Articles and Interviews - Page 215 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3211
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yeah, I can see ITV and channel 4 fighting over it I think it must be hard to handle the media nowadays for famous people like them. Slightest thing out of the ordinary and they are able to blow it out of proportion.
What Rory and Caro did next..

It would slot in right between 'What Jordan did next' and TOWIE. But before 'Peter Andre' and 'Paris Hilton's British BFF' .. I am laughing in real life just thinking about all the incredible crappy ITV reality shows. .. Jade's PA. They also had one about Kerry Katona .. .. and of course all Simon Cowell's sheit .. To paraphrase Carlsberg : If Carlsberg made the shittiest TV Network in the world ... *zooms to a photo of the ITV head office* ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #3212
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

EB is a bad paper sometimes but they don't jump om the "wagan" telling about the possible breakup like the danish paper BT did...

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1932768.ece

But this article is mainly just what have been posted here...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3213
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

PETROVA POWERS ON, WOZNIACKI AWAITS
Nadia Petrova could do no wrong against Julia Goerges as the third round continued at the BNP Paribas Open. Next is Caroline Wozniacki, who will try to avenge an unhappy ending to 2012.

Published March 11, 2013 12:00

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Nadia Petrova hit just about every target at the BNP Paribas Open on Monday, beating Julia Goerges in straights to reach the fourth round. Caroline Wozniacki is up next.

Click here to watch match highlights, interviews and much more video from Indian Wells!

The No.10-seeded Petrova came out just about as fast as a player could, winning nine of the first 10 games to build a 61 30 lead; the No.21-seeded Goerges held then broke back to close to 3-2 and get the second set back on serve, but Petrova squeaked out the next two games then ended it, 61 62.

The match was much tougher than the scoreline indicates - it lasted an hour and a half. But Petrova was far sharper on the biggest points, going six-for-six on break points - Goerges was one-for-six.

Next up for Petrova is No.8 seed Caroline Wozniacki, who won 10 of 11 games from 2-all in the first set to record a similarly-lopsided victory in her match against No.29 seed Elena Vesnina, 62 61.

"It just took me a couple of games to get into the match - I felt like the court was slower than the outside courts maybe, so I felt like I mis-timed it a little bit in the beginning," Wozniacki said. "But then once I got into it I felt like I played some good tennis. I was feeling really comfortable out there.

"In general it was a very good match for me, I think."

Wozniacki's father is generally at the forefront of her matches - he is her coach, after all, and is called onto the court now and then - but another member of her family who has traditionally been at her matches, her brother, has not been around as much lately. She was asked about him afterwards.

"He's in Denmark at the moment," Wozniacki said of her brother, Patrik. "He's there with his girlfriend working a little bit here and there. He used to travel quite a lot - quite a bit last year - but before that he never really travelled that much. So he always had his own thing going. That's good for him, not just to travel around. He enjoyed it for a long period, but now I think he just wants to do his own thing.

"He's going to do the FIFA license now. I don't know when the exam is, but apparently it's very tough to pass it. Hopefully he'll have that FIFA agent license so that he can do that as a full-time job.

"He's enjoying life and having a good time. I'll probably see him after I'm done here in the US."

Wozniacki is only 22 years old but already has a wealth of experience behind her - 20 WTA titles, 67 weeks at No.1 in the world - she was also asked whether she felt something like a veteran on tour.

"I've definitely started feeling like one of the more experienced players, more as a veteran, even though I'm still only 22," she replied. "When you've been somewhere seven times already like I have been here at Indian Wells, it just puts things in perspective. I've been on tour for so long and played so many matches, and it's great. It's just great that I've been able to go so strong in tennis for so long."

Wozniacki leads Petrova in their head-to-head, 4-2, but in their last meeting - which was in fact their only meeting in 2012, and in the last match of the WTA season, too - Petrova dominated, 62 61.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...zniacki-awaits
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3214
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
EB is a bad paper sometimes but they don't jump om the "wagan" telling about the possible breakup like the danish paper BT did...

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1932768.ece

But this article is mainly just what have been posted here...
EB is on the clean up, no doubt because it's now part of the JP/Politiken group. Swedish owned BT on the other hand, just gets worse by the day...
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3215
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

BNP PARIBAS OPEN

March 11, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

C. WOZNIACKI/E. Vesnina
6‑2, 6‑1
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=87293

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3216
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
What Rory and Caro did next..

It would slot in right between 'What Jordan did next' and TOWIE. But before 'Peter Andre' and 'Paris Hilton's British BFF' .. I am laughing in real life just thinking about all the incredible crappy ITV reality shows. .. Jade's PA. They also had one about Kerry Katona .. .. and of course all Simon Cowell's sheit .. To paraphrase Carlsberg : If Carlsberg made the shittiest TV Network in the world ... *zooms to a photo of the ITV head office* ..
OMG, that name is just so... fitting I wouldnt be surprised if they hadn't been approached by some TV people with an offer.
Oh, the bad old crap TV The worse it is the more people like it. I have to confess that I like watching soapdocs and those creepy documentaries. Jordan & Pete are a bit too much for me although I enjoy mental chewing gum kind of programs,too.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3217
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

March 12, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

C. WOZNIACKI/N. Petrova
7‑6, 6‑3

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=87336

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #3218
country flag CWTennis

Cronin's article!

Two years gone: Azarenka and Wozniacki will finally clash again
http://t.co/w2ho3i4TxV

Where did he see Caro hanging out with Ivanovic

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #3219
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Cronin's article!

Two years gone: Azarenka and Wozniacki will finally clash again
http://t.co/w2ho3i4TxV

Where did he see Caro hanging out with Ivanovic
Maybe at some sponsor event as they're both sponsored by Addidas and Yonex. I did read (I think it was over a year ago) that Caro was gonna ask Ana about what type of shoes to wear on the golf course as Ana had also dated a golfer. Beyond that I don't recall seeing any pictures or hearing about interaction between the two of them.

I don't know about any interactions with Hantuchova either other than practicing together. Caro has practiced with a number of players though.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3220
country flag CWTennis

^^ since Caro has Rory she rarely spends time with other players off the court!

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #3221
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
In a lot of ways that was vintage Woz. Mixes it up, gets a great player off her game, digs out a W. The woman can make sausage. #bnppo13

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger" plays after. Maybe "Higher Floatier Slower Moonier" would be more appropriate... #bnppo13 -> got that one right
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #3222
marineblue

Sam Gore ‏@sambgore
So glad to see Wozniacki gut out the win. She's so easy to pull for/like! Hope she also gets that elusive Slam at some point
Followed by Matt Cronin and 1 other

Sam Gore might be in danger of losing a follower
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #3223
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

"She was moving better and hit the ball a little bit higher," the German left-hander said.
Not harder or more precise but higher!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wozniac...7544--ten.html
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #3224
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Here is a fine article about moonballing worth reading:

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...-of-moonballs/
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3225
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova: Wozniacki is a grinder

Sharapova has prepared herself well for Wozniacki's game and expects to have to work hard in tonight's final in Indian Wells.

When Caroline Woznacki tonight at 2000 hours Danish time goes on the pitch in the final of Indian Wells it is against a well prepared Russian Maria Sharapova.

Marathon games from the end line, tempo changes and lobs is some of what awaits Sharapova.

- She's a grinder. She makes you work hard on the field and gets many balls back and have great variety in her game.

- I certainly will not give her the chance to play her game, because she is a really good player. She's dangerous when she gets the opportunity to open the court and make you to run from side to side, says Maria Sharapova.

Ready for moonballs

Sharapova has already been through a few grueling matches during the tournament.

- I've certainly had to work for all my points here. I also feel that I might have done things a little harder than necessary. I forced several errors myself, says Maria Sharapova, who is also impressed with the balloon balls Wozniacki has served in the tournament.

- It was quite interesting. They were really high and were inside. It was really well done, and I do not think I can do the same, says Sharapova.

She is ready with a recipe for preventing the unusual balls.

- Usually when your opponent has time to hit higher balls or spin, it means that you give them the time, says Sharapova.

Wozniacki enjoys tournament

Sharapova leads 4-2 H2H against the Dane, who won the tournament in 2011. Wozniacki's most recent victory was also in Indian Wells.

Wozniacki is in the finals for the third time in the tournament.

- I really enjoy playing here, and you can see it. I have had good results here before and again this year. So one more match.

- I think I have run and worked and played really well this week. I have gotten to many balls and felt comfortable. It's a good week so far, says Wozniacki.

Original article here: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../17/131256.htm
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote