Articles and Interviews - Page 198 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #2956
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroIYH View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear, they don't respect Serena, he's now even trying to make it deeper about being interested in issues which effect African American lives every day, even says Tennis is the most racist sport out there next to Golf.
Well, I don't know about the USTA, but the players? They are practically kissing her feet whenever they are asked about her. And the WTA is working it's ass off to promote tennis in all corners of the world which will no doubt result in many more non-whites picking up a racquet and eventually having a professional career. The same for golf where most of the leading female players are actually Asian, not to mention Tiger on the mens side. Doesn't sound very racist to me.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #2957
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I don't know about the USTA, but the players? They are practically kissing her feet whenever they are asked about her. And the WTA is working it's ass off to promote tennis in all corners of the world which will no doubt result in many more non-whites picking up a racquet and eventually having a professional career. The same for golf where most of the leading female players are actually Asian, not to mention Tiger on the mens side. Doesn't sound very racist to me.
When you consider what's happening in Football (or Soccer) where a huge debate and concerted effort is made to try and stamp it out, and I'm not trying to make the argument that "Tennis is less racist and thus better than" but it's one of those things where even this kind of discussion clouds the issue, because we are just discussing a possible motive of those who think this is racist. I'm hoping this will be one of those one day non-story things, the dailymail's already removed it from their front page.
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #2958
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope this whole topic of her being racist dead down soon we all know it not true

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #2959
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new then.

I was expecting a juicy debate about Caroline being responsible for the financial crisis, and global warming... A bit a of a let down after the cries of her supporting a dictatorship and tyranny the last time.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #2960
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...b8gy.html#poll

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #2961
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This whole thing is a farce. Its Andy Roddick's impression. He's the person who made this a regular part of tennis exhibitions.
Djokovic, growing up in Serbia, and Caroline, in Denmark, would never know this was a hot topic for some people.
If it really was a hot topic for some, they should have their outrage aimed at Roddick.

That Caroline's name is in this is nonsense. She's doing a Roddick imitation of Serena, that Serena knew Andy was doing for years.

This whole thing is so stupid, and all it does is have some nontennis people insulting Caroline's character.

Thats where the insulting is, at Caroline, by hateful people who dont even want to admit this is Roddicks impression of Serena that other players copied because Roddick kept doing it with no criticism and positive crowd reaction.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #2962
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This whole thing is a farce. Its Andy Roddick's impression. He's the person who made this a regular part of tennis exhibitions.
Djokovic, growing up in Serbia, and Caroline, in Denmark, would never know this was a hot topic for some people.
If it really was a hot topic for some, they should have their outrage aimed at Roddick.

That Caroline's name is in this is nonsense. She's doing a Roddick imitation of Serena, that Serena knew Andy was doing for years.

This whole thing is so stupid, and all it does is have some nontennis people insulting Caroline's character.

Thats where the insulting is, at Caroline, by hateful people who dont even want to admit this is Roddicks impression of Serena that other players copied because Roddick kept doing it with no criticism and positive crowd reaction.
Well, it makes no difference anymore at this point. They have found their chosen victim, and now the're gonna let her have it. And there's really nothing that she can do to stop this. If she apologizes those so inclined won't accept it as sincere and say that it's only a matter of damage control on her part. And at her next press conference she'll be asked about it and every word she says will be put under the microscope, and her words will be taken out of context, explained as "she said this, but she really meant that", and so on. Every newspaper, magazine, blogger and internet crazie will spin it in a way that fits his or her agenda. In short, she's fucked no matter what she does.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #2963
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed. Now some pundits try to explain it with, Caroline didn't know growing up in Denmark. Well, where the hell was all this condemnation towards Roddick, as he's been doing this impersonation for the last 5 years or so. And he's not grown up in Denmark.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #2964
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Indeed. Now some pundits try to explain it with, Caroline didn't know growing up in Denmark. Well, where the hell was all this condemnation towards Roddick, as he's been doing this impersonation for the last 5 years or so. And he's not grown up in Denmark.
Well, not even Serena herself knows. If so she would have warned Caro that while she doesn't have a problem with the act herself she was going into some dangerous territory in terms of how sensitive this is in some circles.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2965
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to guess she will apologize to anyone who was offended. And say that she grew up in Denmark, and saw an American, Andy Roddick doing this imitation many times. So Caroline didnt know there was some negative attachment to it.
But she didnt create the impression, she saw other players do it and no one complained.

I think she will say something like that, which is the truth

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #2966
country flag goldenlox

Hingis said something that blew up years ago. She apologized and said she didnt grow up in the US and didnt know, and no one remembers it now

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-77596946.html

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2967
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Hingis said something that blew up years ago. She apologized and said she didnt grow up in the US and didnt know, and no one remembers it now

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-77596946.html
Yes, but in those days the internet was not yet as huge as it is now. And Hingis has said so many things about so many people that some of her comments have fallen between the cracks. Plus, Hingis was very witty and she got away with a lot of stuff because everyone thought she was funny.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #2968
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it makes no difference anymore at this point. They have found their chosen victim, and now the're gonna let her have it. And there's really nothing that she can do to stop this. If she apologizes those so inclined won't accept it as sincere and say that it's only a matter of damage control on her part. And at her next press conference she'll be asked about it and every word she says will be put under the microscope, and her words will be taken out of context, explained as "she said this, but she really meant that", and so on. Every newspaper, magazine, blogger and internet crazie will spin it in a way that fits his or her agenda. In short, she's fucked no matter what she does.
I feel so sorry for her! She didn't deserve any of this!

Wozniacki victim of double standards | The Tennis Space
http://www.thetennisspace.com/woznia..._xfpmQ.twitter

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2969
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I feel so sorry for her!
Me too. I wish I could give her a hug, but it is what it is.

On a different note, who runs her website? There's still the (in)famous towel picture on the front page. Definitely not very smart.

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #2970
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Yes, but in those days the internet was not yet as huge as it is now. And Hingis has said so many things about so many people that some of her comments have fallen between the cracks. Plus, Hingis was very witty and she got away with a lot of stuff because everyone thought she was funny.
There is much more social media, but Caroline did nothing that wasnt done many times by Roddick. So those attacking her are just phonies looking to spew hate.

Thats why I think she should apologize to anyone who was offended. Say she just did what other players did in exhibitions many times, and growing up in Denmark, she didnt know there was anything wrong with it.

This whole thing is stupid. Caroline did nothing wrong and most of those spewing hatred are just goofballs, or they would be hating on Roddick, and not even him, but people who are really doing racist things
This is nothing, its happened many times before in exhibitions by other players