Articles and Interviews - Page 193 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #2881
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If she means 5, 6 or 7 MORE years that's great news.
I'm pretty sure that's what she meant.

I believe this is the 1st time she's referred to playing more than just a few more years.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #2882
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Earning . I think they must have paid her a hefty sum for squeezing the exhos in her already tight schedule. How that's going to end up though...
She's already made enough money just in prize money to retire comfortably let alone the endorsements she's done. Does she really need still more money?

I really dislike this exo scheduling. She's not putting herself in the best position to do well at these two big tournaments.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #2883
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
She's already made enough money just in prize money to retire comfortably let alone the endorsements she's done. Does she really need still more money?

I really dislike this exo scheduling. She's not putting herself in the best position to do well at these two big tournaments.
It isn't just about money, it's about promoting tennis in areas that don't see many top players.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #2884
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I guess she does as she is still doing this as a job. Their careers are short amd are often interrupted by injuries so I am not surprised that Caro wants to make as much money as she can while she can.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #2885
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess she does as she is still doing this as a job. Their careers are short amd are often interrupted by injuries so I am not surprised that Caro wants to make as much money as she can while she can.
The level she was at, holding 9 titles & 3000 points ahead of #2, takes a lot of good tennis.
I dont think Caroline wants to retire without giving it her best shot to be a Hall of Fame player, and have even greater success than she's had.
I dont think money is the motivating force now
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #2886
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The level she was at, holding 9 titles & 3000 points ahead of #2, takes a lot of good tennis.
I dont think Caroline wants to retire without giving it her best shot to be a Hall of Fame player, and have even greater success than she's had.
I dont think money is the motivating force now
I agree that she surely has some big goals which she is yet to reach but I think that money is always an issue. Even though she has earned what most won't in a lifetime if an opportunity to earn more presents itself I don't think she would just let it go by.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #2887
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree that she surely has some big goals which she is yet to reach but I think that money is always an issue. Even though she has earned what most won't in a lifetime if an opportunity to earn more presents itself I don't think she would just let it go by.
Of course, when she's offered big money exhibitions or lucrative endorsement deals, she's going to accept it, just like every high profile player.
She's already made enough to live well the rest of her life. Especially if she wants to marry Rory.
But you've been #1 player for 2 years, and still young, you want your legacy to be your tennis career ( and philantrophy work that famous, successful athletes do for those less fortunate)

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #2888
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course, when she's offered big money exhibitions or lucrative endorsement deals, she's going to accept it, just like every high profile player.
True, but if she managed to win something big her market value would go way up even compared to what it is now already. She's "hot," but in a completely non-vulgar "wholesome" way, she's very sweet and likable, she's one half of the most famous sports couple in the world - in short, she's EXTREMELY marketable, especially if hers would turn out to be a HOF type of career. So even from a financial perspective it's in her own best interests to look at the bigger picture rather than to quickly pursue some easy money at exhibitions while it might have a negative effect on her results in legitimate tour events. Not saying that she's doing that, but I think it's something she has to keep in mind whenever she's tempted to say "yes" when she's invited to participate in those things.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #2889
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
True, but if she managed to win something big her market value would go way up even compared to what it is now already. She's "hot," but in a completely non-vulgar "wholesome" way, she's very sweet and likable, she's one half of the most famous sports couple in the world - in short, she's EXTREMELY marketable, especially if hers would turn out to be a HOF type of career. So even from a financial perspective it's in her own best interests to look at the bigger picture rather than to quickly pursue some easy money at exhibitions while it might have a negative effect on her results in legitimate tour events. Not saying that she's doing that, but I think it's something she has to keep in mind whenever she's tempted to say "yes" when she's invited to participate in those things.
Its possible she cant play as well as she used to. That happened to young stars like Jankovic & Ivanovic.
So we will find out as these next few years go by.
But if she's still capable of winning mandatories and getting to slam finals, she should go for it. Because it will all be over in a few years, and then she can relax and live any lifestyle she wants

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2890
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It isn't just about money, it's about promoting tennis in areas that don't see many top players.
Agree with CWF. But whatever the reasons (plural) - I totally agree with the bolded part in Protoss post. I'm sure she's convinced herself she can do it all and it won't affect her performace. But I think she's not looking at it objectively. Too much wishful thinking I believe and not enough of a level-headed decision.

I really don't believe she would consciously put money earned at exhibitions above doing well on the tour - particularly IW and Miami. I don't believe for a moment that money is a higher priority for her than tennis. But what I really want to know is what do the people close to her who she trusts say. Are they just saying yes yes yes to Caro when she thinks she can do everything.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #2891
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Agree with CWF. But whatever the reasons (plural) - I totally agree with the bolded part in Protoss post. I'm sure she's convinced herself she can do it all and it won't affect her performace. But I think she's not looking at it objectively. Too much wishful thinking I believe and not enough of a level-headed decision.

I really don't believe she would consciously put money earned at exhibitions above doing well on the tour - particularly IW and Miami. I don't believe for a moment that money is a higher priority for her than tennis. But what I really want to know is what do the people close to her who she trusts say. Are they just saying yes yes yes to Caro when she thinks she can do everything.
It depends on whether she can play good tennis again. She dropped off, very much like Jankovic. Its almost 2 years since Caro was in a Tier I final, slam or manadatory, or premier 5.. IW 2011.
Thats the only factor going forward, besides staying healthy. Can she hold serve, close out sets, close out matches. Going to an exhibition wont matter

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2892
country flag goldenlox

This isnt a surprise. McIlroy might be one of the World's biggest sports stars the next 20 years, so his former girlfriend is still going to talk about him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #2893
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isnt a surprise. McIlroy might be one of the World's biggest sports stars the next 20 years, so his former girlfriend is still going to talk about him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
In Rory's ex girlfriends defense, the program is a year old. It was shown back in December 2011 in Ireland and I am sure, had she made similar noises since, we'd have heard about it

So could well have been actually filmed only a few month after Rory dumped her and as we know, 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2894
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
In Rory's ex girlfriends defense, the program is a year old. It was shown back in December 2011 in Ireland and I am sure, had she made similar noises since, we'd have heard about it

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepa...gets-racy.html

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM   #2895
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Oh dear. That is not a pretty sight

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote