Articles and Interviews - Page 257 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3841
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

The woman behind Wozniacki story to BT: She IS single!
http://www.bt.dk/tennis/kvinden-bag-...medium=twitter
Quote:
Are Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy still lovers?

The question where Wozniacki answer 'yes' and where McIlroy says 'no comment', recent days flourished extensively in the world's media, because the Irish Sunday Independent newspaper recently claimed through what they refer to as a source close to the couple, the answer is 'no'.
BT.dk have on the phone caught the Irish journalist who wrote the story of sports stars fracture. And she maintains it.

- It is 100 percent correct, says Niamh Horan.

She does not want to reveal the name of the source that conveyed her story.

- Of course I do not. Like all journalists I protect the people who tell me interesting things, she says.
Niamh Horan noticed that Caroline Wozniacki has denied the story. And it amazes her.

- I can not comment on the cause of the Danish tennis player's comment. Perhaps it is because she has a hard time recognizing that McIlroy has broken with her, says Niamh Horan, who has also read ESPN reporter Bob Harigs recent history that Rory McIlroy did not want to comment on his private life.

- McIlroy is largely silent on the subject of the article ("My private life is private, and so I want it to be that way", ed.) That you could also continue to analyze says Niamh Horan and suggests hereby given that the Northern Ireland golfer silence can be seen as a confirmation of her story.

- I do not think that McIlroy comment on the relationship with Wozniacki preliminary. He knows that Dane is sad breakup and do not want to hurt her further, says Niamh Horan, who also surprised that Caroline Wozniacki to Ekstra Bladet has said that she is annoyed that her privacy has everyone's interest and that it will be commented on.
- Maybe Wozniacki future not to write on her Twitter that she example, going to a concert or a guest in 'Dancing with the Stars'. She brings the even wood for the fire with all his private correspondence, says Niamh Horan.

Currently are Rory McIlroy in Asia, where he participates in a number of tournaments and promotional events.

- I do not think he advocates closer the relationship with Caroline Wozniacki, before going back to Europe. , Says Niamh Horan.

While Caroline Wozniacki on her Twitter profile still has a picture of her and Rory McIlroy lying, presented the Northern Ireland golfer with a picture of himself in the company of an unknown child.

One of the reasons for the split between Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy are required by the Sunday Independent be that nordireren was angry about the image Dane put on Twitter of him sleeping and half drooling with open mouth.

- Rory still have respect left for Caroline and their time together was good. But he feels that the time has come for a break, citing Niamh Horan its source in the Sunday Independent as saying.

When asked directly whether Rory McIlroy should have been with her childhood sweetheart Holly Sweeney is Niamh Horans answer is in the negative.

- I can not imagine she says of the woman who in his spare time is a colorful cheerleader for Ulster Rugby Club.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3842
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

That's sad for Caroline if it's true. We always talk in terms of what we think is best for her career, but surely we all want her to be happy in her private life as well. Caro
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3843
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That's sad for Caroline if it's true. We always talk in terms of what we think is best for her career, but surely we all want her to be happy in her private life as well. Caro
I think they are still together, based on Caro's twitter pic.
But I'd like to see her in a full year without Rory, just to see what her tennis looks like.
Either way, relationships that arent meant to be are okay to end
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #3844
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Ex-coach believes in tournament win for Wozniacki

Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki is seeded at the WTA Tournament BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, where she was Thursday night challenged by Romanian Monica Niculescu.

She has won 20 titles on the female tennis players WTA Tour. But this season has Caroline Wozniacki still his first tournament victory for good. Her former club coach in KB, Michael Mortensen, however, are convinced that tipping point comes now.

- I think she wins this week's tournament (Luxembourg Open, ed.), Even though she has ended up in the hardest draw half, he said, adding:

- She has gained more weight in its advance and seems more 'hungry' than long.

After Caroline Wozniacki in the tournament's first round on Tuesday defeated home-darling Mandy Minella 6-3, 7-6, challenged the 23-year-old Dane in the evening of Romanian Monica Niculescu, who is number 43 in the world ranking.

- It is an affordable opponent, said Michael Mortensen and whereas Caroline Wozniacki leads the inter record against Monica Niculescu 5-0.

- I saw them recently playing against each other in Beijing. Here won Caroline smoothly into two sets. Niculescu sliced ​​advance teased many. But it's not to do against Caroline tonight, said Michael Mortensen.

On the trip to Beijing, where Michael Mortensen coached Galina Voskoboeva from Kazakhstan he encountered Caroline Wozniacki.

- I think she seems very focused at the moment. After a mid-season, which she nevertheless concludes with a position in the world rankings top 10, I am convinced that her 2014 will be encouraging. It will be interesting to see who her new coach will be. I thought she would publish the name now. But with his father (Piotr Wozniacki, ed.) Keeps her cards close to the body, said Michael Mortensen.

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #3845
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It means nothing that she beat Niculescu. She makes too many errors against Caro, and that underspin doesnt hurt Caro.
I thought Caro played a lot of goofy style points. Rushing the net behind bad approach shots. Soft balls she hits down the middle.
This isnt going to be working against better players
I dont know why she thinks her style in YEC 2010 or IW 2011 is somthing to avoid. That Caro would bury this Caro, imo.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #3846
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who knows french here, can you please translate this ( google translate doesn't help much to understand it)?
Looks like some ugly things is said about Caro and her father by her former hitting partner???
http://www.lequotidien.lu/index.php?news=49697

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #3847
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is CWTennis it an Stupid bashing Caro Article

Quote:
Committed some time with Caroline Wozniacki, who qualified yesterday for the quarter-finals at the expense of Monica Niculescu (6-3, 6-2), Jean-Rene Lisnard has not immortalized with the Danish for which it has little consideration. "She does not for others, I do not see why I would have for her ..." Act as it is not very worthy of a former World No. 1 ... "From his confrontation with Caroline Wozniacki, who beat her in the first round Tuesday (6-3, 7-6), Mandy Minella not keep a lasting memory of an opponent clearly ignoring all the rules of good conduct. Something that, you know, the Eschoise not kidding. At closer look, the two could be sisters, Wozniacki into the role of Anastasia or Javotte while Minella would put on his ragged version of Cinderella. Does it not also scrubbed the bathroom three hours before the match? Sure, it's hard to imagine the Danish in this position. The way this poor toiser long line judge who made ​​his job by pointing a foot fault when serving speaks volumes about the contempt she feels for those who are not of his rank. As this rule Minella ignition - it also touched the arm - up to the net. A gesture evidently followed immediately by a small wave of the hand and "sorry" of circumstance. To ask even if behind this pretty flower would not hide a true "cowhide". "She loves playing the little girls, trying to give a perfect image and it can work. If the exchange takes only a few minutes ... "Jean-Rene Lisnard (pronounced" s ") knows whereof he speaks. On two occasions, the former professional who is now 34 years old joined the clan Wozniacki. The first time in summer 2012. Then from February to April this year. "The first time, she was looking for a coach. At the time, I was interested. And then I quickly realized that this was not it, says the French original Monegasque has its training center in Cannes. In fact, there was also Thomas Johansson (Editor's Note: Former professional Swedish). He also had to coach. And finally, we played both the role of sparring (partner). And spend my time to carry the bag, not for me ... " "It's a real head slaps! " In fact, Wozniacki has never needed a coach. At least one other than that it has been dragging its infancy and that it forms a vicious tandem his father. Even if early December 2011, it has secured the services of Ricardo Sanchez. But the Spaniard threw in the towel in February 2012, so after less than three months of collaboration. former professional footballer, Piotr Wozniacki decided in August 2011 to hand. This is at least what he says because he is still as ubiquitous with his daughter. And then there was just one year, he announced his return by saying, "I stopped the job for some time, but it is obvious that things are not going as they should. I am now the new head coach. "It remains to be whether the parent of a champion makes you automatically an expert in the discipline exercised? "In fact, in this story, the father has control but knows nothing!" Slice Jean-Rene Lisnard while finding him a point "positive." "With him, at least you can talk a little ..." This is probably not the opinion of the chair umpire who, on February 14, has suffered the wrath of the patriarch. The scene takes place in Doha on a ball deemed good for Mona Barthel, the opponent of his daughter. Piotr began to insult him. Point a member of the security asked him to leave the enclosure. It refuses to do so. In view of the scene - always visible on the internet - it is said that the clan Wozniacki has nothing to envy of Tomic, whose father wipe his anger on the sparring partner of his son, Thomas Drouet (like a other Monaco ...). "I can only speak of those with whom I worked, but it is true that in the genre, there are others on the tour, said Lisnard. Anyway, these guys are on another planet. All because they weigh millions of dollars. " However, Jean-Rene Lisnard allow Caroline Wozniacki in March to reach the finals of the Indian Wells tournament (beaten by Maria Sharapova). While such results give some credit to the coach, Monaco decides to pack. "Go with people like that is really compelling. You spend all day with but no relationship is created. Anyway, when it came to deal a little bit a deep subject, there was nobody. "Asked about the image he held Caroline Wozniacki, Jean-Rene Lisnard is cash "It is awful. She plays the little princesses, but in reality, it is a real head slaps! "

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3848
country flag CWTennis

Thanks, but it's google translation, still would like to read a proper translation!

