Articles and Interviews - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #3166
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...ed-stil-i-doha

According to this article, Caro also took pain killers, when the trainer re-strapped her ankle.

Bit worrying and could suggest, the larger-than-usual ankle strapping is more than just 'preventive'.
Ugh. And Caro is just in the 1st of 6 tournaments in a row that she's playing plus two exhibitions.

Maybe Caro should withdraw from Dubai next week to give her ankle a chance to improve.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #3167
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ugh. And Caro is just in the 1st of 6 tournaments in a row that she's playing plus two exhibitions.

Maybe Caro should withdraw from Dubai next week to give her ankle a chance to improve.
When she was falling apart, I was thinking that she is wasting some healthy years..
Yeah, she probably should pull out of everything after Doha & before IW.
If she's not healthy for IW/Miami after a weak January, this is going to be a rough first half of the year. In 2012 she didnt get to a QF the whole clay season. Then lost round 1 at Eastbourne & Wimbledon.
So no reason to expect much in 2013 on clay/grass
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #3168
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the source is this information really true? Maybe the injury isn't as serious as they suggest which would be nothing out of the ordinary with the journalists.

Anyhow, hopefully she's feeling well enough to play. It would be a shame if she had to withdraw as both Doha & Dubai offer a good opportunity to improve her ranking.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3169
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Considering the source is this information really true?
It's not being sensationalized, just a matter of fact comment. Caro took a couple of pain killers, when the trainer had a look at her ankle strapping.

Read into it, what you please.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #3170
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
It's not being sensationalized, just a matter of fact comment. Caro took a couple of pain killers, when the trainer had a look at her ankle strapping.

Read into it, what you please.
I am not reading into the message. It's just that the Danish press and Caro's team aren't exactly the best of friends and sometimes there's been false news.

Anyway,I'm keeping my fingers crossed that GM will have something to moan about tonight.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3171
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

The 7-6 (6), 6-3 scoreline of Caroline Wozniacki’s win over Mona Barthel today sounds fairly routine, but underneath the numbers this match was as turbulent and unpredictable as the wind that swirled around the second show court in Doha. There were comebacks and chokes, easy winners and ugly misses, bad calls and pointless arguments. There was even a father who joined in the action from the stands.

It was a contest between one player, Barthel, who goes for broke, and another, Wozniacki, who goes for almost nothing. Midway through the first set, I began to think that if you could put the best aspects of these two together—Barthel’s casual power with Wozniacki’s cussed consistency—you’d have a heckuva player. The advantage between them swung back and forth every few games, but the way the rallies played out was just the way you would have expected. The points, for better and mostly, in the end, for worse, were on Barthel’s racquet.

Two games can serve as a microcosm. With Wozniacki serving at 2-1 in the first set, and again 3-1 in the second, Barthel earned multiple break points. To get to them, she blistered forehand returns past Wozniacki; then, with a chance to break and a second serve staring her in the face and crying “Hit me!” she missed. Each time Wozniacki dug her way out to hold, and then broke serve herself in the following game. If you’re looking for one thing to explain this match, Barthel’s inability to convert break points will do. She was 3 for 16.

Barthel, a young German talent, had been playing lights-out tennis recently. She won in Paris two weeks ago, and rolled past her higher-ranked countrywoman Angelique Kerber in her opening round here. But a windy day, and an opponent as steady as Wozniacki, brought her back to earth. Lik her other fellow countrywomen, Sabine Lisicki and Julia Georges, Barthel is terminally hit and miss. She was just as inconsistent today when she tried to rally as she was when she went for everything. There’s a lot to like in her game; she has a good first serve, a nice crosscourt forehand pass, and, when she was loose, she made hitting winners past Wozniacki from the baseline look like child’s play. But her height can work against on low balls and wide balls, and Wozniacki, who mostly stayed away from Barthel's lethal backhand, gave her just enough of both. At 22, the mellow Mona remains a raw talent.

She was certainly a contrast, in demeanor as much as style, with Wozniacki. Caroline, who had won their previous two meetings in straight sets and didn’t want that record to change, was as feisty as ever today. She argued every close call that went against her. She threw her hands in the air as she walked toward the chair umpire. She bashed the net with her racquet. In the second set, her even feistier father, Piotr, got in on the action by arguing her case with the ump from the stands. He was finally asked to leave by security, but he wouldn't budge.

Still, I thought the most revealing thing that his daughter said today was something she muttered to herself. Down 3-4 in the first set tiebreaker, and having just lost four straight points, Wozniacki sent an easy backhand return long. It was an uncharacteristic miss, and she told herself, “Stupid mistake!” It was as if, despite being on the verge of blowing the first set, Wozniacki knew that if she could just keep the ball in play, she would still be in control. Other players dictate with power; she dictates with consistency. And she was right. She stopped missing while Barthel started again, and Wozniacki came back to win the breaker 8-6.

Next up is a player, and sometime friend and rival, Agnieszka Radwanska, who will try to control things with consistency herself. We’ll see who the boss of that one is.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #3172
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

QATAR TOTAL OPEN

February 13, 2013

Caroline Wozniacki

DOHA, QATAR

C. WOZNIACKI/S. Cirstea
7‑6, 6‑0

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You saved about four set points in the tiebreak. Do you feel that that kind of crushed her spirit or something? Because then it went really easy after that.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, it definitely helped me. You know, I knew that I had to have a good start in the second set, and then once I had that, I could see that she maybe lost a little bit of the belief in it.
I think I played a very good match today, as well, in the first, second set. She also came up with some good shots.

Q. In a match like this where you did come back like that, what do you take away? Your game seems to be really on. You're moving on the court well. What are you liking about the way you're playing?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I like everything, actually. I like the way I move. I like the way I feel on the court, the way I make the decisions on the court where to play it.
Yeah, I think I'm serving, returning well. And even in this wind, which is difficult, I still managed to hit some great shots.

Q. It was tough in the first set partly because of the score pressure and also because of the wind. What did you tell yourself to do to turn that around?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, I think it was difficult for both of us with the wind. She took advantage of the wind, as well, and, you know, served some good serves.
She was ahead in the tiebreaker, had four set points, but I managed to turn it around and, you know, maybe just went for it. I didn't have‑‑ in the end, I was like, Okay, I just have to go for it here, because otherwise she is and it hasn't worked out in the tiebreaker.
So I went up and played some great points, and in the second set I came off really strongly and probably just ‑‑she probably crushed the last of her beliefs in that match.

Q. You were able to relax more in the second set having got through that first one?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I actually felt pretty relaxed in both sets today. I felt like I went out and played some good tennis. She came out with some good tennis to come out and lead. I was, Okay, I have to keep going. If she plays this level all the way through, it's just too good. I just waited for my chance.

Q. You had two very good years obviously in 2010 and 2011. 2012 was not so good for you. Can you say how you reviewed that year and what sort of plan that you made to look forward to this year?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I actually think I have had maybe four or five good years. You know, finishing 12 in the world, finishing 4 in the world, finishing 1 two times and finishing 10, you know, I think there is a lot of players out there who would wish to be in my position.
You know, obviously after being No. 1 for two years straight and then finishing 10, you know, maybe for some people that can be very disappointing, but for me, you know, I was just really proud of the way I finished off the year strongly with winning a couple of tournaments. And, you know, to be honest, I just enjoy what I do and hopefully, you know, this year I can do well again.

Q. You always have this positive attitude towards your game, which is great. But you were in the point sometimes where you were winning so many titles back to back. What do you think is the key difference in your game now compared to the time when you were winning so many titles?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: I don't think there is anything to be negative about in my life at the moment, you know. I'm playing tennis, I love what I do, I don't have the pressure of having to earn money this week, to be able to travel next week or‑‑ you know, I just play.
You know, I work hard, I have ambitions. And I want to be the best player in the world again, obviously, but, you know, I just take one week at a time. And right now I feel like I'm feeling my game again the way it has been in the past. I'm feeling like I'm getting there.
I think the difference is just sometimes to believe or sometimes‑‑ you know, I have scrambled some matches, turned them around being down match points or set points like today and turned them around and won tournaments. You know, last year I had a couple of tough losses where I had match points, especially in the beginning of the year here I lost 7‑6 in the third after having match points. I lost after having match points a couple of more times.
You know, those are the matches you need to take advantage of.

Q. Your next is against Mona Barthel. Can you just talk about her? She's having a few good weeks.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, she started off the year well. She won the tournament in Paris and obviously giving her some confidence. She's a player that I've played before. Also, last time I had a tough match against her in Madrid.
She's a player that serves well. She goes in and plays very flat, very deep. So it's all about just making her move and not letting her dictate too much.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86494

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #3173
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

^^Link, please (Trey).
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #3174
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
^^Link, please (Trey).
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UR1GdFJt150

sorry about that

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #3175
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki: What's love got to do with it?

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/tenn...#ixzz2L2vjeOc2

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #3176
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

About dad as coach http://tennis.si.com/2013/02/14/piot...ps/#more-29853
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #3177
country flag CWTennis

The Time Out Interview: Caroline Wozniacki
http://www.timeoutkl.com/sport/artic...line-Wozniacki

Wozniacki says Serena is an inspiration
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1738282

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #3178
country flag CWTennis

Making a splash! Caroline Wozniacki tries her hand at surfing ahead of the WTA Dubai Tennis Championships

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2LGnvHNK3

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3179
country flag CWTennis

Caroline Wozniacki tackles fears at Wild Wadi
http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/car...TTEV3Y.twitter

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #3180
country flag CWTennis

Quotable Quotes: This & That In Dubai
Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki
On Serena becoming No.1 again...
"I think it's great that Serena is back at No.1. After everything she's gone through, the fighting spirit she's shown, she almost didn't lose a match the second half of last year - it's impressive."

On whether she feels close to the level Serena and Azarenka are at...

"Right now I'm not really close to that No.1 spot, but you never know with tennis - in half a year maybe I will be; maybe not. I haven't played Serena or Vika for a while, but the last time I played against Serena I beat her - no I didn't actually, I got completely killed at the Olympics. I'd rather forget that!"
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-that-in-dubai