Articles and Interviews - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2971
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

But it is a lot of extra stress and distractions.
Even if Serena & Federer & Roddick all publicly praise Caro and defend her, this goofball hate ruined her December, and might hurt her 2013 season
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #2972
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Somehow I don't think that her heart will be in it. But she should just concentrate on playing tennis and nothing else - no dancing at the change of ends, no jokes of any kind and DEFINITELY no Serena imitation. Just treat it like a real match. If she just tries to concentrate on playing her best it will be a good test and by the time it's over she should have some idea where her game is at at this point. Even though Maria might give her a point here or there in a typical "fuck if I care" exho, if Caroline treats it like a real match I'm sure that Maria will give her one.
I bet that she won't do any impersonations there... I think that she should rather take it more seriously, not just to avoid getting to trouble over some joke again, but also to improve as a player.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2973
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I feel so sorry for her! She didn't deserve any of this!

Wozniacki victim of double standards | The Tennis Space
http://www.thetennisspace.com/woznia..._xfpmQ.twitter
Among all those media hyenas and bandwagon 'upset' people, a voice of reason.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #2974
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
But it is a lot of extra stress and distractions.
Even if Serena & Federer & Roddick all publicly praise Caro and defend her, this goofball hate ruined her December, and might hurt her 2013 season
I fear that as well. Plus, she's no doubt the friendliest player out there since Kim Clijsters. As far as I know all the other players like her as a person, even those who don't really have a reputation for interacting with their colleagues. That says a lot I think. She's always friendly to fans and even to a media that has never really shown any respect for her in return. In short, she's kind to a fault and she rarely has anything negative to say about anyone. And now she gets this as a reward in return. I'm sure that her feelings must be deeply hurt by the treatment she gets over this. Being branded a racist is just about the worst thing anyone can do to a person. I'm pretty sure that this will leave some scars and that she'll view the world and her fellow human beings in a whole new light. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Sunshine days would be gone for good and that we'll see a lot more guarded, perhaps even colder Caroline Wozniacki from now on. She has learned a lot about the human species these last few days, and none of it good.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Dec 13th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #2975
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Sunshine days would be gone for good and that we'll see a lot more guarded, perhaps even colder Caroline Wozniacki from now on. She has learned a lot about the human species these last few days, and none of it good.
no more Sunshine

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #2976
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

this means she cant show her personality outside the locker room. Nadal cramping, breaking a balloon behind Maria.. Thats all over.

She can still laugh with friends, but any little joke that she used to play, she has to save that for the locker room.

I still say, and I always will, she did nothing wrong and only idiots will blame her for an impersonation that other player created and other players have also done.
So she knows this is all BS, but she has to not do the jokes in public anymore.
I still think this will turn out alright. Because she did nothing wrong

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #2977
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

justingimelstob Justin Gimelstob
About to interview @CaroWozniacki 4 #HoldingCourt on @worldoftennistv should be fun to learn more about this amazing player and person. #fb

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2978
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this means she cant show her personality outside the locker room. Nadal cramping, breaking a balloon behind Maria.. Thats all over.

She can still laugh with friends, but any little joke that she used to play, she has to save that for the locker room.

I still say, and I always will, she did nothing wrong and only idiots will blame her for an impersonation that other player created and other players have also done.
So she knows this is all BS, but she has to not do the jokes in public anymore.
I still think this will turn out alright. Because she did nothing wrong
Well, I think that everyone here agrees that she did nothing wrong. Even a substantial number of GM posters who never have anything borderline nice or even just human to say about her agree that she's not a racist. All we can do is wait and hope for the best, both in terms of what this whole sad episode will do to her as a person and in terms of the negative impact it may have on her mental state, and thus how she'll play when she gets back on court.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #2979
country flag goldenlox

I dont think this will hurt Caro as a person. She will know how incompetent a lot of the media is.
That surprised me, how Roddick has been doing this for years and media wanted the attention on Caro.

But there are people who go to jail who are innocent. So stuff happens in life, and you go on.
And she has an important year of tennis ahead.
Some people think another year without the Big YEC and she might retire.
I dont know if this will make her more determined or want to retire sooner.
We'll find out

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #2980
country flag goldenlox

Justin Gimelstob@justingimelstob
Fun and insightful interview with former world #1 @CaroWozniacki at the beautiful Ballen Isles Country Club! pic.twitter.com/B9yQATLZ

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2981
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm happy to see a picture of her with a smile on her face. Hopefully it's not just a case of trying to look strong in the face of adversity, but represents how she truly feels.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #2982
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
I'm happy to see a picture of her with a smile on her face. Hopefully it's not just a case of trying to look strong in the face of adversity, but represents how she truly feels.
Tennis is all about nerves and mental toughness. Caroline has that
Of course no one wants this phony bullshit thrown at you, but she's tough, and she's a good person.
This whole thing is phony, and people in tennis all know it. Anyone else with a brain knows it also

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2983
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Justin Gimelstob@justingimelstob
Fun and insightful interview with former world #1 @CaroWozniacki at the beautiful Ballen Isles Country Club! pic.twitter.com/B9yQATLZ
That's in Florida. There was an article the other day in The Irish SUN, that Rory apparently has found himself a property in Florida (with a private golf court naturally).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #2984
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe its their first own home, not just his. There was a rumour they wanted to start to live together.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #2985
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Or maybe its their first own home, not just his. There was a rumour they wanted to start to live together.
Yes yes, of course. I wasn't suggesting she would be staying in Monaco and he moving alone to Florida

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1