Articles and Interviews - Page 245 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #3661
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

I remember back in 09 when she was in her GS Final I said she should look at Kim clijsters Forehand and try too develop an same Forehand I think most the reason why her Forehand haven't improve or gotten better is because of not having a coach her father coach her 90% of her career

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #3662
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
The funny part is she did try to get more aggressive with her forehand, but she couldn't break paper with her forehand against Hampton in Eastbourne. It's like the harder she tries to hit it, the less deep and penetrating it is. She tried everything, too. She's tried new coaches, new string tension, new racquet. The only thing she really hasn't tried to change is her extreme Western grip. Unfortunately, it's difficult to flatten out a Western forehand, which I think is part of her problem. People can do it, but she hasn't done it very effectively. Even so, her forehand was sizzling against Zvonereva in Beijing. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly is wrong with the stroke.
I guess her team has done so many changes to it that they no longer know what else can be done. She's changed her game too much in my opinion and then, as Piotr said once, was confused on the court. Many times when I watch her playing she looks as if she did not have a plan B.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3663
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I guess her team has done so many changes to it that they no longer know what else can be done. She's changed her game too much in my opinion and then, as Piotr said once, was confused on the court. Many times when I watch her playing she looks as if she did not have a plan B.
Many times when you watch her play these days she doesn't even have a plan A. She hasn't totally made up her mind what she wants to be in my opinion. A defensive player as she was when she was on top or a more agressive player and she ends up being neither and making far too many UE on routine shots.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #3664
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Many times when you watch her play these days she doesn't even have a plan A. She hasn't totally made up her mind what she wants to be in my opinion. A defensive player as she was when she was on top or a more agressive player and she ends up being neither and making far too many UE on routine shots.
Exactly, but what I don't understand is why she's been so bold with making some changes such as serve, forehand, playing style, string tension and so timid with making other changes such as racquet (it took her 2 years to figure out Yonex wasn't working) and coaching (doesn't wanna change her dad as coach and won't keep a coach full-time). It doesn't really make much sense to me, honestly.
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #3665
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Many times when you watch her play these days she doesn't even have a plan A. She hasn't totally made up her mind what she wants to be in my opinion. A defensive player as she was when she was on top or a more aggressive player and she ends up being neither and making far too many UE on routine shots.
That's because she tends to be all over the place from match to match, and even within matches. One thing we often see these days, she comes forward a lot, this is all well and good, but her net play is poor, vs anyone half decent it's too often not been a profitable play, but she will keep at it. And this is the main I don't really understand, she does things that don't really play into her strengths. You'd assume that if this is her game plan that she's working on her volleys in practice, but if she is, you'd never know it. Her volleys are pretty much as raw as they've always been.

Then you have this whole aggressive vs defensive mindset. She'll try to be aggressive, but anytime she's up against a player with anything like an attacking game she struggles to do it. She needs too much time to build her points when she's trying to be aggressive, time you never get vs any decent aggressive player (and we're not even talking anywhere close to the best aggressive players in the world here). Then you are left with her trying to be an aggressive player, but forced to be a defensive player, where her defensive game just isn't as good as it once was, she struggles with her consistency from the back of the court, and she just gives her opponents too many points, whether that is through bad errors, or just giving her opponents easy balls to attack.

The main questions would be what does she actually work on in practice. The noises from her camp, and what we see would suggest it's on being an aggressive, attacking player. Do they seriously believe she's ever going to be standing toe to toe, trading blows with the best players in the world? Right now she can't even do it vs mediocre aggressive players. I've lost count of the average players that have beaten Caro at this aggressive game.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #3666
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
That's because she tends to be all over the place from match to match, and even within matches. One thing we often see these days, she comes forward a lot, this is all well and good, but her net play is poor, vs anyone half decent it's too often not been a profitable play, but she will keep at it. And this is the main I don't really understand, she does things that don't really play into her strengths. You'd assume that if this is her game plan that she's working on her volleys in practice, but if she is, you'd never know it. Her volleys are pretty much as raw as they've always been.

Then you have this whole aggressive vs defensive mindset. She'll try to be aggressive, but anytime she's up against a player with anything like an attacking game she struggles to do it. She needs too much time to build her points when she's trying to be aggressive, time you never get vs any decent aggressive player (and we're not even talking anywhere close to the best aggressive players in the world here). Then you are left with her trying to be an aggressive player, but forced to be a defensive player, where her defensive game just isn't as good as it once was, she struggles with her consistency from the back of the court, and she just gives her opponents too many points, whether that is through bad errors, or just giving her opponents easy balls to attack.

The main questions would be what does she actually work on in practice. The noises from her camp, and what we see would suggest it's on being an aggressive, attacking player. Do they seriously believe she's ever going to be standing toe to toe, trading blows with the best players in the world? Right now she can't even do it vs mediocre aggressive players. I've lost count of the average players that have beaten Caro at this aggressive game.
I agree with everything you said, but Radwanska has gotten to the upper echelon of the game by going for more on her groundies and serve and bettered her defensive skills. Like, what did Radwanska do that was different than Caro? I don't really get that. Can anyone explain?
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #3667
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
I agree with everything you said, but Radwanska has gotten to the upper echelon of the game by going for more on her groundies and serve and bettered her defensive skills. Like, what did Radwanska do that was different than Caro? I don't really get that. Can anyone explain?
Because Radwanska is actually good at what she's trying to do, she worked on improving those area's of her game. Caro doesn't really seem to be able to do what she's trying to do to anywhere near satisfactory level. Caro stagnated in some areas, and worse declined in others. Her backhand looks more and more average every time you see it, this was one of the best shots on tour a few years ago. Her forehand is inconsistent, her whole defensive game which was the core to her game has declined. She's not even in the same league as Radwanska defensively anymore.

Imo this is due to poor technical coaching. I mean how can her volleys seemingly not have improved at all, they must be working on it in practice, otherwise surely she wouldn't keep coming forward in matches. Yet any volley that isn't a duck at shoulder height you almost expect her to brick.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #3668
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think she need a technical coach too help her with her Volley but she also need improvement with her serve & like Ozza said her Backhand not the same so that can be work on as well, I hoping she get an coach by end this year

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3669
country flag Trey

http://www.bt.dk/tennis/eks-traener-...aar-det-svaert

Ex-coach worried: Wozniacki gets it hard

Quote:
The Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki plays Tuesday night's first match at the WTA tournament "Western & Southern Open" in the U.S. Cincinnati against Chinaman Shuai Peng.

- It's a fight that Caroline under normal circumstances would probably win, says her former coach, Michael Mortensen, to sporten.dk ..

But nevertheless doubt he that Caroline Wozniacki coming out of the financial performance stalemate, she has been in recent months. In fact, one dating back to June - 1 round at Wimbledon against Spaniard Estrella Cabeza Candela - to find her latest victory.

- Opponents of respect for Caroline is declining. I think she gets it hard against Peng. The Chinese is a dangerous player who is particularly strong from behind, said Michael Mortensen.

Winner Caroline Wozniacki, she meets in the second round either Belgian Yanina Wickmayer or Romanian Sorana Cirstea.

- It could be fun if Cirstea wins. Then there is the Caroline set for revenge for the defeat, she got against Cirstea last week (in Toronto, ed.), Said Michael Mortensen.

Tonight's match between Caroline Wozniacki is scheduled as the fourth in Cincinnati plant's track three. This means that it is likely to begin between the hours of 22 and 01 on Tuesday evening Danish time.

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #3670
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Ex-coach worried: Wozniacki gets it hard
There's no way you could misinterpret that headline, just no way!
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #3671
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

^^

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3672
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #3673
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
There's no way you could misinterpret that headline, just no way!
especially from behind.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3674
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

Does anyone has an interview about Caro's match with Kvitova & Azarenka at Cincinnati?
Tunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3675
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

There's no interviews, both were late matches, no interviews, even from winners!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote