Articles and Interviews - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #2386
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of
Re: Articles and Interviews

Piotr, the coaching duties off his shoulders, waxes philosophical. From the print edition of Jyllands Posten, July 27, 2012:

"It has never at any time been a question of her not being disciplined or not training properly. But she's had a lot of new things in her life she's had to relate to. Like the rankings and her relationship with Rory.

"Caroline's had time now to think a lot of things through. She understands, and accepts, that her situation is different. Like how to make two professional careers work together. It's given a lot of stuff to think through. She's back and happier than ever. She's refreshed her dream."
manixdk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2387
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Rory's take on Caroline

She stil believes in Herself.

Interview in Jyllands Posten.
Caro hasn't looked on the court like someone with a lot of self belief in quite a while.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #2388
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Grumpy Wozniacki Attacks

http://www.sporten.dk/ol-2012/vrisse...gik-til-angreb

The article is written on back of a PC Thursday. Apparently got off on a positive note, but then the usually questions about her slum in WTA ranking and performance started (reference to Tine Scheur would suggest it was Danish journalists and the whole 'never good enough' phrase, is also something Caroline has vented at Danish press before).

Caroline answered :

Yes, oh dear, it is not very good. I am WTA #8 in the world. It is a catastrophe. Really, I don't know how to get over it. I cannot sleep at night.

*She continued*

I am just thinking, people must be tired of asking the same questions all the time.

When I was top 100, people claimed I would never make top 50. I wasn't even close.

When I then reached top 50, people said I'd never reach Tine Scheuer's record (red : WTA #34).

When I beat that, I would never reach top 20, because that really required an extra step (red : up in level).

Then I reached that, but now top 10 was really difficult and actually impossible and would be a sensation, if it happened.

When I then reached that, it was top 5 and then top 3, but then it all wasn't quite right and it was only because my opponents almost gave up against me. Then I was #1 because of something else (red : excuse).

You get tired of the same questions all the time. It is never enough.

I think there are many, who'd like to be in my situation (red : position). 22 years old, been #1 in the world for 2 years, currently WTA #8, healthy, still opportunities and many years still to play in.

I don't think there's much to be bitter about.

The counter puncher in her Well said, she has a very realistic perspective. There are many who cannot get over the success she's had but she's proven herself with her results. The journalists, it seems, still try to badmouth all things Wozniacki as it is a click grabbing topic.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #2389
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Irrespective of how it was asked, and in the context of critique for the sake of controversy and tabloid sales, you would be dead wrong. It's who is asking that's relevant. There was nothing constructive about their articles during her rise and triumph.

So short of having paid for a ticket to a match where you feel the loss was down to lack of effort and asking for a refund, there is little to validate such a stance. Find another player to support if her results are an issue? Just look how itchy you get when called out on your drops in posting quality and criticism... And no this isn't a speech to say we all need to kiss her arse, rather it's stating the obvious that there is a huge difference between supporting and discussing a player (yes that means through ups and downs) and just taking pot shot at them be it for personal profit or pleasure.

Her point was simple. She has proved them wrong a thousand times, and they have no credibility left to warrant either asking the question or deserving a response, let alone proving a point. That applies to anyone always ripping her down or looking for her next defeat.
Troll alert...
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #2390
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.tennis.com/racquet_reac...wickmayer.html
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #2391
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
" The blonde Dane fought off 10 of the 12 break points she faced and hit 38 winners compared to Wickmayer's 30. " ..

When these blog writers cannot even get the simplest of statistics right, I am finding it very hard to take any of their opinions serious.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #2392
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, for me it is very simple. She's having an off year. Of course she is going to be asked about why that is. If people are obnoxious in the way they as their questions then they deserve an obnoxious reply but there is nothing wrong with pointing out that she is in decline and asking for her opinion about why that is. What else are the tennis media supposed to ask her about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I have to agree. All this heckling about the missing slam win was ridiculous when she was #1 but it's not unreasonable to call her current season a slump and to ask her about it.

Yes she still is #8 and she has accomplished a lot but the interesting question to me is, is she really this okay with the results as she wants to make it seem? Her actions speak against her, she wouldn't have changed coaches twice in the last 12 months if she was at peace with the situation. She can't be comfortable with potentially missing the YEC after being YE #1 for two consecutive years.

It's probably a case of her being, completely justifiable, over cautious and paranoid with the press given that they have given her non-stop shit even when she was successful. But still, this particular question is in no shape or form out of line, her current season is a mess and a tennis reporters job is to ask about it, these guys aren't there to kiss the players asses.
Yeah - I agree with DIAH and Jimmie above.

But that's not to say I have a problem with anything Caro said. Totally understand why she was annoyed and said that even though I think the press would be totally not doing their job not to ask her about her current year. And it is bad compared with last year and the year before and for me even when she was ranked lower but she was getting better and better all the time.

One thing for me though that I have to say is that when it comes to Caro at interviews on this subject - I don't expect to be get anything in an answer on those questions. Caro will just not go there - and I've realised that a long time ago. And I don't draw any conclusions either as to what she really thinks and say things like she's in denial either. She just wants to put a positive outlook on things as far as interviews go.

But when it comes to her team and coach - one thing she always says with them is that she wants them to tell her the bad and the good - everything. Not hold anything back from her. And I'm sure her current year are things which concern her and her team. But she's not keen on sharing that.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:28 PM   #2393
marineblue

I agree. She is not keen on sharing any specific information and for a good reason. The press having trolls like Cronin etc is waiting for any opportunity to twist her words or blow up an ordinary statement out of proportion.

Just her father saying that she can win this and that event, which she obviously could as she's a an accomplished player,was made into a sure thing claim whereas he was merely expressing the ambitions and not saying that she'd definitely win event A,B,C.

She probably also knows that press is trying to get her to be negative about her chances and by always replying positively she doesn't give them a chance.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM   #2394
marineblue

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Did Wozniacki pick up a British passport at some point? Third straight match on Centre Court tomorrow, yet Clijsters/Ivanovic on Ct. 18?!?

Caro again on centre tomorrow. Haters picked it up first as usual.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:31 PM   #2395
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Did Wozniacki pick up a British passport at some point? Third straight match on Centre Court tomorrow, yet Clijsters/Ivanovic on Ct. 18?!?

... lovin' it.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #2396
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post

It's as clear a lable of low inteligence as any pointed hat. It says everything when they can't see a larger picture.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:45 PM   #2397
marineblue

Quote:
It's as clear a lable of low inteligence as any pointed hat. It says everything when they can't see a larger picture.
Well,what level of intelligence would you expect from someone like Courtney Nguyen, who's something like Cronin's evil twin
His remark about a British passport is particularly hilarious in connection with non-Brits like Clijsters or Ivanovic.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM   #2398
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Wozniacki is complete at the Olympics after a clear defeat to Serena Williams. Now wait a month's preparation for the Grand Slam and the U.S. Open. It will be used to find a new weapon, says her Swedish coach.
http://translate.google.com/translat...tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #2399
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, it seems that Caroline wasn't completely happy with her Olympic experience:
http://www.sporten.dk/ol-2012/efter-...i-kritik-af-ol

She probably has a point. If the tennis players are fairly isolated from the rest of the athletes/fans it probably seemed like just another tournament.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2400
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hmm, it seems that Caroline wasn't completely happy with her Olympic experience:
http://www.sporten.dk/ol-2012/efter-...i-kritik-af-ol

She probably has a point. If the tennis players are fairly isolated from the rest of the athletes/fans it probably seemed like just another tournament.
Olympics tennis tournament in London 2012 is simply a discounted version of Wimbledon .. but we knew that going into the Olympics, so ....

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1