Articles and Interviews - Page 232 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #3466
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I thought they were deciding between 2 interim coaches.

There really needs to be some sort of change after that disasterous clay court season whether it be a racquet change, technical coach change, head coach change, some other kind of change, or a combination of changes. The status quo is not ok.
All I get from these articles (which were very difficult for me to decipher and probably read better in their original languages) is a state of confusion. They apparently knew who they wanted for her coach, but that person is currently in a contract. They had choices in mind for an interim coach, but seemingly now have no idea who will be the interim coach. The apparent fact that this was planned all along I'm just really not buying tbh, everything about it points to spontaneous actions.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3467
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
All I get from these articles (which were very difficult for me to decipher and probably read better in their original languages) is a state of confusion.
Yes, it's a mess. I does seem a bit clumsy or awkward how Piotr and Team Wozniacki handles the press, but most of the confusion is actually genereted by the press itself because they (the press) don't even read what's actually written by other medias. They're just trying to sell clever headlines. Have a look, for instance, at this tweet by Danish paper BT (sporten.dk) and a reply from a Danish TV2 journalist. This took place just an hour ago (I've translated it for your convenience):

Sporten.dk ?@sportendk 1h
Now Piotr Wozniacki countinues anyway: According to her American agent, Caroline Wozniacki won't change her... http://bit.ly/16pVa1B

Jonas Fjordside ?@JonasFjordside 45m
@sportendk but Piotr never said he would leave before Wimbledon? I made the interview you're quoting.

The press (BT in particular)
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #3468
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ BT Sporten is just .... I mean, they make The SUN look like NYT and The Washington Post.

If you remember this sensational article about TJ and how he was sacked by text and Caro didn't want to speak to him and blah blah... That was Thomas Idskov from BT Sporten ... TJ had to tweet, how it totally inaccurate.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #3469
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-06-16-tr%...%A6r-wozniacki

Quote:
When 2013 is over to Caroline Wozniacki have a new coach. It told Wozniacki tv2.dk the French Open. He also explained that there were two specific names on the table, and that now pondering who should have the job of coach of the world pt. No. 9 in the world.

The problem was that the two coaches are under contract for 2013, and therefore can only join after the last ball of the current calendar year is enabled. On the other hand opened Wozniacki also that you could draw inspiration from outside during the season to work with Wozniacki.
Read also: Ouch, Wozniacki: Up against last year's grass-executioner
One suggestion for such a trainer might be Robert Lansdorp, who has previously worked with Pete Sampras, Lindsay Davenport, Tracy Austin and Maria Sharapova.
-I address itself to people, and I've never had the pleasure of talking to Caroline and her staff. But people say to me that she was going to take to get a ride over to me, says Lansdorp to tv2.dk, and continues:
Also read: 'Wozniacki's coach-hunting: Here are the candidates'
The problem with Caroline is that she lacks power in his punches. Can she get it? I know she can! It takes a little effort but huge commitment on her part to reach that goal. She must believe one hundred percent on the process and understand what we are about to do, he says - almost as if he has already embarked on the task.
Great respect for 'Fighter'
Wozniacki is a player that appeals Lansdorp. Especially because she's the type who does not give up and work hard.
-I have always had great respect for Caroline, because she is a fighter and I love hard-working fighters. It was all my players - even those who only reached as number five in the world, he says.
-The sweet girl is such a fighter, but she must have some bigger guns and a larger server. She has all the ingredients to become a Grand Slam winner if she can improve things. She gets no iron at the moment, but we all know that there is a great champion inside her, he continues, and stresses that he has what it takes to help Wozniacki to get just the weapons.
-Now I do not know how much she works with her upper body strength. I'm no expert, but I know she will lead nations more through balls. I'm an expert in. I teach in my private runway. Nothing academy. Just one and one and thousands of balls, says Lansdorp.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #3470
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ but Lansdorp has never spoken to Team Wozniacki .. by his own account and wouldn't they have made contact to a wanted coach?

In another article on TV2 Sporten, they have spotted the blackened out racket. They say it's a Babolat. How they can be so dead certain and state is an obvious fact, the article doesn't say.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3471
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-06-17-ups...orkert-ketsjer

Quote:
It's not pennies, as big sponsor Yonex spits onto Caroline Wozniacki savings account. Money that goes in as a bonus, that she swings exactly their racket when she travels around the many tennis venues around the world.

That is precisely why the sponsor also be a little pissed that Wozniacki has now been caught with a Babolat racquet in his hand during a training session. Babolat is not completely unknown to Wozniacki, it's a brand she has previously taken advantage of, and whether it is the recent lift results, having got her to find a new racquet forward is uncertain.
Read also: Wozniacki's opponent is on: Will take the title again
It is certain, however, that Wozniacki did not brag about his new racquet - Dane tries probably closer to hide that it is not a Yonex. As the picture shows is Balolat-racket something unconventional kept completely in black, and without the usual corporate logos.
About prey Ministry on training matters to the results we get certainty about later this week when Wozniacki plays first round match at the Aegon International in Eastbourne

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3472
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rory flies in the face of criticism to support Wozniacki at Eastbourne
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1048...ne/?ref=twtrec

Quote:
CAROLINE Wozniacki has blocked out continuing criticism of her love match with Rory McIlroy as she prepares for a reunion with her golf star boyfriend in Eastbourne.

McIlroy is jetting back from America to support his Danish sweetheart, pictured left at Eastbourne yesterday, in the Aegon International at Devonshire Park after playing his final round in the US Open last night.

Wozniacki watched on TV as the Irishman’s challenge was wrecked by a five-over par third round 75 at Merion on Saturday evening.
McIlroy headed for the South Coast after missing the halfway cut in the US Open last year to see Wozniacki lose her first round match against Christina McHale.