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #3849
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

According to Danish reporters, Caro is always "fighting" or "slugging", she never plain "wins"!
http://www.bt.dk/sektion/tennis

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #3850
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ You know how it is, Caroline can do never do anything right. The same with the women's handball clubs and national teams. They are all always ridiculed and every article, even when they win, is always with a ... BUT ... followed by snide misogynistic comments.

Footballers on the other hand. Oh dear God. Laudrup, Bendtner, Eriksen ... can never do anything wrong. 'Bendtner splitter Norwich ad' .. He was on for Gunners in the last 15 min. Had no impact what-so-ever, yet according to E.B. involved in the two last goals .. Involved meaning, he didn't lose the ball and passed to someone, who passed it to someone else, who passed it, who passed it, who passed it, who scored. Bendtner involved!! I wonder if one can translate 'selvsving' into English.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #3851
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Not an article with a link to anything. But Anabel Croft was a commentator on EU at Caro's match yesterday and while commentating on the match itself - she was asked about Caro by her co-commentator. I haven't necessarily got her quotes verbatim. But this is basically what she said.
  1. It was mentioned that when Caro was #1 - she came under a lot of pressure and criticism about not winning a slam - was that unfair criticism or do you think that was a valid point?
    AC: Very unfair criticism.
  2. Do you think that her drop was due to that pressure getting to her and she tried to change her game?
    AC: Possibly (said in a tone with no conviction). But I think there were big power hitters that came along such as Sharapova .... and she was struggling against them. And she does need to add to her game that takes her out of her comfort zone as well as having a very strong one dimensional game that got her to #1.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3852
country flag kestrel01

kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting article in Politiken
http://politiken.dk/sport/tennis/ECE...t-ubehagelige/

Some quotes (Google translate):

"I've always been a perfectionist in everything I've been doing , both on and off the tennis court. It is the perfectionism that has brought me to the top, because I never stopped one training session before things sat , as I would like , whether it meant that I had to be two hours longer . But having said that , there's no doubt that I need to learn to relax a little more and sometimes forget that I am a perfectionist . For it is when I do it, I can work with new things in my game that can help to develop me as a player. "

"It's uncomfortable to do things you do not feel comfortable with, but it's there , it gets better. It is also why I sometimes get angry and frustrated in training because things suddenly not sitting . But it is a good sign because it is difficult , it may be something you are not so good at, so that's where we can improve. It is uncomfortable in the process, but when you get to the other side, it's all worth it '

"As I see it , there are only Serena (Williams ed. ) That stands out in the top of the world . When she is motivated , she is still easily the best player. But then there is a large group of players in an even field where I do not feel I have much to the other in front of me . The good development in my game recently to continue into the period without tournaments in November and December , so I'm ready to start 2014 with a clean slate , "says Caroline Wozniacki and admits that 2013 was not the year she had hoped the .
kestrel01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #3853
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

Very Interesting Article Indeed. If Caro maintains this hunger, determination and fighting spirit then no doubt she will have an awesome year in 2014. Plus, a coach that will really develop her game - she is really up for Slam Titles. Wish u well Caro and only take positive learning u gained in 2013 and that is never be complacent with your old type of game. It is very unconfortable but most of the time "CHANGE" is the best move especially in Sports. Kudos!
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #3854
country flag Yksi

Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel01 View Post
Finally something else from Caroline other than the usual nonsense about how everything is fine. This makes me think she's actually willing to do something to improve her game.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #3855
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
Very Interesting Article Indeed. If Caro maintains this hunger, determination and fighting spirit then no doubt she will have an awesome year in 2014. Plus, a coach that will really develop her game - she is really up for Slam Titles. Wish u well Caro and only take positive learning u gained in 2013 and that is never be complacent with your old type of game. It is very unconfortable but most of the time "CHANGE" is the best move especially in Sports. Kudos!
I think it's best to forget about slam titles at the moment. She's having a season where she'll be lucky to walk away with an international. I'd be happy with anything we can call progress. To win a major she would probably have to beat one or two players of the top five but the last two years she hasn't even been able to get to them because she couldn't get past the lower ranked players that stood between them. If she can get back into the top five or six she might have an outside chance of winning one, but this is not the case at the moment.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote