Articles and Interviews - Page 213 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #3181
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS WOMEN

February 19, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

C. WOZNIACKI/L. Safarova
6‑2, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. That could have been a lot tougher, couldn't it?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It definitely could. Last time it was a lot tougher, 7‑6 in the third, and I lost.
In general I felt the ball pretty well. I feel the ball sometimes fly here a little bit, but I thought that it was okay today.
The serves maybe ‑‑serves and returns were quite tricky. I found they're going a little bit far, but I don't know. Probably just the first match, need to get into the rhythm, and, yeah, I mean, no matches are easy here. The draw is pretty packed with good players.

Q. Generally there is a wind factor here, but today do you think that it was calmer and easier?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Today was perfect to play in. It was not too hot, it was not too cold, it was not windy at all. There was no sun disturbing, so you couldn't ask for better conditions.

Q. Vika had to pull out today because of a bone bruise. It's sort of taken it a step further the thing that Rafa keeps banging on about, too many tournaments on hard courts. You love hard courts. What's your view on them?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I love hard courts, and I think hard courts, it's great. I don't think they should change anything. Maybe put extra few tournaments on grass, as well, which is gonna happen.
But Vika pulled out of this tournament last year, as well. So, yeah, she's had a good run so far this year, so I think she was tired, as well, and maybe needed a little break.

Q. Do hard courts beat up the body, though? You don't appear to have too many problems with it.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I'm fine. You know, as long as you watch out for your body and as long as you do a lot of work to prepare for yourself, because obviously ‑‑I think the worst thing is when you change surface, when you go from hard court to clay, or the worst is when you go from clay court to grass, because your butt and your legs and everything is so sore afterwards, your lower back.
I think once you're on hard court and you keep playing on it, I don't feel really a difference. Plus they put a cushion underneath the court, which helps it a little bit, I guess.

Q. You will play Jie Zheng next round. Can you talk about the matchup?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Who am I playing?

Q. Zheng Jie.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Okay. Yeah, I mean, a player who plays flat, fast, returns well. You know, she played well in Australia, at the Australian Open. She beat Sam. I watched that match, and, you know, I was impressed by the way she was playing.
You know, I know that I have to be on my toes, on my feet all the time. That's it, basically.

Q. You seem very fit. Am I correct in saying that you've lost some weight?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, it's funny, because everyone keeps telling me that, Oh, you look so skinny, you look so skinny. I'm starting to think if I was fat before.
But, you know, I just take it as a compliment. I guess it's good when people think you lost weight and look fit. I have worked a lot off the court.
Definitely it's a lot of hard work. It doesn't just go off because I don't eat. I love food too much.

Q. Do you monitor your weight?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, in periods. In periods it's important, especially in the offseason, seeing how your body reacts to the training. And also, sometimes if it's extremely hot out there, just to see before and after the match how much you have lost.
But usually I don't really‑‑ other than that, I don't really monitor it. You feel‑‑ you know with your body how you feel, if you're in a good weight for playing tennis, because obviously, you know, if I wasn't playing tennis, then maybe I would have been skinnier because you don't do anything because all the muscle would come off. You have to think about being a tennis player first out there.

Q. What's the most weight you have lost during the match?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, I mean, I have tried to lose a couple of kilos, which is bad because you should basically just keep the same weight. So keep drinking.
The last few years I have been really good and just, you know, keep refilling. Usually it stays pretty similar.

Q. We have seen pictures and tweets of you at Wild Wadi. Apparently there was a bet going on or a dare or something. Have you decided on the next one?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No, I just think I'm competitive. And, you know, I knew that Rory hadn't tried the new slide, so I was like, Okay, I have to do it first. I know he would be a little bit scared to do it, so don't tell anyone. Or actually, do. (Laughter.)
Q. And you weren't?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No, I wasn't scared at all. I just did it, jumped at it.

Q. How is tonight's match? How do you feel for the rest of the tournament?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It's nice to be in the tournament, and, you know, Lucie is a tough opponent. She tries to take the ball really early, really fast. It's tricky to play a left‑hander, as well.
So for me I'm just happy to be through, and I felt that there was quite a few positives to take from the match but also a few things I can improve.

Q. What are they?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: The serve and the return a little bit today. Could maybe have improved a little bit.

Q. You obviously won here two years ago, semifinalist last year. Does that sort of history, when you come back, does that sort of give you confidence knowing you've gone deep in this tournament twice before?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, definitely. You know, it's a great tournament for me. I really enjoy playing here, and I think Dubai is a great place. I have quite a few friends here, as well, and just ‑‑yeah, I enjoy it. I think that's the most important thing is that you enjoy to go some places.
There are a few places where I just know, Okay, we have to go there again. You know, it shows in the results as well. If you're not 100% ready and rested or happy, everything annoys you, and then you can't do well.

Q. Where are they exactly?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, if you look at my results, I think you'll have a pretty clear view. (Smiling.)

Q. What's it like for you at the moment seeing Serena and Vika sort of jousting for the No. 1 spot? Not much more than a year ago you were there yourself. Do you look at it or put it out of your mind and think, I'm focusing on my game and want to get better?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: For me, I just focus on my own game. I think it's great that Serena, you know, is back at No. 1, the oldest No. 1 ever.
So, I mean, after everything she's gone through, you know, I think the fighting spirit she's shown and, you know, she almost didn't lose a match the second half of last year. You know, it's impressive.
Vika has been playing well, as well. So I just focus on myself, basically. I do what I want to do out there, and right now I'm not really close to that No. 1 spot, but, you know, you never know with tennis. In half a year maybe I will be; maybe not. You never know.

Q. Besides the ranking, do you feel your level is close to them?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I haven't played them for a while, but the last time I played Serena I beat her. No, I didn't, actually. I got completely killed at the Olympics.
I'd rather forget that.

Q. You almost did.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It's tough to say. They obviously play well because they're winning a lot of tournaments. Their level of play is obviously very high.
For me, I'm just really enjoying the tennis and happy to be out there, basically, you know. I think at one point it was just a job and going and playing, but I feel like I've gotten that hunger back and that enjoyment of the game.

Q. When exactly was it a job and you just went out there and...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, at one point, it was like, Okay, you have done so much in such a short time. Every camera and every person's eyes on you all the time, and there's media, there's sponsors, there is fans, there's everything. You want to please everyone and do your best out there on court.
You know, all of a sudden I was going to practice, and I was like, Okay, I'm winning almost everything at the moment, you know, and you need to motivate yourself, and all of a sudden you don't win as much. You're like, Oh, it's not as fun as it used to be. You just need to step up and say, Okay, you do what you love and you enjoy what you do.
You know, I just feel like I have really gotten that hunger back and that enjoyment of the game like when I was a little kid. You know, I just wanted to play. I just wanted to be out there.

Q. This is the first time in four years that you've played the first round here. Before it's always been you have had a bye. Did that work to your advantage that you're not being sort of inserted into the tournament pretty cold, as it were, and you have actually had a game beforehand?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I like the bye. I like playing bye. I have positive records with byes. (Laughter.)
If I could, I'd play byes until the finals, but unfortunately that's not possible.
Obviously I would have preferred to have a bye and just, you know, get into the second round. If you win one match you're in the quarters already.
But saying that, seeing Kuzy or Daniela, they have to play three matches and then they're only in the main draw and then they have to play another I don't know how many matches if they keep winning.
It's like just be happy and play one more match. It's fine. I won, so that's okay.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86657

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #3182
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of
I like that she says that she has that hunger back. Gives me a bit more hope for positive results.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3183
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

^was just thinking that...a great sign and so far on court, even last week, I can sense that hunger more

Ain't no SUNSHINE when she's gone
Bonfire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3184
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

very funny interview tbh

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3185
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

MARADONA WANTS DEL POTRO COACHING GIG; STAR STRUCK BY WOZNIACKI
http://www.sport360.com/tennis/marad...ruck-wozniacki

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM   #3186
country flag CWTennis

February 20, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

C. WOZNIACKI/J. Zheng
6‑0, 6‑1

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Well, you clearly have comeback, haven't you?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, it was a good one out there, I thought. Yeah, I definitely had the advantage on my own serves. I felt like, you know, I put the pressure on her straightaway, and on her returns, as well, I stepped into the court.
I think she felt the pressure a little bit and went for a bit too much in the end.

Q. You're through to the quarterfinals with the loss of only five games, I think it is. That's pretty good form heading in. Must be pretty pleased with the tournament so far?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, definitely. I'm definitely pleased. It's such a tough tournament, so many great players here.
You know, to be through to the quarterfinals and be through in two sets in both matches is definitely very pleasing.

Q. It's interesting, because the coaching thing, you appear to be absolutely cruising, 6‑Love first set, no problems. But your dad still comes on.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah. You know, in those situations it's more just because we practice on a lot of things. He just gives me some pointers, what I need to remember what we have practiced on and what can be improved still, because, you know, in the end of the day, doesn't matter if you win 6‑Love or 6‑3, in the end of the day you want to win but you also want to try to put in a few of the things that you have been practicing on. That's mostly the point in that case.

Q. The fifth time you played together. You haven't played each other for a few years. Do you feel her level maybe drop a little bit compared to...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, it's tough for me because she's been playing four matches already. She played three matches in quallies and one match in the main draw. This was her fifth match. I'm sure she was a bit tired and maybe, you know ‑‑I don't know. She felt the pressure out there and it went my way.
I definitely think ‑‑you can tell she has hard shots. She can go in and really put the pressure on you, so, you know, you never know next time we play what's gonna happen.

Q. Last two weeks your tennis has been really good, as you said in Doha and even last night. What are you most happy with about your game that is kind of, you know, really getting you back to the way you want to play?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I think I'm making the right decisions on court in terms of where I play the ball and, you know, not force myself to do things that aren't necessary.
Yeah, I think that's mostly it, you know, the understanding of the game. And again, just enjoying to be out there.

Q. In terms of just your style of play, I mean, what makes your style ‑‑is it pretty much‑‑ has it changed a lot than maybe a year or two ago or it's just a different way of thinking?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I think it's the same way of thinking as I did one or two years ago. I just think, you know, at one point maybe, you know, you don't feel as comfortable out there on court, and all of a sudden you feel the pressure to do something that is unnecessary. Then you make mistakes on maybe some important points, and that point can turn out and you lose the match.
So I just feel, you know, I feel like I'm back on track to how I used to play, as well.

Q. Why do you think that is? I mean, why do you feel more calm not overdoing it and...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I think you always learn. I learned a lot last year, and I think I learned a lot about myself and my game and about my team. For me, the most important thing is that I have a great team around me, that I feel comfortable. You know, that I have my family there is very important to me because they have always been so close. Again, the fact that you actually are happy to be out there.

Q. When was it last year that you really felt off‑track, that you really weren't ‑‑ around what sort of tournaments?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I don't know. I think, you know, I have a little bit ‑‑I had a little bit of a sickness and small injuries going into the clay season. You know, then the results weren't there as I wanted them to. I retired in a couple of matches.
It just brings you down because you can't practice the way you want to and you can't play the way you want to after that.
You know, after that, I just don't think it's too much fun to be out there when you know you're not going to play up to your best level. I always fight, I always want to do my best, but when you know your best is way better than what you're performing, then it's not very pleasing.
I think just in the middle last year around that clay season.

Q. That extended through the French, Wimbledon, and the Olympics?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Actually, I think I played really well at Wimbledon even though I only got one match. But, Tamira Paszek just went in, and I had match points, and she smacked a few balls and it could have gone either way. She reached the quarters. She won Eastbourne.
I thought I played really well there. Olympics I thought I played some great tennis, as well. I lost in the quarters to Serena, but, you know...

Q. Just about everyone was...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Everyone. I can't remember if I got two or three games, but no one got more than that, so...
Yeah, then I actually felt I played really well in the hard court season. I think just that period in like the clay, clay season...

Q. Madrid, Rome?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Madrid, Rome. Stuttgart I had a back injury. So, I mean, I felt like, Come on. Let me just get over this and let's move on.
Then again, I felt my knee in ‑‑ the tournament that I have won four times, where is that? New Haven. And I had to withdraw and retire in the semifinals, which was unfortunate.
I actually, after that, I felt I hit the ball well in practice a few days before the US Open, and then I went out and didn't play well. It was really frustrating. It wasn't the knee. It wasn't anything. It was just‑‑ I don't know. I still don't know exactly what happened there.
So, you know, I think Wimbledon and US Open were quite disappointing for me, because first‑round losses definitely weren't fun. But then after that again I felt like I played well in Asia. There is nothing bad that doesn't turn out to be something good.
I had a good training period after the US Open. Actually I took 10 days off while everyone else was playing. I went back and was ready, fit, and worked really hard on a few aspects of my game and finished off the year strong.
So, yeah, that pretty much sums up my year, I think.

Q. Serena next possibly. How do you approach that if that were to be the case in the quarterfinal?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Obviously she's a great player. You know, she's won so many tournaments, many Grand Slams. For me, I just need to think about myself, what I need to do out there.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I need to serve well and return well. But she needs to beat Bartoli today, which is not an easy task.

Q. Going on last night, you said you could improve slightly your serve and your return. It was like a 1 and 0 scoreline. Is that the improvement you were looking for?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, for sure. I definitely think I did better today, for sure.

Q. If you do face Serena, I mean, as you said, I mean, like the Olympics when she's playing, she's such a dominant player. Everyone probably must go out there and think, I'm facing Serena. How do you kind of put that to rest and just focus on your game? Must be a little harder with her than a lot of players?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Well, to be honest, if you go out on court and you believe the opponent is better than yourself, you might as well not go out there because you've lost the match before you play.
I always go in and believe I'm the better player. On the day, you never know what happens.
So, you know, I beat her for the first time last year, which was a great achievement for me. You know, yeah, everyone, as I said, at the Olympics, everyone pretty much got killed there. You know, I think hard courts maybe it's a little bit of a better surface to play her on.

Q. You beat her in Miami 6‑4, 6‑4 on hard court. That must give you confidence. What did you do better there against her which you felt you maybe had not done before?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I served really good. I served extremely well. I served a lot of first serves, and I put the pressure on her serve if she didn't get her first serve in. Then basically ran a lot of balls down and aggressive where I had to be.
It was a really good match for me.

Q. Last year with injuries and stuff, obviously it sounds like that's completely gone. The confidence is back even compared to last year here in Dubai. Seems you've just got a lot more confidence in your game, and it's showing.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah. You know, I think it's just nice for me just to play and not to think about anything else than just the next ball that I'm supposed to hit over the net and inside the lines, just keep it simple, because once you start thinking too much about things, it gets complicated.
I think that also, you know, also in just normal life, if you start thinking too much about things, it starts messing with your head.
Just live in the moment, just play, and that's it. There's always a life after tennis, and there's a life if you lose the match, and there's always the next tournament. That's the good thing about tennis.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86671

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM   #3187
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki was particularly troubled by one shot: "Usually girls have a first serve and a second serve, but Marion doesn't have a second serve, she has two first serves!"

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-week-in-dubai
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:06 PM   #3188
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Extracts from an article in Ekstrabladet/Ritzau about Vika and Serena:

Serena Williams, world Nummer one, and Victoria Azarenka, world #2, have both been fined by WTA in connection with the ongoing Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.

American Williams, who Wednesday short before her 1/8-final against Marion Bartoli chose to pull out because of a back injury, has had a fine of 50,000 dollars.

Belarusian Azarenka has had a fine of 100,000 dollar,after she withdrew from the tournament Monday.