They will be together again this week amid endless speculation about the adverse effect their relationship is having on their respective careers since they began dating two years ago.

Former world No. 1 Wozniacki told The Argus: “I never google my name, so I don’t know. Honestly, I don’t really think about it. I just do my thing, I play. I love to play tennis and that’s my passion, my job.

“I have a great relationship and I’m very happy in it. That’s my personal life. I just want to live as normally as I can. “I watched Rory (in the third round). Obviously, it wasn’t what he had hoped for but it’s a tough course and you can’t play well every time.”
Wozniacki’s hopes of improving on her own poor run at Eastbourne, where she won the title in 2009, have not been made any easier by the draw.

The world No. 9 fifth seed faces defending champion Tamira Paszek, who knocked her out of Wimbledon last year, after failing to reach a final in 2013 or go beyond the second round of a tournament since April.

Wozniacki’s preparations have been hampered by the French air strike which delayed her arrival in Sussex until Friday, three days later than scheduled.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #3473
country flag TennisFan66

^ You are kidding me ... another early exit awarded with a cuddle, a date and .....

They really need to work on their incentive structure ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3474
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Read couple of articles and forums, everyone says it's a Babolat racket she's trying out!
Quote:
Therefore play Wozniacki in the wrong racket
http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/derfor-...medium=twitter
Caroline Wozniacki has changed its normal Yonex racquet out with one of the brand Babolat. With this in hand, the Danish tennis player get much more speed in the balls, she sends away. Something she has been missing for a long time

When you want to stay on good terms with its major sponsor, then you should not flake with that actually thrive better with the competitor's product. I know Caroline Wozniacki of course perfectly well why she tried to hide the fact that she these days running around the training courses prior to the tournament in Eastbourne with a tennis racket from the French manufacturer Babolat.

The racket is held entirely in black with no hints of logos or other revealing. For normally the Japanese Yonex that sponsor Caroline Wozniacki and when they throw millions of dollars in Dane's direction, so they expect that she also plays with their racquet.

But it is no secret that Caroline Wozniacki has not been satisfied with his Yonex racquet.

- Yonex is a little different than many other rackets. It is more square in it compared to e.g. Babolat which are more oval. This means that Yonex has a displacement of the sweet spot, which is exactly where you hit the ball the most optimal in terms of getting power and speed. With a Yonex racquet in hand, you then hit the ball differently, too, because this sweet spot is larger. But when that Caroline Wozniacki is a world class player, so you do not need a bigger sweet spot, you need a smaller, where she can get more speed and precision. It is she with Babolat and not Yonex, which is a difficult racquet to play with, explains tennis expert Peter Bastiansen.

He also explains that it is quite normal that the professional tennis players testing new rackets during the season, but they do exactly as Caroline Wozniacki makes it these days in Eastbourne, namely with a black, neutral framework, so outsiders do not arouse suspicion.

The suspect may Wozniacki no longer run from, now she is revealed through various images on Twitter. They all illustrate the Dane strikes with a racket from Babolat.

It was just the brand, Caroline Wozniacki played with when she just won and won and stormed to the top of the women's world rankings. In early 2011, she went so from Babolat to Yonex Japan, and then tested her, moreover, its new brand in the same manner as in these days in the UK, with a black. neutral racket.

Unfortunately for Caroline Wozniacki began her downturn also when she said goodbye to Babolat and hello to Yonex.

The Danish tennis player reportedly complained about his new tool several times and tennis experts have previously suggested that she without a racket from Babolat was mercy, for a Babolat was possible for Wozniacki to get much more speed in the balls. The advantage is now gone.

But there are five million good reasons to Caroline Wozniacki at the time switched to Yonex, though she with a Babolat racquet in his hand worked excellently. For Yonex should have thrown exactly five million dollars off to Caroline Wozniacki a year, she played with their racquet. Now, there are signs that she is considering going back to Babolat again.

- That's fine, she tests a new racquet, but the timing is horrible. Eastbourne begins now, and there is Wimbledon next week. It is simply too amateur-ish to begin such a test now, because it confuses the. After Wimbledon, she has a one-month vacation, and only she do all the tests she wants. This is too weird and seems quite foolish, says tennis expert Peter Bastiansen who does not believe that the racket should be the basic explanation of Caroline Wozniacki's play problems over recent seasons.

It is instead a fundamental flaw in the Dane's tennis DNA.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3475
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Babolat has a lot of stars, like Nadal. So if Caroline changes she probably gives up a lot of endorsement money.
So she better be sure her game is better with Babolat. I see much bigger problems than just her racket
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #3476
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

5m a year? That figure sounds extraordinarily high. If that is true, better hope Yonex are willing to agree to mutual release, because surely there is no way she is buying out of that.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #3477
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
5m a year? That figure sounds extraordinarily high. If that is true, better hope Yonex are willing to agree to mutual release, because surely there is no way she is buying out of that.
Depends on the currency denomination ... It's equivalent to $1 mill / year.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3478
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Depends on the currency denomination ... It's equivalent to $1 mill / year.
It says dollars in the article.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3479
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
It says dollars in the article.
Be that as it may, it's run through Google translate from Danish ..

It says in Danish, translated to English, that Caro had five million reasons (a year) to change to Yonex, as Yonex is paying her exactly five million (kroner) a year for her to use their racket.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3480
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Be that as it may, it's run through Google translate from Danish ..

It says in Danish, translated to English, that Caro had five million reasons (a year) to change to Yonex, as Yonex is paying her exactly five million (kroner) a year for her to use their racket.
5 million Danish kroners is worth about 893000 US dollars today.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote