Articles and Interviews - Page 237 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #3541
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2021335.ece

Quote:
Already a month ago announced Wozniacki that he had ambitions to retire as coach of his daughter, Caroline Wozniacki, who instead should have a new, permanent trainer with full responsibility.

At Sunday's workout at Wimbledon plant took Wozniacki as usual control and he comes for a while yet.

The rest of the season, which ends at the end of October, he expects.

He has stated that two candidates already advises Caroline Wozniacki with the idea that one of them can be a permanent solution. But right now they are busy with other tasks, which are generally for the market.

- All coaches have contracts now at this point of the season. At some point, we need a new coach to Caroline, but it is not realistic to happen before this season is over, says Piotr Wozniacki.

He wants to pull more back from the tennis tour, but this season he continues thus unchanged.

- Caroline should not travel alone around, so I'm still here. Also like her father. And she is also surrounded by people from Adidas team, he says, referring to, among others, Sven Groeneveld.

Earlier, Caroline Wozniacki had assigned coaches Ricardo Sanchez and Thomas Johansson. But in both cases ended cooperation after a short time.

Caroline Wozniacki initiates scheduled Wimbledon Monday against Estrella Cabeza Candela. The Spaniard is number 101 in the world where Dane is number nine.

The fight is scheduled as the fourth on runway 3 Here begins the game at 12.30 Danish time, and only a woman must fight and two men's singles settled.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #3542
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki:Stop criticism of my relationship
http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...mit-parforhold

Caroline Wozniacki is tired of some media believe that the relationship between her and golfer Rory McIlroy is devastating for their achievements and careers

- The love between Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy are damaging to their respective careers, concluded the American magazine Business Insider recently.

The premise of the startling conclusion was that when the Danish-Northern Irish duo in the summer of 2011 became a couple, they were both number one in the world rankings respectively in tennis and golf, and have since been dumped to less attractive locations such as number nine and two.

Before his first game Monday night in this year's Wimbledon tournament against Spanish Estrella Cabeza Candela takes Caroline Wozniacki speak up and ask in an interview with the great British daily The Times that the criticism as soon stops.

- There are always people who want to talk and make up their own stories, quotes Caroline Wozniacki as saying.

- When Rory won everything last year, I was the happy reason. So kitsch he a cut for a tournament, and suddenly it is me who is blamed for his alleged downturn. It has nothing to do with this. I'm so glad he's here. His support is fantastic. There are few people who know exactly how it feels to be in my position. Rory is young, he has been world number one, and he has won many tournaments. So there are not many people who can relate to this, she adds.

In The Times interview helps Rory McIlroy. And he gives Caroline Wozniacki law.

- Everyone knows what it's like to be in love and at the same time want to do a good job. It requires resources. And that's where we are right now.

To Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy are deeply in love, they attach no secret. With easier blushing cheeks tells the journalist Neil Harman, how they met each other.

- I saw Caroline first time, in fact, at the U.S. Open in 2010. I fell in love immediately. In the fight against Carly Gullicksson (6-0, 6-1, ed.) She wore tight-fitting dark clothes. My caddy can tell in detail how, in the period after this fight constantly talked about her, laughing Rory McIlroy.

There was, however, to walk almost a year before Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy again encountered each other.

It happened in July 2011 during a professional boxing match in Hamburg, where Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye met in a World Cup match.

- I sat next to Klitschko manager and could feel that Rory from his seat behind staring at me. Then I introduced myself to him and said that I wanted to congratulate him on the newfound U.S. Open title. Rory lit up and asked if we could have taken a picture of each other together, says Caroline Wozniacki.

The following day they both proceed to London, where Caroline Wozniacki had to attend a sponsor event, while Rory McIlroy had to watch Wimbledon final on Centre Court.

- In the evening we met at a bar. Here we found a table where we had a four-hour personal interview. Two years later we are still together, says Rory McIlroy, who gives Caroline Wozniacki for the fact that he has started to train harder than ever.

- Since I met Caroline, I have reconsidered my training methods. She has taught me that hard and dedicated work is the way to top results, says Rory McIlroy.

Caroline Wozniacki agree with him that as people have different indfaldssvinkler to life.

- I'm the pushy type, while Rory is more laid-back. If I sit one thing to have it done to perfection. Rory is much better to accept mistakes than me, says Caroline Wozniacki.

As elite athletes with working worldwide to Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy impossible to be together all the time.

But when Rory McIlroy for a couple of months ago played the Masters in the U.S., was Caroline Wozniacki as guest, and when the Danish tennis player last week played through to the semifinals at the Aegon International in Eastbourne, followed nordireren her matches from the stands.

- We have the great together, says Caroline Wozniacki, who says that she and Rory McIlroy often tease each other.

- For example, I mention often to Rory that I have been number one in the world several weeks than him. But of course I commend him too. At home I call him Champ.

He plays the incredibly well. Millions of golfers admire him, says Caroline Wozniacki.

The future while sheep Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy not seen much of each other.

While Dane participate in Wimbledon, and Monday night meetings Spaniard Estrella Cabeza Candela must McIlroy From Thursday, play Irish Open.

And when these events are over, with Caroline Wozniacki summer, while Rory McIlroy participant at the British Open.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #3543
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI FIRST ROUND

Monday 24 June 2013
Caroline Wozniacki gives her Wimbledon press conference following her 6-0 6-2 first round defeat of Estrella Cabeza Candela.

Q. How did you find the conditions out there today?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I found them quite slow actually, I have to say. I think the practice courts are a little bit faster than that court.

But, yeah, I mean, it was good to play. No wind. A little cloudy. Perfect to play tennis in really.

Q. You were playing with an unbranded racquet you were trying out. What were you playing with today?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I'm still under contract with Yonex. We're just trying a couple of things. We've always been tinkering with the racquet a little bit and just trying to get a little bit more power and a little bit more spin and control at the same time. That's really it.

Q. Were you playing with a Yonex racquet today?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I mean, it's unbranded. So I'm still under contract with Yonex.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #3544
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Wozniacki and McIlroy interview in The Times... does anybody have a subscription so they can quote the article a little bit?

Link.
Here it is!

Quote:
Love-all in sport’s big match between Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki
Neil Harman
Last updated June 22 2013 1:01AM

The Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki plays caddie to her boyfriend of two years, the golf prodigy Rory McIlroy
Andrew Redington/Getty Images
The spartan players’ restaurant at Eastbourne’s Devonshire Park is far removed from their millionaire pads on the promenade at Monaco or in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. But it is the very down-to-earthness of Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy that makes it all feel so right.
This is the superstar sporting pair Piers Morgan has been desperate to get on to his CNN talk show; Hello! magazine’s bosses would have an attack of the vapours if they were here now but sport’s big love match are true to a promise made a year ago that they would sit and talk one day, and this is the day.
According to those critical of their relationship, the fact that Wozniacki is ranked only No 9 in the world of women’s tennis and McIlroy is No 2 in golf is because they are so smitten with each other. They have taken their collective eye off the ball.
“There are always people that want to talk and make a story,” Wozniacki, 22, says. “The thing is when Rory was winning everything last year I was the lucky charm. He misses a cut and all of a sudden I’m a bad person.
“It has nothing to do with that. I’m so pleased he’s here, he’s a great support and there are so few people who know exactly how it is to feel and be in the position I am in and have been in. Rory is young, he’s been No 1, he’s won many tournaments. You don’t find many people who can relate to it.”
McIlroy, the Northern Irishman who won the 2011 US Open and the US PGA Championship last year, said: “Everyone knows how it feels to be in love and want to make something work. That’s where we are.”
Asked for their recollection of events and how they met — who said hello to whom — they giggle, they interrupt, they get a little red-faced. I ask how they became attracted to each other. It all goes back to the 2010 US Open at Flushing Meadows, New York, when McIlroy was a guest of the ATP (the governing body of men’s tennis) and was introduced to Benito Perez-Barbadillo, the public relations manager for Rafael Nadal, who said the tennis star wanted to meet McIlroy.
Wozniacki, of Denmark, was playing Carly Gullickson of the United States at that night’s session. McIlroy said: “I said, I remember her getting to the final last year. I like her, tight black dress, whatever. It was midnight before they started. She won 6-0, 6-1 and it was the first time I saw her in real life. My caddie will tell you I went on about her for three weeks. I admired her from afar, then I went to Wimbledon ladies’ quarter-final day.
“I was invited into the royal box and it was supposed to be her versus Maria [Sharapova] and I thought, ‘Oh perfect’. And she wasn’t playing.”
Wozniacki had lost to Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia in the fourth round. “I should have won, I had a break in the third and took Hawk-eye at deuce and made a mistake and, anyway, I lost,” she said. “We get to Saturday and it’s the Wladimir Klitschko/David Haye world heavyweight title fight [in Hamburg, Germany] and because I know Klitschko and his manager, I had been invited but said I couldn’t go because it was the second week of Wimbledon.
“But I had lost, I was at a friend’s place by the pool and she said they were going to go to the fight. By 1pm I’m on a flight to Hamburg with no hotel, nothing and what should I do? I get to the fight a bit late. I’m walking down the stairs and I saw Rory. I knew about him, I follow different sports.”
Wozniacki: “He is in the third row staring and I thought he was staring at someone behind me and literally he couldn’t stop looking at me (McIlroy pulls his cap down again). He has a pretty dark-haired girl on his left and a friend on the other side. I’m thinking it’s pretty rude when he has his girlfriend with him.
“I sit down next to Klitschko’s manager in the front row. I look around and can still feel him staring at me, so I say, OK I’m going to go and introduce myself since he’s looking at me. I say, ‘I’m Caroline and I’d like to say congratulations for the US Open’, and it turns out the girl is the girlfriend of Carl Froch [the boxer]. Rory says, ‘Oh my God, can I have a picture with you?’.”
McIlroy (laughing): “I didn’t say Oh my God. I just said, ‘Can we have a picture’.” Wozniacki: “So it is our first picture together.” McIlroy was due back at Wimbledon on Sunday for a royal box seat to watch the men’s final. It was his intention to have an early night for an 8.30am flight.
“I said, ‘Well I follow you in Twitter so I can send you a direct message and let you know if we’re going to do anything [later]. And she said well, take my number if you want — if I want!”
“We said goodbye at the end of the fight and I said I’d send her a text to tell her what we were getting up to. My phone died, so back at my hotel I’m looking for a charger anywhere, I need to text her, I need to text her. I said we were probably going to go out and I said I’m staying in this hotel and why don’t you swing by.”
There were five people for one taxi, and couldn’t all fit in, so Rory and Caroline went ahead. “As we got into the bar they wouldn’t let any more people in and the three guys with me were trying to get in and I said well, I’m obviously . . . they left me to it,” McIlroy says.
“We found a table in the corner, ordered a drink and hardly touched it and we talked for four hours and the next thing I know a guy taps me on the shoulder and I said, ‘What’s up?’ and we realised it was light outside and we had no idea. I flew back to London and at every change of ends of the Wimbledon final, I was going into the toilet and texting Caroline and then back to watch the tennis. Two years later we are together, in love and in a great place.”
She is the driven one: unrelenting on the practice court. Yet he is the epitome of someone who has a gift and, if not taking it for granted, knows it. “Since meeting Caroline I’ve had a renewed desire to work hard,” he says. “I always felt I was a pretty hard worker in comparison to other golfers and then I saw Caroline practise, how she goes about her profession and how dedicated she is and it made me think I can work that little bit harder.”
“We’re different,” Wozniacki, still striving for her grand slam breakthrough, adds. “If I say something, I’m going to get it done. I’m very pushy and Rory is laid back. He makes a mistake and ‘oh it’s OK’ whereas I am going to kill something until I get it done perfectly.”
To which McIlroy concurs: “Bob Rotella wrote a book called Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect, one I remember well. It’s not about that, it’s about how good your bad shots are, that’s how I look at it. Not everything has to be perfect, it’s just got to be better than everyone else’s bad.”
A rally ensues . . .
Wozniacki: “Even if you feel like you are hitting the ball well, there are so many things you just want to talk about like ‘what should we do to feel that bit better out there?’ or you lose a match or you miss the cut and that’s when you want to have someone there who knows how it feels. We share.”
McIlroy: “It’s nice to have someone who knows what it feels like to have a crap day on the course or on the court and a good day, too. Talking about your good feeling makes them stick and you remember it a bit easier.
Wozniacki: “I do give him stick because I was No 1 longer than he was.
McIlroy: “But that US Open trophy is sitting next to our TV at home.”
“He is the No 2 [behind Tiger Woods],” says Wozniacki. “And he is complaining that he didn’t shoot ten under and I say “Seriously Rory, look at where you are [he pulls his cap a little lower]. Y]ou’re playing unbelievable, the world’s No 2 golfer, you’ve been No 1, there are like millions of people playing golf and you are complaining.
“I call him Champ. Being No 1 is such an unbelievable feeling and I think it’s important to remind him about it. We are so focused on doing our thing that we forget.”
“It’s obviously easier to enjoy it when you’re playing well,” chips in McIlroy.
“But it will always go up and down,” counters his girlfriend. “To be in this position is our dream and why not work hard now and relax later? I can relax earlier than Rory can because he doesn’t retire for another 30 years.
“As for our relationship, I guess if you really want something, it’s not that difficult to make it work. Obviously it takes planning and effort but if you really want, it works out.”
McIlroy says his schedule is easier to manipulate than that of his girlfriend.
“I can make my schedule fit Caroline’s. The longest [time spent apart] recently was three weeks and that’s the longest we would want to spend apart.”

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #3545
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI FIRST ROUND

Q. You were playing with an unbranded racquet you were trying out. What were you playing with today?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I'm still under contract with Yonex. We're just trying a couple of things. We've always been tinkering with the racquet a little bit and just trying to get a little bit more power and a little bit more spin and control at the same time. That's really it.

Q. Were you playing with a Yonex racquet today?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I mean, it's unbranded. So I'm still under contract with Yonex.
Bad times for Yonex
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #3546
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro is so perfectionistic, then why isn't she doing more to improve the flaws in her game?

I wonder if Caro actually has an accurate assessment of what she's doing when she has chances. Daren Cahill has said that during the brief time he worked with Fed that Fed thought he was playing aggressively on big points (or break points. I don't remember which). After watching tape together, Fed came to realize that he was playing those points too defensively.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3547
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Bad times for Yonex
It's not really new any longer. We have seen the black racket for some time and we've talked about it for some time. We also knew, she would play with the black racket in Wimbledon.

If Yonex isn't able to make a custom racket, which suits Caro, they are incompetent, imho. But I am sure they can. This has perhaps just speed up the process

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #3548
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know. She used Yonex when she won IW, Brussels, F Stuttgart, SF Rome.
So its not just a racket.
But if she thinks this racket helps her, maybe she tries harder now.

I'm convinced this is part her team treating the #1 player like a lump of clay they think they can reshape, but its also Caro not being patient and focused the way she used to.
You see that when she argues calls. Just worry about the next point, unless you really got robbed

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #3549
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
If Caro is so perfectionistic, then why isn't she doing more to improve the flaws in her game?

I wonder if Caro actually has an accurate assessment of what she's doing when she has chances. Daren Cahill has said that during the brief time he worked with Fed that Fed thought he was playing aggressively on big points (or break points. I don't remember which). After watching tape together, Fed came to realize that he was playing those points too defensively.
This is one reason that I would like her to face much tougher questions from the press after a loss. In the moment I am sure that she would repeat her standard answers ("my opponent was too good," "I had my chances but I didn't take them") but maybe afterwards she would think about what she was asked? For example, I'm not sure what her 2013 record is against players ranked outside the top forty but it is fairly abysmal, especially for a top ten player. That seems like a perfect question to ask her the next time she loses to a player outside the top forty. Caroline must be aware of her record but maybe being asked about it publicly will underscore how bad it is? I would also like to hear her address the lack of growth and improvement in her game. I think that most of us who follow her agree that since the end of 2010 she hasn't made any solid improvements to her game and has instead regressed. How would she react if she was asked and pressed about that?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)

Last edited by DownInAHole : Jun 25th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #3550
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
This is one reason that I would like her to face much tougher questions from the press after a loss. In the moment I am sure that she would repeat her standard answers ("my opponent was too good," "I had my chances but I didn't take them") but maybe afterwards she would think about what she was asked? For example, I'm not sure what her 2013 record is against players ranked outside the top forty but it is fairly abysmal, especially for a top ten player. That seems like a perfect question to ask her the next time she loses to a player outside the top ten. Caroline must be aware of her record but maybe being asked about it publicly will underscore how bad it is? I would also like to hear her address the lack of growth and improvement in her game. I think that most of us who follow her agree that since the end of 2010 she hasn't made any solid improvements to her game and has instead regressed. How would she react if she was asked and pressed about that?
I would have thought that the very fact she is using a blackened racquet currently, is a clear illustration of the fallicy in your assumptions, and that she takes it very seriously.

Further, I am amused that you still assume that any celebrity or person in a position of public scrutiny doesn't provide measured and pre-calculated responses. From Maralyn Monroe, to Micky Mouse we have always been presented with a veil, and all parties involved on both sides of the fence are aware of their part in the arangement.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #3551
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr: My ignorance caused Caroline's weaknesses
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-06-26-pio...ines-svagheder

Quote:
From the outside it looks like training that has brought Caroline Wozniacki up among the best in the world, a prime example of how it should be done. But even though his career is now firmly planted in the world's elite, so it started completely from scratch.

Father and coach Piotr Wozniacki recalls how he suddenly realized that his young daughter played totally wrong.
-There are many things that I think: if only we had changed them then. Now, the weaknesses in her game. Definitely. I will not say what it is. Maybe after her career, says Wozniacki tv2.dk.
-It was only when we came abroad, Caroline was 13-14 years that it was better. I saw the best coaches and I talked to them. They explained to me a few things, and so had to Caroline switching technique, but it was too late. Even today, when I see some things she can not do well, I know it, it is, says an honest Wozniacki.
He believes that the Danish coach school did not do much good for Wozniacki.
-There once was a coach who told me that we should not work with Caroline slice. It comes all by itself - you can turn a slice, he said to me. But it is outrageous that a coach can say that. You have to train in all of life. How you get better. The slice I have is the one amateur blow and not like all the other girls out there beats winning return, says Piotr Wozniacki, who after a difficult start to the trainer life thus have become wiser.
But next season, as we know no more fatherly advice for Caroline Wozniacki. Wozniacki pulls as coach, and although they still will not sign a name, so he confirms that a deal is close to being in place.
-It's still two issues. There are various things we are discussing. But we can not report anything out. It's good coaches, so they also have good jobs now. But we get closer and closer, explains Piotr Wozniacki.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #3552
country flag goldenlox

I think the big mistake was changing her style of play while she was #1.
But now they need something. This time after IW she's not playing like she will ever contend at majors.
They have to get her consitency back

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #3553
country flag CWTennis

Wozniacki with shining eyes: An empty feeling
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-06-26-woz...om-fornemmelse

Quote:
It was clearly affected Caroline Wozniacki, who met the press after the disappointing 6-2, 6-2 defeat against Petra Cetkovska in the second round of Wimbledon.

