Articles and Interviews - Page 185 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #2761
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of
Re: Articles and Interviews

She was talking about the extra responsibilities connect with being nr.1. She has no problems balancing her everyday sponsorships and her training/playing. As nr.1, there's extra sponsor care, extra interviews, your used more by the WTA in promotions etc, and she had less time to practice than others during tournaments. She was just stating a fact.

At big tournaments, she's the one they called on to gladhand with sponsors etc. As she said, her body just said stop. Now she can play in the extra tournaments where she can work on her game against decent competition. I try not to live my live my life through tennis players or other sports people
manixdk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #2762
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
So what, you're are not allowed any debate on her forums?

Sorry you accuse me of trolling, but this post is the definition of trolling. There is no substance to your post. There is nothing constructive at all even.
And you claim there is any substance to your BS accusations? What do you know about how hard she trains or her commitments off court? Are you a member of her team? I guess that the answer to both of these questions would be no, so quit those weak attempts to patronise.

Several people asked you to leave so just GO. You would not be the first one who were banned from posting here. You have enough space in General Morons thread for your scientific analysis, so bye.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2763
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Press-conference: Caroline Wozniacki, 19.10.2012
http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/presscen...l?card_id=2576

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #2764
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
She was talking about the extra responsibilities connect with being nr.1. She has no problems balancing her everyday sponsorships and her training/playing. As nr.1, there's extra sponsor care, extra interviews, your used more by the WTA in promotions etc, and she had less time to practice than others during tournaments. She was just stating a fact.
Indeed. +1

Baffling some people cannot get it into their thick skulls.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #2765
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Firstly I wasn't comparing Caro to Federer. I merely stated that the whole media commitments held me back is just excuses, because others seem to be able to handle it, so why not her?
Because every person is different. Li Na and Petra Kvitova also had problems when they got catapulted to stardom. They also had problems dealing with expectations and dealing with the interest from the media and obligations that came with their new status in the game. In fact, Li Na said that there was hardly any time left for her tennis after she won the FO because everyone wanted a piece of her. Whether their comments are explanations or excuses doesn't really matter. They are pretty accurate descriptions of the situation they found themselves in and no doubt contributing factors to their probably temporary decline. Organizing your life in such a way that your tennis doesn't suffer despite the increased demands and obligations that come with 'stardom' is essential. Some have no problems with this at all, but some never learn to deal with the new situation they find themselves in while others manage to figure it out after a while.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #2766
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what, you're are not allowed any debate on her forums?
Quite the opposite. There's more debate about her on her forum that at GM where debate is confused with name-calling and ridicule. Most posters here are critical of Caroline, but they are so with her best interest in mind while the typical GM poster is only interested in lame gifs, making fun of her and insulting her.

Thank you LI NA
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #2767
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr not happy with the way Caro played today!

Piotr: Caro won't beat Stosur or Ivanovic playing like this!
http://translate.google.com/translat...tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #2768
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post

Wow. That is pretty harsh and critical and the person Caro respects more than anyone else is her Dad.

I hope that stings her into being even more determined to win tomorrow and she thinks like when they wouldn't let her play with them because she wasn't good enough. But then she worked and beat them all. Go on Caro - prove it to your Dad by beating Sam.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #2769
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She hasnt been playing well all year. I'm sure he knows it, she knows, we know it, everyone else knows it.
Tomorrow is a similar challenge to her recent matches with Aga & Kerber. So we'll see how she does.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #2770
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Wow. That is pretty harsh and critical and the person Caro respects more than anyone else is her Dad.
Not all articles may have been translated here, but during the years Piotr has made these sort of comments numerous time to Danish media.

He's a straight shooter and tells it how he sees it.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #2771
country flag CWTennis

Press-conference with Caroline Wozniacki 20.10.2012
http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/presscen.../?card_id=2610

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:30 AM   #2772
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She hasnt been playing well all year. I'm sure he knows it, she knows, we know it, everyone else knows it.
Tomorrow is a similar challenge to her recent matches with Aga & Kerber. So we'll see how she does.
Leaving aside the occasional match here and there Caroline hasn't played anywhere near her best all year. Having said that, in her last few tournaments she has played better than earlier in the year. It won't be enough to save her season even if she beats Sam Stosur, but at least she finishes the year on somewhat of a positive note. There's hope that her 2013 will be better than her 2012.

Thank you LI NA
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 06:35 AM   #2773
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post

It's kinda funny that one of the things he complains about is Caro's ROS. Breaking 10 times and being broken 8 times, you'd think her problem was somewhere else!
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 06:36 AM   #2774
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Leaving aside the occasional match here and there Caroline hasn't played anywhere near her best all year. Having said that, in her last few tournaments she has played better than earlier in the year. It won't be enough to save her season even if she beats Sam Stosur, but at least she finishes the year on somewhat of a positive note. There's hope that her 2013 will be better than her 2012.
Yup. Depending on how she does in Sofia she should have a fairly solid base of points that she can build on starting in January based on what she did from late September to the end of 2012. You also have to assume that next year she will go significantly deeper at the U.S. Open and at least a couple of rounds deeper at Wimbledon so there is hope that she can do much better next year.

I do think that it is very important that she has a good-great start of the year. From January till the end of March she needs to do at least as good as she did in 2012, if her results slip I think it will be very hard for her to improve her ranking over where it is now.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM   #2775
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
It's kinda funny that one of the things he complains about is Caro's ROS. Breaking 10 times and being broken 8 times, you'd think her problem was somewhere else!
Her ROS was great against, it let her stay in points others would have been out of.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote