Articles and Interviews - Page 192 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2866
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
nice, she has exhibition matches 2 days before Indian Wells starts and 1 day before Miami starts!
what is the exhibition caro play before miami?
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2867
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
what is the exhibition caro play before miami?
it's in Montreal against Eugenie Bouchard on March 18
http://www.stargamesinc.com/events/m...endezvous.html

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #2868
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

the tickets fir the hk exhibition are very expensive....don't think there will be many ppl watching...
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:04 AM   #2869
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
nice, she has exhibition matches 2 days before Indian Wells starts and 1 day before Miami starts!
IW and Miami are really important tournaments. I'm like WTF is she doing at these exos at those times.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM   #2870
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
IW and Miami are really important tournaments. I'm like WTF is she doing at these exos at those times.
Bizarre scheduling indeed. Especially when bearing in mind, she isn't good at travelling. That long flight from HK to I/W is bound to disrupt preparations for I/W and then flying to Canada between I/W and Miami ... Yes, agree, we need the smiley.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #2871
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Earning . I think they must have paid her a hefty sum for squeezing the exhos in her already tight schedule. How that's going to end up though...
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #2872
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Earning . I think they must have paid her a hefty sum for squeezing the exhos in her already tight schedule. How that's going to end up though...
She has to take majors & mandatories very seriously, because with Serena, Maria, Vika, Aga, Petra, Kerber.. and more...
Its going to be tough to get thru these draws. But I wouldnt worry about exos.
As long as she is very focused and trying best her best to win, not experimenting on things she doesnt do well, she should be okay.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #2873
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

While it's not exactly an accolade to make it into Brit tabloids, as they are mainly filled with articles about manufactured, auto-tuned Simon Cowell acts and ITV reality 'stars', this is from today's Daily Mail :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...roy-Dubai.html

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2874
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

SNUBBED: Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki was not invited to return to the Hopman Cup. Picture: Daniel Wilkins Source: PerthNow
THE conflict of interest allegations that dogged Tennis Australia's takeover of the Hopman Cup look set to be reignited amid claims the national body has turned away and snubbed the world's best players.

The managers of former world No.1 and current world No.10 Caroline Wozniacki and German world No.5 Angelique Kerber have claimed their charges were not approached to play Hopman Cup, which starts on December 29 at the new Perth Arena.

In the case of Kerber - this year's Copenhagen and Paris champion - the women's spot on the German team was filled by world No.126 Andrea Petkovic.

John Tobias, manager of Wozniacki who headlined the 2012 Hopman Cup, said the Dane was keen to return to Perth, but had not been invited and would instead join the long list of elite women bound for Brisbane.

"Caroline would have loved to return to Perth for the Hopman Cup," Tobias said.

"She really enjoyed her experience this past event. She was simply not invited back by the new event organisers. I was surprised as Caroline very much wanted to return."

Dirk Hordoff, manager of Kerber, citied the fines as the likely reason his player was not contacted.

"She didn't got (sic) invitation," Hordoff said. "Probably in fact that her ranking would bring the Hopman Cup... in conflict of WTA fines."

A high-ranking player who cannot be named has claimed she was turned away by new tournament manager TA, stating the reason was due to the national body's unwillingness to pay the player fines applicable for the game's best women to head to Perth and not a WTA event, such as Brisbane.

Suggestions of a failure to target the world's best were vehemently refuted by TA, with event director Steve Ayles saying the body had made several unsuccessful attempts to attract top 10 women to Perth.

"It's quite simple; we approached Andrea Petkovic a long time ago, when Petkovic had been top 10 and certainly from a marquee value, we think she's a great player," Ayles said.

"In terms of marquee value, public appeal and certainly in terms of ability at the time, when we started having discussions, Petkovic was top 10.

"As with this year, we will always approach the top-10 males and females and it is absolutely our desire to make the field as strong as possible and that includes top-10 women."

TA took control of the Hopman Cup earlier this year, sparking concerns over a conflict of interest given the national body's coinciding management of rival tournament, the Brisbane International; an event the body has pumped significant resources into in recent years to upgrade the women's draw to a WTA Premier competition.

The looming fields for both tournaments will add weight to the conflict debate; Hopman Cup has no top-10 women, while Brisbane this week spruiked having eight of the top 10 as "the strongest ever women's field".

It is just the second time in the Hopman Cup's 25-year history that there are no top-10 women coming to Perth, while just four of the eight are inside the top 50.

Last year's field boasted four top-10 women, with seven of the eight in the top 50.

Of the Hopman Cup field, only two women - Serbia's Ana Ivanovic and South Africa's Chanelle Scheepers - are the top-ranked players for their countries, with Scheepers' ranking of 60 precluding her from fines.

Ayles said the conflict debate was void and that Tennis Australia had made - and would always make - attempts to attract the world's best to Perth.

"As I've said all along, the players ultimately will make the decision where they want to play," Ayles said. "We can equally argue that, when we launched the field, we had three of the top 12 men and certainly Brisbane didn't have that."

The State Government, major stakeholder in the Perth tournament, remained unfazed when contacted for comment, with CEO of Tourism WA Stephanie Buckland saying the sponsor was "very happy with the quality of the field".

The world's top-50 women are obligated to compete in WTA events and are subjected to fines if they compete in rival tournaments, with the values ranging from $100,000 for the top-three, to $15,000 for players ranked 21-50.

That means players who attend the Hopman Cup and fall into that range are fined in accordance with the rules, as the Brisbane International is a WTA Premier event.

It was previously confirmed that the 2012 Hopman Cup was fully compliant with the fines, meaning the massive $370,000 bill attracted by the previous tournament's star-studded field was paid.

The Sunday Times understands the players were not left out-of-pocket, leaving either tournament owner, the International Tennis Federation, or the previous administration as having paid the cost.

Information received has suggested Tennis Australia is no longer prepared to pay such a large sum and the women's field and the next Hopman Cup will attract a total fines value of just $65,000 - a drop of more than $300,000 from last tournament - but it is a claim denied by the national body.

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2875
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post

The world's top-50 women are obligated to compete in WTA events and are subjected to fines if they compete in rival tournaments, with the values ranging from $100,000 for the top-three, to $15,000 for players ranked 21-50.

Are you fucking kidding me? How can this be considered a rival tournament? It's all good PR for women's tennis (well, and men's, but we don't care about them).
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #2876
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
It is just the second time in the Hopman Cup's 25-year history that there are no top-10 women coming to Perth, while just four of the eight are inside the top 50.
So according to the article, Caro was snubbed by the organizers. Ok. Their prerogative of course.

Kerber was apparently also snubbed and the other 8 top 10 players wasn't interested or 'snubbed' too?

And instead Hopman Cup organizers went for lower ranked players to minimize fines?

If indeed the case, it surely must raise some questions about the validity and future of this tournament.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #2877
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has to take majors & mandatories very seriously, because with Serena, Maria, Vika, Aga, Petra, Kerber.. and more...
Its going to be tough to get thru these draws. But I wouldnt worry about exos.
As long as she is very focused and trying best her best to win, not experimenting on things she doesnt do well, she should be okay.
It's not the exos per se and playing in them I'm worried about. It's the uneccessary late flying in from across the world and the extra flying to and out of Montreal that concerns me. And maybe she does get enough days before her 1st match at IW. But maybe not.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2878
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm glad she's not playing in Perth, it's pretty pointless. Been there done that. Brisbane is more important, this year more so with almost all the important players playing it.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #2879
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rory McIlroy is No 1 inspiration for proud girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...#ixzz2DJad4R7D

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #2880
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Well I'm glad she's not playing in Perth, it's pretty pointless. Been there done that. Brisbane is more important, this year more so with almost all the important players playing it.
I agree. Especially with her inconsistent results the past 18 months. Get matches against quality opponents & see where you stand going into Melbourne.
From an article posted in that thread, McIlroy's spending the month in Australia also