Articles and Interviews - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #16
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of
Re: Articles and Interviews

The Danish Darling
Written by Asley Medley | Staff Writer Wednesday, 17 December 2008
Caroline Wozniacki’s tennis and modeling career on the rise

Caroline Wozniacki’s svelte figure, long blond hair and winsome smile make her look more like a model than a professional tennis player. But watch her in action and it’s clear why the 18-year-old is currently ranked 13th in the world.

Wozniacki was in Louisville last week for Rock-n-Racquets, a tennis exhibition at Freedom Hall.

Wozniacki’s love of sports, especially tennis began at an early age. Wozniacki, a native of Denmark, began playing tennis at age 7.

“My brother started playing tennis and other sports and I always did what he did,” she said. “I really fell in love with tennis.”

Wozniacki is hardly the first professional athlete in her family. Her brother, Patrik, is a professional soccer player in Denmark; her father and coach, Pitor, played soccer in Denmark and Poland and her mother, Anna, played volleyball for the Polish National Team.

Wozniacki made her professional debut in 2005 at age 15. Her first professional singles title came in 2004 when she was the singles winner at the Osaka Mayor’s Cup in Japan, and she’s been on a roll ever since.

Wozniacki’s biggest wins include the 2005 Orange Bowl, 2007 Mirage Cup, 2008 Nordic Light Open and 2006 Juniors Championship at Wimbledon. This year she made it to the third rounds at Wimbledon and the French Open and the fourth round at the U.S. Open.

Wozniacki has also made it to the WTA quarter finals and finals of the Australian Open Juniors competition and was also a member of the 2008 Danish Olympic tennis team.

Tennis dominates most of Wozniacki’s time – she practices for four hours a day – but she also has begun modeling.

“I’ve always watched shows like ‘America’s Next Top Model’ and read fashion magazines. I love fashion,” she said.

Wozniacki is represented by Scoop Models, a Danish agency. She has modeled for Adidas, Danish jeweler Reeslev and the Danish versions of Elle and Vogue.

“My personal style is really relaxed. I like to wear jeans and a cute top. But at night I like to wear dresses,” she said. “And I like to look good on the court.”

Wozniacki likes to shop in Los Angeles, New York and Copenhagen. Her favorite designers are Louis Vuitton and Giorgio Armani, but she also likes the casual styles of Abercrombie & Fitch.

Wozniacki’s sense of style off-court also translates to her appearance on the court. She prefers to wear Adidas when playing tennis.

“It’s boring to wear all white,” she said. “Adidas has things that look feminine but that are still comfortable.”

Even though she’s just starting out in the fashion world, Wozniacki said it would be fun to have her own clothing line someday. Several other female tennis stars, like Serena and Venus Williams have their own clothing lines or have made a transition into the fashion world.

“I think tennis is a really big sport for women and they like to look good on the court,” she said. “The response from the crowd and the media (regarding fashion) has been positive.”

Wozniacki and Williams, along with Andy Roddick and John Isner, recently completed the Rock-n-Racquets tour, which combined tennis and rock music to raise money for The Andy Roddick Foundation for disadvantaged kids. In addition to a stop in Louisville, the tour visited Columbia, S.C., and Knoxville, Tenn.

“It has been fun to play these show matches,” she wrote on her blog. “It does not matter that much if I win or lose. We are just having fun on the court and the audience is great.”

http://www.voice-tribune.com/index.p...=697&Itemid=17
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #17
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Q&A with Caroline on ESPN.com 14.04.09

Brad (Gadsden,Alabama): Caroline, What players did you look up to when you were a kid?

Caroline Wozniacki: I looked up to Steph Graf and Martina Hingis.

Ernest -North Hollywood, CA: Hello Caroline! My question is what kind of changes do you make when switching for hard courts to clay???

Caroline Wozniacki: I actually just changed my strength to get some more top spin with the ball. The rallies are longer, so you hav eto be patient.

Brandon (Detroit, Mi) : What are your expectations for the clay season ?

Caroline Wozniacki: I don't konw, I'm just going to take one match at a time. I just take one match and one tournament at a time.

Alex (Cincinnati, Ohio): Hi Caroline, I was just wondering what you do to calm your nerves for the last hour or so before a big match?

Caroline Wozniacki: I like to just listen to music. that makes me relaxed. I talk to my dad, who's also my coach, about tactics and then I'm ready.

Jennifer in Jacksonville, FL: Caroline, I was so excited to see you win in Ponte Vedra last week!! Congratulations, you deserved the win. I'm a resident of Jacksonville and wonder, did you enjoy the MPS tournament, and what can we do to get you back here next year?

Caroline Wozniacki: Thank you! I enjoyed the tournament. I really liked the area. Hopefully I'm going to come back next year.

Pam W (Australia): What is your favorite tournament? Why?

Caroline Wozniacki: I have a lot of favorite tournaments. If I had to choose one, I would probably take Indian Wells. It's a real nice tournament. Everyone is so relaxed. A lot of things are going on. I really like it.

Lisa, San Jose, CA: Hi Caroline, Do you pick out your match outfits or does the sponsor select them for you?

Caroline Wozniacki: I get with my sponsor and they have one collection for me that they want me to wear so I can represent that collection. Addidas picks it out, but if there is sometihng that I don't feel comfortable with, then we talk about it.

Ernest(North Hollywood, CA): I think you Caroline are one of the players to watch on clay. What top players do you think are a threat on clay???

Caroline Wozniacki: Let me think. I think some of the Spanish players for sure. Jankovic is good on clay. There are quite a few players. Safina is doing well on clay as well.

Pavel, Zlin, Czech republic: Hi Caroline, congratulations to your current title at Florida. How did you celebrate it ? Do you expect similar conditions and surface in Charleston as well ? I wish you all the best. Pavel

Caroline Wozniacki: Actually, I didn't get to celebreat too much. I celebrated with some good desert, good ice cream, chocolate cake. Yesterday I just relaxed and didn't do anything. I went shopping a little bit. THat's the way I celebrated. I am sure Charleston will be similar.

Kevin (Charleston, SC): I've got good seats for Saturday's semi-finals. Please make it that far, but if you don't I have an extra ticket.

Caroline Wozniacki: I can't promise, but I am going to try.

Amy (Tampa): What is one thing you can't travel without?

Caroline Wozniacki: My mobile phone. I always have my Sony Ericsson with me. It helps me get in touch with my family and friends back home. Without it, I would be lost.

patrick (San Diego, CA): Congratulations on winning Ponte Vedra Beach. What part of your game have you improved on or will be improving on?

Caroline Wozniacki: I think fitness wise, I have improved. I can stay in there for a longer time than before.

Khalid (Storrs, Conn.): When you travel from tournament to tournament do you have any time to enjoy the city you are in? Or are you too busy playing tennis all the time?

Caroline Wozniacki: No, I always try to go out and see what there is to see in the city. If you just go from the courts to the hotel, it can be a pretty boring life. I go and try to experience things.

Brutus: How does playing the US compare to playing in Europe? Are the fans similar or different? Louder or more reserved?

Caroline Wozniacki: Every tournament is different. The fans are different every time. In the US, the fans are enthusiastic. People really get the feeling for the matches.

Jesper (Sweden): Which nickname do you prefer? Caro, Wozzy, or something else?

Caroline Wozniacki: Caro. Usually my friends are calling me Caro.

Lisa, Las Vegas, NV: Hi Caroline - Did you enjoy your training in Las Vegas? Did you have time to check out the city or was it all business?

Caroline Wozniacki: Yes, I did practice in Vegas for two weeks before Indian Wells. It was an amazing experience. For sure I am going to come back.

Amit, Raleigh,NC: Do you develop any friendships with the women players on tour? How hard is it go from one city to another? Have you gotten used to it

Caroline Wozniacki: You develop friends when you're on tour. It's always the same people around. You do have friendships with some players on tour. It's hard to be traveling from one city to another. I prefer to traveling the world to being in one place and not have that opportunity.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #18
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future
Caroline's Latest Blog

Moved from Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 2 As This Is An Article
Quote:
Ponta Vedra Beach Champion
6 Comments Published by Caroline April 14th, 2009 in Caroline's blog
Hi everybody,

I’m writing to you from Charleston now. As you all may know I won my first WTA tournament on Clay. It was a great feeling winning my first tournament on clay because clay is not my favorite surface and I had a very tough draw.

I played some good tennis and I’m feeling comfortable with the new strings in my racket. In the semifinal against Vesnina I survived 4 match points. I struggled with the heat and had to take a medical timeout during the match. I felt really bad and I did also threw up during changeovers (went to the bathroom). I don’t know how I won that match but I guess it was my winning mentality which helped me in this situation.

The doctor told me to quit but I said that I wanted to play the game till the end. I’m very happy now that I listened to myself and gave it 100%. After the match I went to the doctors once again and they gave me some minerals and vitamins.

I was able to play the doubles semifinal a few hours after my singles match. We lost 15-13 in the 3rd set (match tiebreak) against Peschke/Raymond number 4 pair in the world. We played some god doubles matches Strycova and I. In the final I meet my good friend Wozniak and I felt much better than the day before. I played a very good match and stayed focused thru the whole match and won 6-1 6-2.

After Ponta Vedra we drove to Charleston about 300 miles. I’m very confident before this tournament and I hope that I can keep my level as high as possible. My health is good and if I can keep my head cool I think I will do well in this tournament.

All the best

Caroline
So that was the 11min break.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #19
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future
Even more incentive to win today

Extra Bladet 09:55 - 18. apr. 2009 | Troels Christensen

TOP10 gives cash to Caroline

Her largest Sponsors have assured Caroline Wozniacki considerable bonuses if she plays into the world's 10 best tennis players.

Should Caroline Wozniacki fight her way into TOP10 which she is on track to, her bankers will clap their hands.

- Caroline has some bonus schemes in her sponsorships, which will be payed out if she crosses that line.

- I will not go into the size, but it wouldn't be bad for her, confirms CEO of Nordic Sports Group, Mikkel Nissen.

It is particularly the international sponsors Adidas and Babolat, which have put some performance premiums into the contracts.

Also NSG Director's own job will obviously be a little easier with a TOP10 label on the business card.

- Absolutely. It is a magical border - even commercially, he says.
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #20
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Dad nerves were in tatters

Extra Bladet 23:11 - 18. apr. 2009 | Troels Christensen

Dads nerves were in tatters

- Such a game must be absolutely fantastic for spectators, but not for me, says happy Piotr Wozniacki

- I was totally relaxed when we went into the match, because I am very happy with what Caroline has done recently.

- However, as opportunities arose and were abused, I was afraid that she would go down. Remember, Dementieva had a very short quarter final, while Caroline has been many hours on the court, says Piotr Wozniacki to ekstrabladet.dk after her daughter's stunning victory over three sets and three hours of intense fight against Elena Dementieva in the Family Circle Cup in Charleston.

- Such a game must be absolutely fantastic for spectators, but it is not for me. As father I have become emotionally involved, but as coach I must always be cool, so I am ready to go down and analyze and motivate. This is not an easy balance, added Papa Wozniacki who rarely have looked so happy after a victory.

Mentally strong
In the tireing semi final of the strongly fielded WTA tournament, Caroline Wozniacki won, after both ups and downs with 7-5, 4-6, 7-5 over world number three, who she has defeated twice in a row.

- It is mentally completely strong of Caroline to get back in the fight that way. And she got again a lot of valuable experience to use in the big tournaments. Now she knows that she can. Even when it looks bad out, "said Piotr Wozniacki to ekstrabladet.dk.

In the finals Sunday evening, Caroline Wozniacki meets the winner of the showdown between Marion Bartoli and the tournament's big surprise, German Sabine Lisicki, who amongst others has knocked Venus Williams out.
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #21
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! So many opportunities for her! Denmark is a great country, they've done so well with Caro.

Good thread
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 05:40 AM   #22
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Wozniacki's star set to shine

http://www.hotklix.com/link/sports/s...r-set-to-shine

Youngster Caroline Wozniacki is fast becoming many people's choice to be the next darling of the tennis world.

In a tennis world littered with tales of pushy parents and childhoods spent at baseline boot camps far from home, the story behind the emergence of Caroline Wozniacki is a refreshingly normal one.

Wozniacki now sits on the cusp of the world's top 10 after reaching the WTA final in Charleston last week, a run which saw the 18-year-old Danish player defeat the top-ranked Elena Dementieva in the last four.

Yet Wozniacki's story did not start in the familiar surroundings of a Floridian coaching academy. She recalls playing games against her brother back home in Odense, with ice cream the only prize. "I really feel I've grown up normally," says Wozniacki, who was nevertheless an outstanding junior player and was marked down as one for the future after winning the girls' singles title at Wimbledon in 2006. "I just used to enjoy playing with my friends. We'd be having a grill party and we'd play for a little bit, then we'd go off again. We played for ice cream every day. It was pretty normal. "I could never imagine myself going away and practising in an academy away from my family and my friends. That's not the way I'd like to do it, but for some people that's the way."

Wozniacki's family boasts a fine sporting pedigree. Her mother played for the Poland volleyball team. Her father played professional football in Poland and Germany, before moving to Denmark. Wozniacki made great strides in 2008, winning her first significant tournament in Stockholm without losing a set, and was rewarded by being named the WTA Tour's newcomer of the year at the end of the season. She said: "Last year I went from 64 at the beginning of the season to 12 in the world, so that was a big jump for me. I know if I just keep improving my game, the results will follow."

However, that newcomer of the year award does not come without its price. Wozniacki admits she will find it much harder to maintain her elite status now that her rivals know all about her style. "Now the others feel more free playing against me," she added. "They don't feel any pressure because I'm usually the higher-ranked player. Until the end of last season, it was the other way round.

"I'm just trying to think really positively, not about last year and defending points. I feel I've improved in everything, especially my serve and return. I'm in there to fight. I just want to keep improving."

Last edited by Carofan : Apr 23rd, 2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #23
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Reason Why Caroline Did Not Look Her Best Yesterday ???

A typical Extra Bladet headline but interesting anyway.

My comment – after reading what Piotr says, I wonder why he doesn’t help matters by helping Caroline not enter so many tournaments.
And why doesn’t the journalist ask why she has entered so many!!!

Caroline in queue at ER

Injury plagued Caroline goes further in Madrid. Dane far from the only one suffering from injuries and needing help. She plays but again today at. 13

When Danish Caroline Wozniacki advanced yesterday to the second round in Madrid, she was only got to play 41 minutes tennis. Then the Israeli Shahar Peer, who at the time was 5-4 behind in the first set, withdrew with a foot injury. And it is sadly symptomatic of this phase, the season is going into, that at present there is a long queue at the physiotherapists who travel with the tour.

- Yes, I have also spent quite some time with the physios in recently. Two hours a day actually says Caroline Wozniacki, who suffers with stiffness in her back and also has picked up an allergic reaction in the south.
- But I felt an improvement during the match, so it should be OK.

Even before the tournament, the top players such as Ana Ivanovic and Vera Zvonareva withdrew with injuries.

- Players never get the chance to restore with this packed program. It gives not least overuse injuries, says Piotr Wozniacki, who in recent weeks have seen his daughter play on three different kinds of clay.
Serena Sour
- Moreover it rained in Rome, so that the balls were very heavy, and it has given even more injuries, he explains, while Caroline supplements.

- It's a good mix of everything and there are many who are getting to be a little tired, one can see.

Serena Williams, who some weeks ago lost her place as #1 in the world rankings because of an injury, withdrew after the first set against Francesca Schiavone, because she has a knee injury and does not want to risk her participation in the French Open.

And she is one of the girls who dares to fire criticism at the WTA, that the new tournament calendar compels Top-Ten players to enter up to ten to twenty top tournaments and four Grand Slams and the four so-called Mandatory Events.

Against An American- One is forced to enter. Even if you are injured or dead. Otherwise they give you huge fines. We have no choice.

Thus Caroline Wozniacki avoids Serena in a possible quarterfinal, but first she must pass her sister Venus, and before that match, she must beat another American, left-handed player Varvara Lepchenko.

- She is best on clay and play with lots of spin on the forehand. Otherwise I do not know so much about her, says Caroline, who as usual will not look beyond the next match.

Direct Eurosport 13 o'clock or here on this site

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : May 13th, 2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #24
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennistv.com/page/LiveIndex/0,,11444,00.html

A small interview after today R2 match.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #25
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid Open 2009 - Press Conference 14th May

PLAYER: Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN)

Q: When you walked on the court were you thinking about what might happen to your ranking next week or is that all jus completely to one side?
A: Itīs all completely just gone, I just want to win the match, thatīs my goal. Actually I never look at the rankings but all the media have told me that if you are in the top ten you canīt really but not know it. I just went in there and I fought for every point.

Q: It was the first time you were meeting Alicia; were you aware about this type of player, very aggressive, were you very prepared for this type of ball?
A: Yes I was. I played here one time in orange ball juniors in 2005, I think.
...What was the result?
I won 6-4, 6-4. I remember because I won there that year and thatīs the match that I remember the most from that tournament. I knew how she was going to play and I was really prepared, like yesterday and today I was preparing myself for this kind of style.

Q: Have you had any chance to look around Madrid, find any ice-cream shops, anything like that?
A: Actually I havenīt eaten an ice-cream here yet but I have had a chance to look around Madrid and itīs a great city, itīs very beautiful and actually Verdascosīs family have three restaurants here in Madrid and one of them with the flamenco dancing and it was amazing. It was good food and very very entertaining, so can recommend that

Q: You are going to play another player who is very aggressive on the court, Vera Dushevina; could you tell us something about her game and what you are expecting from this match?
A: Actually, I just looked at the match today and I really didnīt look forward in the draw but Dushevina has had some good results and she has beaten some really good clay court players this week so I just really need to go in there and try to dominate the game.

Q: You have a heavy schedule this year; arenīt you tired, because you have been playing pretty much every week and you have been pretty down the past two weeks after the good green/clay courts? Now are you well adapted to the clay courts in Europe and not too tired?
A: Iīm feeling great right now, I donīt feel tired at all and I feel good but of course Iīm looking at my schedule and what Iīm going to play and what Iīm going to skip. It really depends on how you do and Iīve had great results this year and Iīve played many matches but weīll see. I need to talk to my coaches as well and see how I feel, where itīs better to skip and where itīs better to play and also everything depends. But you never know, maybe at one point Iīm not going to be winning so many matches and then I want to play more tournaments. I just take one tournament at a time and one match at a time.

Q: A lot of seeds have gone home; is this good chance to win another title this year?
A: I am in the quarter-finals right now and itīs going to be a tough match so I am just looking at that right now.

Q: What do you think about the tournament, the Magic Box, your impressions?
A: Itīs impressive, the stadium. What they have put up here is just great and Iīm sure that itīs just going to be better and better for every year that goes by but itīs amazing in here.

Q. The fact that you are in pretty good shape, I feel that you turned a corner after you preparation in Las Vegas because you seem even more consistent because in Australia it was still rusty I feel, isnīt it?
A. Yeah, always in the beginning of the year and I’m sure that Las Vegas helped me so much. Gil Reyes is an amazing person and an amazing fitness coach and itīs thanks to him that I am playing this well and in such good shape. For sure, I am going to go back more times and he has really really helped me, yes.

Q. Your progression has been very impressive and coming up is the French Open; do you feel that this could be a real break-through tournament for you?
A. Yeah, Iīve been playing really good and weīll see how the next match goes but really I just look at one match at a time and to keep improving is the most important thing for me. I donīt want to stand still or go back in the development of my game, I still have a few things to work on. Iīm not giving up, Iīm really fighting for every point and I think thatīs one of my biggest strengths.

Q. It is a new tournament, a new venue; what would you change for the next year?
A. Itīs a tough question. I think itīs really great, I think that theyīve done a really amazing job so I donīt if there are too many things to change. The stadium courts are amazing, I havenīt played on the outside courts so I canīt say anything about that but there are a lot of people coming to watch and I think itīs a great tournament.

Q. Did you see the support of the crowd a little while ago when you were playing? What is it between you and the crowd here?
A. I donīt know, I really like playing here; I really like Spain and Iīm really happy that they are coming and supporting me. Iīm just doing my best and it helps me every time it’s a tough point I know that they are behind me and that always gives that little bit extra so hopefully the more matches that I play the more popular I will be here.

Q. Have you had the chance to watch some of the matches during tournament?
A. Yeah I have watched a few matches. I watched some of the womenīs matches before – some of my friends were playing.

Q. Did you watch today?
A. Today, no because I was really focussed on my own match, so only the days that I am not playing or after my own matches.

Q. You mentioned your friends; there is a new group of you breaking through, Azarenka is already in the top ten, yourself, do you sense that there is a new wave of girl players coming through?
A. Yeah, definitely I think that there is a lot of players coming up and a lot of those that Iīve played in the juniors, well almost everyone is really playing well and they are all in the top 50 I really think that there is a new generation coming up and hopefully we are going to continue our way up there.

Q. Who do you designate as your friends on the tour?
A. I have quite a few friends, I am a very open person, I like to keep in touch with a lot of people. Actually in my age Victoria Azarenka, is one of my good friends, Sorana Cirstea, the Radwanska sisters. I have a lot of really good friends, Sania Mirza as well. I think that a lot of the adidas people stick together.

Q. Because if you look at the top of the game and they donīt really appear to be friendly with one another; is that something that you are going to have to overcome or are you going to be different?
A. I think that itīs really personal and I think that itīs up to each individual. Iīm the same person now as I was three years ago. It doesnīt matter now if Iīm going to be No.1, 10 or 100, Iīm still going to be friendly with the people that I know and the people that I like and I think that once you get to know the other players they are very very nice to.

MATCH RESULT
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs. Alicia Kleybanova (RUS) 6-2 | 6-2

Facebook: Support Uzbekistan Tennis Team in 2014
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...Eastbourne 2014
- I went to Tashkent Open...yesss TASHKENT!!!! -
Davai-Akgul (3)Amanmuradova/Daniilidou (UZB/GRE) #MyDreamTeam
Elisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM   #26
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Caroline had her ribs put back in place

Moved from Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 2 As This Is An Article
quote]Caroline had her ribs put back in place

- They also blocked the air pipe, says a startled Caroline, some however should be ready for her single match

19:34 - 27. maj. 2009 | Troels Christensen

PARIS (Ekstrabladet.dk): Caroline Wozniacki Wednesday night got her top two ribs pulled into place. They had risen, so they both pulled the shoulder muscle and blocked her windpipe.

- Yes, it is a bit wild. It was pretty bad, said a startled Caroline after the painful therapy, which after all quite surprised her.

From outside the court, it didn’t look quite so dramatic, although she twice during Wednesday's double match was treated by the physiotherapist for something that resembled an acute, minor shoulder injury.

And she completed despite everything the match with full force in her ground strokes, even though she had difficulty lifting his arm to smash

- It helped with the treatment on the court and it did not hurt when I did my basic strokes, so I was a little surprised when I afterwards was examined a little more thoroughly.

- It turned out that my two upper ribs on the right side, were pulled up during a wrong move and they pulled the shoulder muscle. They also blocked some of the air pipe, so I could not breathe completley freely.

The physiotherapist set the two ribs in place, put a supportive plaster on and ordered the Danish patient to remain at rest last night.