Azarenka is punished harder, because it is the second year in a row, that she draws herself from the tournament before beginning and after the commitment has ended.

Both Williams and Azarenka are further punished in the rankings. One of the tournaments which are used to make the rankings will be a zeropointer the WTA says.

here is the address : http://ekstrabladet.dk/s...nnis/article1924988.ece

I can only say that it's on time something is happening with the fake withdrawals.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM   #3189
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's good that they were fined. These smaller tournaments rely on star players and it's not fair that they let them down. I think they both knew they were going to withdraw when they signed up.

Having said that,it's a bit sad that their bad attitude is supported by some of the sports 'legends' and fans.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3190
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting delusions by Matt Cronin to lift up the mood. He never disappoints:

Guy McCrea ‏@GuyMcCreaTennis
@TennisReporters Yes. Also Maria. But fact remains Matt, however much you talk her up - Caro still didn't take a set off either Aga or Petra

2 hrs Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
@GuyMcCreaTennis What u dont get Guy is that me talking her up far more important 2 her future than whether she takes a set off PK or AR
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3191
country flag CWTennis

February 21, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

C. WOZNIACKI/M. Bartoli
4‑6, 6‑1, 6‑4

THE MODERATOR: Questions?

Q. How did you turn that around after losing that first set?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It was disappointing to lose that first set after I had been up, and I really felt like I should have won that. But then to turn it around and really play good and play aggressively‑‑ and I felt like she couldn't really do much in that second set because I was all over it.
And in the third set, down 2‑Love, could have been 3‑Love and all of a sudden it's not looking too good, but I just kept fighting and every game was close but I ended up winning it.

Q. What was the code violation for coaching? You seemed a bit mystified by it. What's your take on that?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I'm not sure if it's coaching if I talk to the coach, but apparently that's new rules, so I guess that I can't say anything either nowadays.

Q. So your dad didn't say anything to you or...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Well, I was telling him things, and all of a sudden I hear I get a code violation. I'm like, Okay.
There's not much you can do about it, but, you know, even if he speaks English, she's like, Oh, you can't say anything. Everyone else can say, Come on, and, Well played, just like that, but...
Yeah. That's how it is, I guess.

Q. Does it make it difficult not to communicate when your coach is right next to you on the court rather than up in the box somewhere?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I don't know. To be honest, I don't really think about it. I just ‑‑I think you're just in the moment, and, yeah.

Q. Did your dad nod or acknowledge what you were saying at any state in that exchange? Did he...
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Nope. Usually when I talk to him, he usually attempts to just ignore it. (Laughter.)
Q. Were you telling him how to coach?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: (Laughter.) I was telling him what I was doing wrong. There's not much he can say because he knows that if he says yes, then he's in trouble, and if he says no, he's in trouble too.
It's one of these points where it's better just not to say anything. I just say, Come on. Let's go.

Q. Your first two matches obviously, they weren't as strenuous as tonight. Do you welcome a tough test, considering you're in the semis now and it's going to get harder from here whether you face Kvitova or Radwanska, that you need to be tested perhaps before you get there?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, I think everyone in this tournament is really high level and it's high standard of tennis. You know, you have to really be ready from the first match. I mean, Safarova, last time I played her before here I lost 7‑6 in the third.
You know, I don't know what the cut was here, but I think it was like 30 or something like that. So it's a crazy cut and you just have to go with the flow, basically.

Q. How would you rate your game right now compared to the days you were No. 1? Do you feel you're coming back up there?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, I always get asked questions to compare. I don't remember. I have a very bad memory. I don't remember how I was playing. But at the moment I'm winning, so I guess that's good enough.

Q. Do you feel it was a high quality match?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, I thought it was a very high quality match. Usually girls have a first serve and a second serve, but Marion doesn't have a second serve. She has two first serves. It's difficult to go in and attack from that. Both serves are at least 150 or 160Ks.
So you just need to be on your toes. She steps in, she's in the court on your serves, as well. You feel the pressure. But you just need to be ready and you know it's coming fast at you.

Q. She's been in here for quite a long time and she was stressing her determination really to get much, much, much fitter. If she was much, much, much fitter, how good a player could she really be?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I don't know. I mean, it's so difficult to say. You know, Marion has ‑‑with the body she has, she hits the ball, you know, extremely hard. She runs well.
You know, obviously she has a smaller reach because she has two hands on both sides. But, you know, Marion, I think when you look at her as a tennis player, she's extremely fit out there. I think I work hard, and I work a lot of hours out there, but Marion, you know, she works at least, even at a tournament, three hours before she plays a match, you know.
If you're not fit, you can't do that. I have to say Marion is ‑‑I have a lot of respect for her work ethic and the way she still is so determined. I mean, she's been on the tour for so many years, and she still loves the game equally as much and is still as determined as she was 10 years ago.

Q. Are there many players who hit the ball harder than her?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I don't think there's many players that hit it harder than her. Kvitova is another girl that hits the ball very hard. You know, Serena sometimes, but she plays with more spin so the ball bounces a bit higher.
Sharapova plays it pretty similar, very flat. I'm not sure. Hantuchova. That's probably what you can compare to, because Serena and Azarenka play with a little bit more spin so the ball has a little bit different flight on it.

Q. You were talking earlier about how much you were enjoying your tennis now. Is that partly down to the fact that perhaps you're under the radar at the moment, not being No. 1, not having questions about winning Grand Slams and stuff? Is that part of it? Do you look at Vika now and think, you know, from the outside, think, oh, thank God that's not me at the moment?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No, not really. As far as I know, Vika is not No. 1. I think Serena is No. 1. Yeah.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86715

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #3192
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

WEDDING BELLS CAN WAIT

FORMER world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki said today she and Rory Mcllroy have not made any marriage plans.

Mcllroy and the former world No. 1 tennis player have been dating for the last 19 months and Wozniacki has been wearing a huge diamond ring on her left hand ring finger since December.

She denied it is an engagement ring and said Danish women often wear wedding rings on their right hand instead.

Asked if she has had made any marriage plans, the 22-year-old said: “I think that question will be for him (Rory) to answer.

“I enjoyed everything that’s happening right now and how things are.

“Marriage? We’re still young and we have many years in front of us.”

Pressed if she would accept a proposal from the 23-year-old Northern Irishman, she laughed and said that was too personal a question to answer.

An avid golfer, world No. 10 Wozniacki said she is too smart to take on Mcllroy, but revealed he has played tennis with her.

“(Playing golf) wouldn’t be a smart thing to do,” she joked before adding: ‘We’ve played (tennis) twice and I’m leading 2-0. I think I can beat him lefthanded!”

Wozniacki also gave her opinion on the wildly popular ‘Harlem Shake’.

“I actually think it’s stupid. Rory sent me a few links on that…I’m not sure if it’s just me. I don’t know, but that’s not my style!”

Turning serious, Wozniacki said she is confident her beloved Liverpool will be challenging for honours next season after finishing the year empty-handed.

“They have been playing good football but have not had the luck in front of goal.

“I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they are challenging for honours,” said the top seed at this week’s BMW Malaysian Open.
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #3193
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Wozniacki also gave her opinion on the wildly popular ‘Harlem Shake’.

“I actually think it’s stupid. Rory sent me a few links on that…I’m not sure if it’s just me. I don’t know, but that’s not my style!”
No, Caroline. It's not just you.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #3194
country flag CWTennis

Daily Deuce: Tennis stars’ Oscar picks
http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainme...yi0YBt.twitter
Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki
Being with my friends and family and my boyfriend [golfer Rory McIlroy].
On the Oscars: I actually haven’t seen any of the films yet, but I’ve heard good things about Les Miserables and Life of Pi, so I may try to catch them soon. Two very different movies.

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3195
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Out of the nominated films this year...those two were the ones I wanted to see the most Caro and I are just like this

Ain't no SUNSHINE when she's gone
Bonfire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote