Articles and Interviews - Page 194 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2896
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Caroline ''only'' second in Player of the year in Danmark

http://tv2sport.dk/loechte-bryder-wo...0-aars-vindere

Caroline Wozniacki blev fem år i træk årets danske tennisspiller, nu er hun væltet. Her er 10 års vindere.

År efter år har det været soleklart, hvorfor verdensstjernen Caroline Wozniacki er blevet kåret til årets danske tennisspiller, men i 2012 blev dronningen væltet af tronen.

Frederik Løchte Nielsens sejr i double i Wimbledon i 2012 har været afgørende for, at han i år er kåret som årets danske tennisspiller.

Han vandt prisen foran Caroline Wozniacki og Davis Cup-holdet.

Her er de seneste 6 års vindere

2012: Frederik Løchte Nielsen
2011: Caroline Wozniacki
2010: Caroline Wozniacki
2009: Caroline Wozniacki
2008: Caroline Wozniacki
2007: Caroline Wozniacki

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums

Last edited by Jorn : Dec 5th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #2897
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Bodo's been at it again....

12 for '12: Biggest Disappointments

Pete Bodo / Thursday, December 06, 2012

Women’s: Caroline Wozniacki

Although Wozniacki never has won a Grand Slam title, you would expect that the pride she took from finishing as the year-end No. 1 for two consecutive years would have impelled her to do something—anything—in 2012 to declare that she’s not giving up her privileged place in the game. You know, trip Serena Williams on a changeover. Throw a cream pie into Agnieszka Radwanska’s face. Beat someone besides that other Slam-less former No. 1, Jelena Jankovic (against whom Wozniacki was 2-0 in 2012).

But no, Wozniacki did nothing of the kind. Instead, she continued to cultivate and trade on her image as a fun-loving, easygoing, coach-firing, golfer-dating, publicity-seeking young lady of 22. She seems blithely unconcerned—or is it “unaware?”—that the game may be passing her by. But that’s a mistake made easily enough when you consider how hard the WTA (as well as Wozniacki and her handlers) have worked to position her, and others like her, as glamorous celebrities who are far too special to be perceived as mere athletes, or judged on something as simple as their results.

Perhaps Wozniacki really does care, in the sense that a Rafael Nadal or a Serena or a Maria Sharapova really cares, about winning big tournaments. But the signal she sends in word and deed is that while it would be nice to do that, it isn’t necessarily worth getting all worked up over.

The same goes for coaching. It’s nice to have a coach, especially when you’ve come up against some hard realities that have put a cap on your up-side. In Wozniacki’s case, those were bundled under the fact that in today’s game, you can’t win a Grand Slam title just by playing excellent defense, not with ball strikers like Serena, Sharapova, and Victoria Azarenka afoot.

But then, if you let your father continue to feed the balls, you can stay in your comfort zone and also save a lot of money. Hence the quick end to the Ricardo Sanchez experiment and the immediate reinstatement of Wozniacki’s father, Piotr, as coach. Looking at it that way makes it easier to understand why Wozniacki blind-sided Sanchez by firing him in Februrary, just two months after taking him on as a coach. The poor guy barely had time to tell the world what a thrill and honor it was to get the job—and he was out the door.

Ironically, Sanchez was the coach-of-record for Wozniacki’s best Grand Slam result this year, a quarterfinal at the Australian Open (where she lost to Kim Clijsters). But it was all downhill from there: A third-round appearance at the French Open, and successive first-round losses at the final two majors of the year.

Wozniacki’s record for 2012 was a mediocre—certainly for her—50-21, and with a few exceptions her year was downright lousy until the late fall. In order to finish in the Top 10, Wozniacki had to win Moscow (only her second title of the year) and make the final of Sofia, the second-tier version of the WTA Championships, called the “Tournament of Champions” but more aptly described as the semi-invitational “Tournament of Also-Rans.”

Wozniacki’s 7-5 in-the-third win over Sam Stosur in the Moscow final was a praiseworthy accomplishment, one of the few from her year. But her loss to Nadia Petrova in the Sofia final by a dismal 6-2, 6-1 score was more emblematic of her season.

Some would say that given her natural limitations and inclinations as a conservative, defensive baseliner, Wozniacki is doing just great. She ought to be praised instead of criticized for her consistency. There’s some truth to that; Wozniacki certainly earned that No. 1 ranking on the court, and even in this disappointing year she finished in the elite Top 10. But in tennis, we grade on a curve, and those players lucky and gifted enough to stand as Grand Slam title contenders are expected to show strength, determination, and a burning desire to improve and win. Perhaps Wozniacki has been thrown off her game by her well-publicized relationship with golfer Rory McIlroy; it wouldn’t be the first time that romance has proved a deterrent to focus and success (and that’s especially true for younger players).

But until Wozniacki herself addresses that issue, or gives some indication that she’s actually troubled by the fall-off in her results, we can only go by the evidence of our eyes. Right now, they tell us that Wozniacki is loving life, and not overly concerned that she’s has gone from world No. 1 to runner-up in the Tournament of Also-Rans.

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/12/1...ntments/45614/
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2898
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Another know-it-all tennis pundit. Has Bodo even ever spoken to Caro? Yet he appears to be able to not just read her mind, but knows exactly what's going on inside Team Wozniacki.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #2899
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^ Another know-it-all tennis pundit. Has Bodo even ever spoken to Caro? Yet he appears to be able to not just read her mind, but knows exactly what's going on inside Team Wozniacki.
He's been reading what the anti-Caro brigade at GM always says about her and he's made a summary of that. Bodo knows his audience and gives them what they want.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #2900
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

What else could you expect from Bodo? He's always been her 'biggest fan',just like Martina Navratilova. I think that the worst moment of Caro's year in his eyes are those two titles that got her to top 10 again.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2901
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Tignor is worse. He had Caroline as biggest disappointment when she was #1.
Maybe Tennis mag should just give her that award every year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2902
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Lessons learned: Wozniacki vows to bounce back after 2012 rankings slide
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/woznia...urce=shortlink

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2903
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Lessons learned: Wozniacki vows to bounce back after 2012 rankings slide
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/woznia...urce=shortlink
Lessons learned Who dreams up these titles? I thought this was going to be something specific about what went wrong and what she was going to do about. Instead it's just about Caro saying she had some injuries in 2012 but being upbeat about her wins at the end of the season and that she finished in the top 10. This is the type of thing she says over and over again.

There was supposed to be this review of the season once it ended. I naively thought it was about that.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #2904
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki accused of 'racist' impersonation of Serena Williams by stuffing bra and pants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...medium=twitter

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #2905
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki accused of 'racist' impersonation of Serena Williams by stuffing bra and pants

Well, the way the world is these days, a person with a twitter account or a blog, is an 'observer'. And far be it for a tabloid to not try jumping on the bandwagon.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2906
country flag CWTennis

I hope Caro doesn't read tweets addressed to her these days!

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #2907
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I hope Caro doesn't read tweets addressed to her these days!
...Or facebook comments. As for twitter, I don't even know how that works. When I go to her twitter I only see her own comments and maybe one or two replies which are always positive. I'm sure there must be a way to see more replies but I haven't yet figured it out (not that I care that much anyway). But I'm sure that Caro knows how it goes. Negative newspaper/magazine articles and blogs and comments on the internet feed of each other and soon something gets blown all out of proportion. Having said that, if I was a famous person I wouldn't even consider getting on twitter or facebook. I would prefer to just have a website where I could keep those interested up to date with what I'm doing but where it's much easier to keep the riff-raff out.
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #2908
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

OMG.
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #2909
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, after thinking about it for a awhile I guess it would be better that she stops doing this. People are overreacting for sure, but a minority of those that claim to be offended by it probably genuinely are, so it's not worth the hassle. Besides, it's not as though everyone is rolling on the floor laughing when she does her Serena act anyway.
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2910
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, after thinking about it for a awhile I guess it would be better that she stops doing this. People are overreacting for sure, but a minority of those that claim to be offended by it probably genuinely are, so it's not worth the hassle. Besides, it's not as though everyone is rolling on the floor laughing when she does her Serena act anyway.
do you really think she'll ever try to imitate Serena again, after all this shit?! I doubt!

Poor Caro, can't imagine what she's going through right now!