Articles and Interviews - Page 219 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3271
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Hopefully she Does practice like she say she will, her fitness is great I don't thinks she need too worry about that, But Practice for sure Her Serve & Forehand Hopefully Sven Put in Alot work with her.I worry can Darren Cahill work with her as well as Sven

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3272
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. I thought I was very much in control at the start. I didn't feel like she had any chance there. I was taking the ball early and really making her run, and I didn't give her a chance to really come in, but she stepped it up a little bit in the second and third set, and I had my chances that I definitely should have taken, and when you don't do that, then you know, there is consequences, and today as well, I mean everything she went for went in.
Ah, the ever reliable "I had my chances" line. No post match press conference after a loss is complete without it.

Sooner or later after the losses keep piling up she is going to learn the lesson.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #3273
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Ah, the ever reliable "I had my chances" line. No post match press conference after a loss is complete without it.

Sooner or later after the losses keep piling up she is going to learn the lesson.
It's worrying that Caro paints a picture of some ranked 63 in the world steps up and she's unable to respond. That was my biggest worry, she wasn't beaten by a Kvitova on fire ala Wimbledon 2010. She was beaten by an average player who while putting in a good performance, it wasn't a world beating performance.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #3274
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's worrying that Caro paints a picture of some ranked 63 in the world steps up and she's unable to respond. That was my biggest worry, she wasn't beaten by a Kvitova on fire ala Wimbledon 2010. She was beaten by an average player who while putting in a good performance, it wasn't a world beating performance.
Yes, the fact that in so many of her losses she had chances to either win or pull ahead but failed to do so negates the "my opponent was just too good"/"everything she went for went in" lines. I don't expect it to ever happen but it would be interesting to see how she would respond if that was pointed out to her during a press conference. It is too bad that she is not asked smarter/tougher questions.

Also, the fact that many of the lower ranked players that defeat her lose their next match makes one question how great they were playing.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3275
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Wertheim today

The Woes of Woz continue. Caroline Wozniacki, the world's No. 1 not that long ago, failed to close out little-known Stephanie Voegele in Charleston, dropping the last five games of their match. We all have favorite players, but it's no fun to watch a star slump like this.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...#ixzz2PtLmkMds
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3276
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Wertheim today

The Woes of Woz continue. Caroline Wozniacki, the world's No. 1 not that long ago, failed to close out little-known Stephanie Voegele in Charleston, dropping the last five games of their match. We all have favorite players, but it's no fun to watch a star slump like this.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...#ixzz2PtLmkMds
Ha, I thought this was going to be an article on Caro, not just a couple of lines. Wasn't Cronin claiming on twitter last week he has written a 5000 word article on Caro, I wonder when that is getting published .
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #3277
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Yeah I saw that Tweet i hope it not a Awful Article bout him talking down on her.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3278
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha, I thought this was going to be an article on Caro, not just a couple of lines. Wasn't Cronin claiming on twitter last week he has written a 5000 word article on Caro, I wonder when that is getting published .
PM him... He has posted here a few times.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #3279
country flag Trey

^ Matt On For Real Tennis Forum OMG

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3280
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ Matt On For Real Tennis Forum OMG
Yes, I often saw him reading this section, and he used to post links to articles here.

Iirc his UID was mattcronin

You'll probably catch him browsing siberia, or posting links for his idolising fans over there.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #3281
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
PM him... He has posted here a few times.
Oh my, what a great addition to our forum...
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3282
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an article about Caro and Rory at the par 3 contest yesterday:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...iacki-masters/
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #3283
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Battle of the WAGS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ournament.html

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #3284
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM   #3285
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For what it's worth, Cronin's article is finally published. There's a free sample of the first issue but the text for the article about Caro and some other parts of the magazine are blurry (intentionally I think).

http://www.tennis-journal.com/
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote