Articles and Interviews - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2326
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Hingis is still going at it

Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
Hingis also likes the comparison to Radwanska much better than she likes the one to Wozniacki.
Well, Radwanska's game IS more like Hingis' than Wozniacki's game.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #2327
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hingis is still going at it

Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
Hingis also likes the comparison to Radwanska much better than she likes the one to Wozniacki.
Interesting, Hingin, interesting. Given the H2H and career achievements between Caro and Aga, this is quite flattering for Caro in the end.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #2328
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, ezone probably has a point in that Caroline's retreiving game takes up a lot of energy. That might not be a problem initially, but in the long run it might take it's toll. As for weapons - Caroline HAS a weapon. Her backhand is one of the best in the game.
I gotta admit I'm concerned about the physicality of Caro's game over the long term. She logs a lot of miles on her legs.

Would a 28 year old Caro really want to be doing all this running on the tennis court? Even if she did, I think she wouldn't be able to do it quite as well at that point due to getting older.

Caro's backhand is only a weapon if she's mentally inclined to use it as such.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2329
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
"All she does is make more errors in the rallies".
And that is what is killing her. It's not even because she's going for anything and compensating by getting more winners. I remember so well her being killed by Sveta at USO 2010. One of my favourite matches because it summed up everything about a David and Goliath situation. Caro just hung in there. She did make some very good shots herself but mostly all she could do was fight and hang in. But most importantly she gave Sveta nothing. Sveta had to win all her points. I'm absolutely convinced Sveta would have beaten nearly everyone then she was playing so free and well. It was so close to being a whitewash. And just a few free and gifted points here and there and it's all over in 2 sets.
Caro played Kuznetsova at the US Open in 2009 and 2011. It sounds like you're referring to the 2009 match.

Kuznetsova was on fire the 1st set in the 2009 US Open match but her level dropped quite a bit after that.

I found the 2011 US Open match was bothersome considering how Caro had comfortably beaten Kuznetsova in straight sets in their previous 2 matches.

I prefer the Dubai final where Caro actually took it to Kuznetsova.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2330
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Absolutely. She's got a weapon. She only has to be willing to pull the trigger.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #2331
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I gotta admit I'm concerned about the physicality of Caro's game over the long term. She logs a lot of miles on her legs.

Would a 28 year old Caro really want to be doing all this running on the tennis court? Even if she did, I think she wouldn't be able to do it quite as well at that point due to getting older.

The positive from her slump is that she's barely playing any matches. So its just practicing and training taking a toll on her. Its not a long week of matches anymore.
She used to grind thru tournament after tournament, almost never losing early. She should be rested for this summer/fall, but I dont think that will help her win matches, because she lost her last 3 with fresh legs, and they were all winnable.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2332
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

She logs a lot less miles than most professional athletes out there. I really don' see it being an issue.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #2333
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The positive from her slump is that she's barely playing any matches. So its just practicing and training taking a toll on her. Its not a long week of matches anymore.
She used to grind thru tournament after tournament, almost never losing early. She should be rested for this summer/fall, but I dont think that will help her win matches, because she lost her last 3 with fresh legs, and they were all winnable.
Pretty sure if you log the hours, that matches account for less than a few percent of her excersions. Matches aren't the cause of burn out, that would be a lack of sufficient recovery time and rest. Lack of matches (and that means against top oponants) relates more to match form and mental fitness. Thats an issue long on the boil even during her run.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2334
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro lost week 1 FO, so she was off week 2, then the next week off. Then lost round 1 Eastbourne, then lost round 1 Wimbledon, then off week, and off week next week.
So she played 2 matches in 6 weeks. Should be very fresh when she plays again

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2335
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Caro lost week 1 FO, so she was off week 2, then the next week off. Then lost round 1 Eastbourne, then lost round 1 Wimbledon, then off week, and off week next week.
So she played 2 matches in 6 weeks. Should be very fresh when she plays again
I dunno. It may be very strenuous walking around a golf course.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #2336
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Get back to work...
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #2337
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know, with the results Rory is having lately I don't believe that is an issue.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #2338
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

A little article from the Irish Sun - nice. Woz feels like an ace birdie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ce-birdie.html
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #2339
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Another funny thing about Wimby 2012 - Caroline Wozniacki steals the show after her brief appearance

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/wimb...e-7924441.html
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #2340
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Another funny thing about Wimby 2012 - Caroline Wozniacki steals the show after her brief appearance

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/wimb...e-7924441.html
I dont think it was meant as a compliment

BEST GOLF WAG: Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki, the former women’s world No1 who was beaten in the first round at this year’s Championships, becoming more famous for her lingerie line and boyfriend Rory McIlroy than anything she manages to serve up on court.