- But she also thought that I probably would be ready for my single, so I hope to be, "says Caroline Wozniacki.[/quote]

I blame it on the heavy schedule, her body dose not get time to restore.
The last thing she needed was doubles matches.
And why the hell did she finish the match.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM   #27
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The latest on Carolines shoulder.

According to todays Extra Bladet, Orthopedic Surgeon Martin Linderg – Larsen who is a self confessed tennis nerd and is a registrar at Bispeberg Hospital Copenhagen had a look at Carolines shoulder yesterday.
(I guess he is/was a spectator at RG and came forward, the danish health travel sevice does not send his sort to non-resident patients abroad even if they are tennis stars. )

Quote:
He said – It is difficult to say anything 100% but I first and foremost tried to rule out any catastrophies. The story about she should have got her ribs put in place, sounds very mysterious to me but I cannot dismiss that there has been something, that has dislocated between the ribs and breast bone. (Danish doctor speak for complete rubbish ???)

But the tenderness is out in the shoulder today, by the biceps tendon, which many tennis players can have problems with. So I consider it more plausible that it could have been strained. It only hurts the moment she serves, and the raquet hits the ball, so with rest, ice and pain killers she can in principle, do what she can with the arm.

But a tennis player should be especially very aware of the biceps tendon. There many of them that have been operated on. He added that there would have to be taken a MIR-scanning , if one wanted to be completely certain.

Caroline Wozniacki did not feel very much wiser, but was however a little more reassured after the examination..
-Even though the physiotherapists are good, it is nice that a doctor has also looked at it. Luckily I am not playing Friday , so my shoulder can be rested.
I doubt that she will have a MIR scan, but maybe she should, think about how long and difficult Sharapovers diagnose was.
As usual she will probably play tommorrow on pain killers.

And she will be playing doubles with Cirstea at Wimbeldon.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM   #28
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Caroline Wozniackis Blog

Quote:
Caroline Wozniackis Blog TV2
Sunday, 31 May 2009 kl. 16:58
Finished in Paris!
Hello everyone!
Here comes another blog from here! I have had a little hassle with injuries here in Paris. First with my shoulder, where I had problems with my serve, but I could play normally without it hurting. It happened in my double match during one of my serves. Nevertheless, I won my second round against Craybas 6-1 6-4.
Yesterday when I played my singles against Cirstea, I got problems with my back, as well. I was well ahead in the first set but lost it and had sætbold in the second set, but didn’t get it. I got a pain in the back in the second set, and hoped that if I might win the set, as it would be too dark to continue and we would have finished today. But I can see now that even if we had finished the game today, so I would have been able to play.
After my match yesterday I could more or less not walk! I had great pain in my back and every time I took a step it hurt. I had to have help to get my clothes off and on, and to walk over to the transport which was 100 meters from the changing rooms.
This morning I was at the hospital where I had a MRI scan, where I had both the back and shoulder scanned. About the back, there are two vertebrae that are slightly displaced, so they go in and press on the nerves. And the shoulder, I have inflammation by the bone.
Now I shall just keep on getting treatment and take it easy, and so I hope that it will not be too long before I am ready again!
Best wishes
Caroline
That's what I call an understatment

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM   #29
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

After reading the 2 articles below I am left with the thought WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT. What Piotr says is thick

Quote:
http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wta-tur...dles-i-danmark

Caroline treated in Denmark
Caroline Wozniacki still have difficulties with her back but now has been able to travel to Denmark where she is now getting treatment at a private hospital.
Morten Risager, mri@sporten.dk[/EMAIL">mri@sporten.dk"]mri@sporten.dk, Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 15:23
It is still uncertain whether Caroline Wozniacki will announce her withdrawl from next week's WTA tournament in Eastbourne. A back injury was the reason that Denmark's best tennis player was knocked out of the third round of French Open with a lot of pain.
- We have just come to Denmark, and Caroline is right now being treated while I wait outside. We still do not know whether she will be ready for either Eastbourne or Wimbledon. But if she can play, so she will play both single and double in both tournaments, emphasizes Caroline's father and coach Piotr Wozniacki to Sporten.dk while he waits for Caroline Wozniacki to finish her treatment at a private hospital in Copenhagen.

He thus rejects that Caroline Wozniacki needs to cut back in her hard program, if doctors report her ready to play.

- I can not understand why people question whether Caroline is playing too many matches because she is injured. She plays only so many matches, because she has come so far in tournaments. We will continue to play as many tournaments as we do, says Piotr Wozniacki.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article...-22763531.html

Wozniacki: Trains earliest Sunday

TV2 Sporten 02-06-09: 20:53 | by: Miriam Kjer

The tennis player Caroline Wozniacki holds a pause at the moment after incurred a shoulder injury in the French Open. And although the young tennis icon is optimistic, so she does not expect to be back on the training court before the end of the week.
"I take one day at a time right now, and I train again the earliest Sunday or Monday," said Wozniacki to TV 2 Sport.

The Dane was Tuesday in Denmark to receive treatment for her injury, but expected to return to Monaco later in the day to visit her chiropractor there.

Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #30
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What can I say, another negative article about Caroline, Piotr and the injuries.

Quote:
Fears for Caros career
Caroline Wozniacki risks an early career stop, if she continues with its compact match program, as a slipped disc threatens. That is what feels her former coach and an expert, means.
Morten Risager, mri@sporten.dk, Wednesday 3rd June 2009, 08:29
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Caroline Wozniacki will be announced on Monday as the world's ninth best female tennis player. She is just 18 years old and the highest ranked Scandinavian women's tennis player ever. But the promise of a long and glorious career can end all too soon, after Caroline Wozniacki on Saturday had to leave the French Open with two displaced disks in her spine. According to former Davis Cup player and tennis expert Peter Bastiansen, the comet's career is at stake if she and her father do not listen to the danger signals from the latest weeks injuries.

- When you get an overload injury as a 18-year-old, it is therefore an unmistakable sign that you probably need to think well and thoroughly about the number of matches you choose to play, said Peter Bastiansen, which he himself was operated for a slipped disc during his career.

He considers in particular that Caroline Wozniackis participation in double tournaments should be cut out in the near future to trim a little in an already heavy match program, where the WTA tournament in Eastbourne starts next week, while Wimbledon is waiting later this month.

Caroline Wozniacki landed first yesterday in Denmark to get treatment at a private hospital, because French doctors had warned her not to fly before. Her father and coach Piotr Wozniacki will let doctors determine, whether his daughter can play already next week. But if she is declared ready, she will play both as planned.

- She shall play doubles. I can say that quite clearly. Caroline plays doubles in the tournaments she participates in. She is not number one in the world, she's only 18 years and therefore she plays doubles. It helps her to be better at the things she needs to be better at, said Piotr Wozniacki.

For Caroline Wozniackis former cheftræner in Lyngby, Christian Camradt, it's too much of risk to take.

- Wow. There, I would probably have advised her to take a break before Wimbledon. If it develops into a slipped disc, it can finish her career, which would be a disaster, says Christian Camradt and emphasizes that Caroline Wozniacki is one of the players that takes part in the most tournaments and matches.

To be precise Caroline Wozniacki has played 59 matches since January, when one includes 13 doubles matches. If Caroline Wozniacki is allowed to play by the WTA-doctors in Eastbourne, she will risk playing two matches each day in a week. Peter Bastiansen fully understands both Caroline and Piotr Wozniacki will do that that is neccessary to play and improve her as much as possible. But he sees at the same time dangers in the constellation father and daughter.

- Without him, she would never have got this far. But on the other hand he would like to see her in action as much as possible. When you are involved as a father and daughter, you act more emotionally. If on the other hand it was a professional coach, he would have advised her to take it a bit easier right now, says Peter Bastiansen and believes that Kenneth Carlsen and Sven Groeneveld brief association with Caroline Wozniacki did not change, that it was Piotr Wozniacki, who took the decisions.