serve is poor. But she often makes a large percentage of first serves. She has improved her serve a bit, but it will never be a major weapon. I don't think there's anything wrong with her service motion. She just doesn't have the upper body strenght of a Serena, Kvitova or Stosur. She can't accelerate through the ball on her groundstrokes to the same degree as many other girls can either. And I don't want her to tinker too much with that service action because that could be very dangerous indeed. She can improve her serve marginally, and she is working on that. But I think it's impossible to improve it dramatically. As Boris Becker once said, "you can work on your forehand, your backhand, your volleys, your movement, your stamina. But if you have a poor serve you will have a poor serve for your entire career."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM   #3873
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When Caro was 18 she was in the Madrid final. At 19, US Open final. At 20 she was in YEC final, one point from AO final, won IW.
Her career arc was fine. She needed to hold serve a few more times in the future.
But she blew up her game and the last 2 and a half years she is a weaker player than Errani.

So just fixing her serve now isnt enough. Her whole game is inconsistent now, and judging by the Giorgi match, her whole game is extremely fragile now and can fall apart anytime. She almost never had a match like that on hardcourt at 19, 20 years old, with her steady style of game.

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #3874
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with everything Chrissie-fan has posted the last two days here. This is all about adding to her game. It's NOT about neglecting that her game is based around a solid reliable baseline game and always will be.

I think the period after IW 2011 and in to 2012 was a time of confusion as to what strategy to adopt. It seemed to flip-flop all the time. I was certainly confused. And I do believe that confusion contributed to what happened to Caro and she lost her consistency. Right now - I am quite clear what her strategy is and overall intention is. There is no doubt from her and her team about the way she wants to play. I think it would be an absolute disaster and can think of nothing worse than for her to flip-flop again and abandon the way she's been playing and wants to play.

Also - this argument about Luxembourg is meaningless and means nothing. It's almost as if to get ready and say the way she's been playing is not the way and is proved as such if she loses at the next tournaments with better players. This is muddling two different things. The way a player's performnce is and should be judged is by the results they get and I for one won't be convinced she has improved until there is a sustained period of her always going deep and improving her W:L record. But that is completely different to saying Luxembourg didn't mean anything because:
  1. It was a win and a title even though an International And she did string together five consecutive wins. That in itself is something to celebrate since she's not shown any evidence this year of being able to do that whoever the players she's had to face. It was a good day, a good week, and it also gets her into the situation of winning.
  2. It allows us to see the way she's trying. It allows her to gain experience and improve in those areas. And in any case - one good result in a bigger tournament with better players doesn't really mean anything on the lines that she's back if it's a one-off and not sustained.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:56 AM   #3875
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post

I think the period after IW 2011 and in to 2012 was a time of confusion as to what strategy to adopt. ....[/list]
I would say from the loss to Cibulkova at 2011 Wimbledon until now, confusion is a good word.
Her january 2013 was awful. 3 hardcourt tournaments, 4 match wins. Pretty much defining the upcoming year. Clay season, even worse than awful. Forget grass, she's always confused on grass, she served for the match against Hampton and lost. terrible US Open.
I'd say heading into 2014, confusion reigns supreme.
We'll see in January 2014 if there is some sign of forward movement. And boy, does she need a nonconfusing offseason.

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #3876
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr Wozniacki: the name of the new coach of Caroline I will say next week
http://www.championat.com/tennis/new...ej-nedele.html
Quote:
Father and coach of Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki - Peter Wozniacki - admitted that next week his daughter will have a new coach. "The situation is that it was my last tournament with Carolina. Who will be her next coach, I do not want to talk. I will tell next week. We have an agreement. From now I will be just dad. My mission - to leave tennis and let Carolina and her coach to work together, "- said Piotr Wozniacki in an exclusive interview with a special correspondent for" Chempionat.com" Dmitry Shakhov.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 24th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3877
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

She will take him back more quick. Just now she was better than ever.

oh my god

She is my baby, she is my life! Will allways love her and protect her!! But only in daddies way.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #3878
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Piotr Wozniacki: the name of the new coach of Caroline I will say next week
http://www.championat.com/tennis/new...ej-nedele.html

I so Happy she need this so badly I hoping he/she a great coach

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3879
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Just now she did so well!! Please, daddy, stay!!!

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3880
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya0 View Post
Just now she did so well!! Please, daddy, stay!!!
What?
Let her try a coach. Now I understand skipping Sofia. If she's bringing in a coach, an extra week matters before 2014

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #3881
country flag Saraya!

WHAT???? Really somebody here think a new coach will stay???? PIOTR please stay!!!

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #3882
country flag Saraya!

She Need To Leave Rory!!!! Only That Is The Point!!!

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #3883
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious who will be a new coach

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3884
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

best news of the season

In Luxemburg her style was clearly trying to move towards something new and she won...we shall see after the winter

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3885
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I'm curious who will be a new coach
May be mama now