Already at the beginning of the first set slipped Dane, and then it was clear that she had trouble moving properly on the grass.
-I really feel that I have played well of late, and you get momentum and it goes the right way, and then you come out and slides at the beginning of the game ... So have you as if you get a decent one on top in the head, says Caroline Wozniacki, despite the damage fought on for the victory.
-I am a fighter, so I just tried to fight to the end. You never know what can happen, but I knew it looked bad.
That's according Wozniacki even Achilles tendon, it is mad with, and now studies show how bad the damage really is.
-Right now I have talked to different doctors and physiotherapists. I will have slightly different feedback, but it is behind the foothills helpful around the Achilles tendon, says Wozniacki.
The Dane is only one in a series of several players who have been injured after falling on the grass this year. The entire seven players have pulled in the second round of the tournament.
-The tracks are closer to those who were at the Olympics last year than the normal Wimbledon courts. They are a bit more smooth, but it's hard to say whether it's weather or what it is, says Dane.
The injury comes at a time when the game was again starting to go Wozniackis road with victories and good game after a horrible spring. But despite the injury, she can take a lot of.
-It is clear that I can use a lot going forward. I know what it takes. Right now it is the body that should be clear. You can not really play properly if the body is not ready. That's what I think about most right now. The time now is acidic and it is a little sad. But it is sports, and so it is. I hope I can come back quickly, and that it is not so bad, she says.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #3554
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2023816.ece
Quote:
LONDON (Ekstra Bladet): He suffered with the rest of the box, Adidas coach Sven Gröneveld which in rare degree tried to come up with loud encouragement to Caroline Wozniacki down on the pitch.

But the experienced Dutchman did like most others where this was leading.

- I am disappointed that she is not allowed to provide one hundred percent, he said, shrugged and pointed to today's other outcomes from the emergency room.

- Was it smart by Caroline playing finished? We do not know because we do not know the extent of the damage. But Wimbledon has a great room with her, and she has a big fighter's heart. We know that.

Fighter does not help if you can not run after all. And it could Wozniacki clearly not.

- She runs always very. It's part of her game. The key fact. And sometimes you hurt when you run so much. Unfortunately it happens today.

- Especially on grass, it is important to be able to move freely, and that goes for everyone. If you are limited on the field, you know the result.

Like most others rřdhvid optics, also hoped he that dogged effort in the second set may help turn the momentum.

- But it was not easy. She could obviously not find a feel for what she tried.

Wozniacki rushed as usual away after the defeat.

Hans and Caroline's next challenge is probably at the hardcourt in Toronto.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #3555
country flag Trey

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle2023844.ece

Quote:
LONDON (ekstrabladet.dk): In the English part of his press conference managed Caroline Wozniacki valiantly to hold up, but at the beginning of the Danish part, tears began to roll.

A rare sight, for also off the court she usually Fighte past the kind of intrusive feelings.

See also: Damage took grilling from Caroline

- What kind of a feeling you're holding?

- It is no special great feeling, because I really feel that I've been playing well lately, had momentum and it goes in the right direction. So you get a decent one in the head. It's Wimbledon, and you try everything to get through and play. But there was so much to do.

- Is it a worse feeling than losing regular?

- Yeah, I'd say. Have you lost, then okay. The second has played better, and there may be some things you could have done better, but now I just sit with an empty feeling in the body.

See also: Sensation: Sharapova crashed too out of Wimbledon

The worst part of annoyance was clearly also for her before his fall into the match 14 minutes had felt that she had come to this grand slam as a contender, you should count on.

- I feel like I had a good chance, I felt that I had momentum and hit the ball well, so it's a shame and it is acidic, and right now I'm obviously a little upset.

Caroline Wozniacki has had several ankle injuries before, and for the same reason always the right wallpaper up when she walks the runway. But she could immediately feel that it was not the type of injury.

- It's not my ankle. I stumbled straight forward, so it's more behind on foot. I just talked to different doctors and physical therapists to get some different feedback, but it is at the heel around the Achilles tendon

- Right now my sole focus to be ready again, said Caroline Wozniacki.