Articles and Interviews - Page 223 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3331
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I don't know, I see quite a number of articles, maybe not quite as harsh as this one, but saying stuff like Caroline was never good enough for number 1, she is always going to drop down the rankings, lots of people have said this. The problem is it's kind of a contradiction to say Caroline's defensive game was always going to struggle to compete with the best, and then cite Radwanska and Errani as 2 players who overtook her as the game passed her by so to speak. It's very lazy journalism.

I haven't actually seen any journalist analyse the problems in Caro's actual game. The closest was probably Cronin's recent article, but that was about her rebuilding and changing her game to compete with the best (it even mentions liking the direction she is taking ). In fact can anyone point me to any articles at all about the decline in Caroline's game, the loss of consistency from the baseline etc.

You'd think even the most simple mind could see that Caro has lost to 7 players outside the top 20 this year, 6 of which were outside the top 60. How many players outside the top 60 did Caroline lose to when number 1?
He was here yesterday checking out the forum. At least matt cronin was his user name.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #3332
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

New Rolex offer....what a beautiful pic..Caro really grown up and ladylike..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #3333
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
New Rolex offer....what a beautiful pic..Caro really grown up and ladylike..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

"Champion. Fighter. Tireless Spirit." hmm

but...
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3334
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
He was here yesterday checking out the forum. At least matt cronin was his user name.
Oh my. It is amazing like all anti-Wozniacki journalists are the ones who actually remained interested in her career.

Hopefully they are not more interested in it than herself at this poing.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3335
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Oh my. It is amazing like all anti-Wozniacki journalists are the ones who actually remained interested in her career.

Hopefully they are not more interested in it than herself at this poing.
If Cronin actually read the posts and took seriously/paid attention to the posts in the main thread (Danish Delight) in here, then he should be able to get at least somewhat of a clue about the state of Caro's game.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3336
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I saw that too. He was looking at the main (Danish Delight) thread.

I looked at a few of his past posts on Tennis Forum and it sure seemed like the real Cronin to me.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #3337
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ibtimes.com/press-release...vips-promoting

SAN FRANCISCO, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EFactor Corp., the world's largest niche social network for entrepreneurs, announces a partnership with tennis stars The Bryan Brothers (Mike and Bob Bryan), and Caroline Wozniacki today. Set to join the network as EFactor VIPs, the Bryan Brothers and Wozniacki will contribute to EFactor's community.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130513/SF11455)

In an effort to increase public interest in VIP membership, EFactor is launching several partnerships, with a calendar of related events, for the benefit of its VIP members. EFactor VIP Membership offers valuable support resources and exclusive access to a community of professional entrepreneurs. The partnership between the Bryan Brothers and Wozniacki is the first to launch.

"We're committed to increasing the success factor of entrepreneurs and business owners all over the world," expresses Adrie Reinders, EFactor CEO. "These Tennis stars have some very intriguing things in common with the average entrepreneur." Both Caroline Wozniacki and the Bryan Brothers are stand-alone businesses. Caroline, and Bob & Mike are the respective CEO's of their personal brands. The success they have achieved on the court has allowed them to create a sustainable business off the court.

In the case of the Bryan Brothers, the aim is to promote and support successful ventures in social entrepreneurship. Something Bob and Mike Bryan have done successfully with their non-profit organization the Bryan Brothers Foundation. "A big part of business is giving back to the very community which supported them for so long. Mike and Bob started the Bryan Bros Foundation, counting over 50 beneficiaries of their philanthropic efforts," says John Tobias of Lagardere Unlimited. "Caroline founded the Caroline Wozniacki Tennis Academy in her native Denmark to give kids every opportunity to be introduced to a game she loves so much."

There is an interesting correlation between the commitment it takes to be a world-class athlete and the commitment it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, something very apparent in Caroline Wozniacki's journey to tennis stardom. "The entrepreneur's journey, like a tennis star's, is a rollercoaster ride, full of ups and downs. It's consistent with the learning, development and determination it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur," says Marion Freijsen, EFactor COO.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #3338
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I keep expecting Caroline to form a company with Rory. But I guess that would get messy if they broke up and werent friends anymore

Tennis Panorama News ‏@TennisNewsTPN
Bryan Brothers And Caroline Wozniacki Become EFactor VIPs promoting Entrepreneurship http://sacb.ee/13syNbk
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #3339
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The World’s 50 Most Marketable 2013
http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_m...ine_wozniacki/

Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki - Danish, 22, Tennis (13)

Despite not quite breaking through and becoming the Grand Slam winner she initially seemed to be, Caroline Wozniacki has established herself as one of the undoubted stars of the WTA Tour. While her form has dipped alarmingly at times – she is generally considered good but not great although she retains every chance of winning a Slam at some point, such is the unpredictability at the top of women’s tennis – her profile has gone in the other direction.

Better known by some observers as the girlfriend of Rory McIlroy – the pair were global sport’s undoubted power couple until Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn announced their own love match earlier this year – Wozniacki’s positive demeanour, undeniable glamour and down-to-earth attitude have made her something of a magnet for corporate partners.

A deal with Adidas by Stella McCartney complements her passion for fashion, while other brands such as Danske Invest, Oriflame, Turkish Airlines and e-Boks, an e-document storage supplier, have all moved to align themselves with the Dane in recent years, steered carefully in her direction by her management at Lagardère Unlimited Tennis. Further evidence of her broadening appeal came last year when Wozniacki went into a new partnership with JBS, Denmark’s leading underwear manufacturer, putting her name to a collection. The accompanying photo shoot crashed her website. DC
Rory is at #3 http://sportspromedia.com/most_marketable/rory_mcilroy

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : May 13th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #3340
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice but that will be the case only if a success lasts,which it isn't at the moment.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #3341
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

What Now Wozniacki?
http://www.tennisnow.com/News/What-Now-Wozniacki.aspx

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #3342
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
"Caroline Wozniacki suffered yet another opening round loss, this time in Rome. Is this to be expected or is this mini-slump a sign of bigger woes for the former No.1?"

backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #3343
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/carolin...al-goere-noget

(partly google translated)

Caroline isn't finished. But she needs to do something.

Two observers of the sport of tennis calls for new thinking in the Wozniacki camp, to allow Danish tennis player to regain balance in her life.

Caroline Wozniacki's defeat in the first round in Rome was the fourth in a row. That has not happened since 2007, and in general Wozniacki's stats right now are sad readings if you want to see the Dane back at the no. 1 spot she held for 67 weeks until 29 January 2012.

Is Denmark's best tennis player already finished at the top? Two observers of tennis that BT have spoken with, agree that something must be done with Wozniackis tennis carrer.

- I think it is over for the concept we've seen until now, ie. her trainer setup and style of play and the carefree working hard attitude. It is obviously not working, says Anders Haahr Rasmussen, tennis commentator on Eurosport and author of the book 'One ball at a time' about Caroline Wozniacki.

- The balance she used to have in her life, her game, and career, isn't there anymore. It seems like she is struggling to find that balance again, he says, and draws a parallel with the former Swedish champion Mats Wilander, who won the 1980 French Open at age 17.

- Then he was away for a few years but came back and won everything after he had been away trying to find out what else life might have to offer besides tennis. His return needed him to find a new way to place tennis in relation to all other things that had come into his life. And it seems like this is the struggle that is going on right now for Wozniacki, suggests Anders Haahr Rasmussen.

Christian W. Larsen, a former tennis coach, elite player and sports editor at the paper Det Fri Aktuelt, also follows tennis and believes Wozniacki needs a period during which she only practices to improve her game.

- She needs to find out if she really wants this? And if she wants, she must take at least six months off and find out what she needs to improve. Then she'll have to deal with the sponsors, whether they pay half salary or nothing at all, says Christian W. Larsen, who denies that Caroline Wozniacki at only 22 years old is finished.

According to both observers though, we can forget about seeing her at no. 1 again. But it is good enough where she is now.

- The competition is getting tougher every year. There are a number of American girls coming up, and of course there are Russians and Asians. There's a new level of competition in tennis every 2nd year, says Christian W. Larsen

- I think it is ridiculous to talk about number one in the world and Grand Slam victories. It's not good to have such goals as a benchmarks for success or failure. Everything else must work. Whether she is number five, seven or nine in average over a ten year period doesn't matter. But she belongs somwhere in that range, he adds.

- Being a top 10 player fits her level, and she still has a game that allows her to go far in some tournaments and win. The most disappointing is the way she loses. It is disappointing to see how she plays tennis, and how her development has stalled, says Anders Haahr Rasmussen.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #3344
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Good article. She really has to change her team. And her focus.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #3345
country flag poulao

poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future poulao has a brilliant future

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-05-16-fre...ki-sp%C3%A5dom

Caroline Wozniacki has already begun preparations for this year's second Gand Slam tournament, the French Open. The tournament starts on 26 May and Dane has had a mildly ugly gravel season so far.

Only in a single tournament she's gone further than the first round, and there was in Charleston, where she reached the semifinals. But European gravel season has so far offered earlier exits in Stuttgart, Madrid and later in Rome.

Yet predicts experts around the world that Wozniacki reaches far the French Open. Maybe even so far as to border on its own best result was a place in the quarter-finals in 2010.

-I predict that Wozniacki reach the fourth round, and that's it. She lacks a little offensive weapons and confidence. But she is a lovely young woman, and a good ambassador of Denmark, said Bill Simon, who is the editor at Inside Tennis for tv2.dk.

-If she gets a good start, I can not see why she should not be able to reach the quarterfinals, but she may lack confidence, so a good start is very important, assesses tennis expert Paul Newman from the newspaper Independent.

And this confidence is crucial. Does it come into being, then there is almost no limit to Wozniacki. It says tennis reporter from the Berner Zeitung, Adrian Ruch.

-I think that Caroline has played to reach the quarter or even the semi-finals. But in tennis, self-confidence is essential. All the defeats against inferior opponents must have cost. Therefore, I would be a bit surprised if she goes beyond the third round, he says.

The last expert in tv2.dk's telephone survey also believe that Wozniacki when a piece into the tournament.

-It is a difficult mission. Depending on the draw, I think that it becomes difficult to reach the quarter-finals, says Lever Garber from ESPN.
poulao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote