Articles and Interviews - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #1636
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

On another note...some of you may disagree with this

http://blogs.bettor.com/Rory-McIlroy...-world-a132224
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1637
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
On another note...some of you may disagree with this

http://blogs.bettor.com/Rory-McIlroy...-world-a132224
The bear is currently sleeping. Do not poke him and wake him from his peaceful slumber. He is always cranky when awakened from peaceful slumbering.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #1638
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Confused and scared ....

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/carolin...e-og-forvirret

according to Matt Cronin. (there's an original blog somewhere, but there'll be a lot of snow in hell, before I personally will spend time searching for a Matt Cronin blog).

Critic is incorrect says Michael Tauson (TV2, danish television, tennis pundit). Tauson is an ex ATP player. I am not sure if he's worked with Caroline.

Tauson doesn't see much panic and thinks the critiques should take a deep breath and remember the great results Caroline has delivered over last couple of years.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:39 AM   #1639
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/forelsk...aar-fantastisk
Quote:
Love McIlroy: It is amazing
Rory McIlroy will visit soon, Denmark for the first time with his girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki, he said in an interview with sporten.dk.

The whole world can follow their relationship on Twitter, but Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki also see each other in reality. The relationship between the star golf and tennis darling does not exist only in cyberspace, says nordireren which, like all other young men were tested a bit by his girlfriend's father in the beginning.

- Our relationship is really good. Caroline has just been in New York, but come down here and be over the weekend, says Rory McIlroy as sporten.dk meet him at the PGA National Resort in Florida these days is the host of The Honda Classic on the U.S. tour.

McIlroy was the girlfriend of Wozniacki last summer and twitter like the relationship with the 850,000 people who follow his updates.
For example. when he a few weeks ago wrote with beating heart, that he was on his way to the airport to pick up his girlfriend, whom he not have seen in a month.

- Yes, but it is also the longest period that we've been apart since we began to be seen. We see indeed each other a lot and kept both Christmas and New Year together. Things are going great. Next week we take a few days together in New York, she should play Indian Wells, but afterwards she comes down to me in Florida again, says the 22-year-old krøltop, like Wozniacki was introduced to his sport by his father.
My father has set itself on the back seat now in my career where Caroline's father is still with the promotion because he did coach her, but Piotr also gives her room to be themselves. It has indeed also needed. Nobody can of course stand to have his dad hanging around all the time.

Wozniacki might seem a bit brusque. How do you feel?

- We are happy together, says Rory McIlroy, but facial expression shows that his thoughts are more nuanced than his answers.
After a brief pause and a wry smile, he adds.

- When you learn Piotr know, he's a nice guy. He has a good sense of humor. The first few weeks I might just break a few walls down.

Have you been to Denmark?
- No, not yet, but I get to april to Caroline's tournament. I'm looking for, says McIlroy, referring to e-Boks Open, played the week after Masters at Augusta.

- It's the first big goal for me, says McIlroy, who over his girlfriend has not been number one in the world, but instead have won one of his greatest sports tournaments, namely Major Tournament U.S. Open.

Had it not been for a collapse in the last round of the Masters, he should have won it in 2011. Rory McIlroy believes himself that it was all bustle that helped to knock him out.

- This year I would not read as many newspapers and see so many sports that week. I think I just stay inside in my little bubble. I will also keep me from Twitter.
New York- Florida- New York- Indian Wells- Florida
When does she practice?
It's not a good preparation for Indian Wells!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1640
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post

When does she practice?
Princess Airmiles ... but hopefully that schedule is not correct.

New York (for exho and smooching), then I/W, then Florida for more smooching and a bit of tennis, time permitting.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1641
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When does she practice?
It's so frustrating, especially when you think about how these other girls are working to surpass her in the meantime.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM   #1642
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When does she practice?
There are tennis courts in all those places. It's probably a mistake to think that on days when she's with Rory she doesn't practice.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1643
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
There are tennis courts in all those places. It's probably a mistake to think that on days when she's with Rory she doesn't practice.
We do agree on that there's no way that the focus is the same, don't we? If I look at the other players I follow on Twitter, all of them are at IW already or on their way, they carefully prepare themselves on site and that's something Caro just isn't doing in this case (and other times before recently), even though her results would be calling for it big time.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1644
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
We do agree on that there's no way that the focus is the same, don't we? If I look at the other players I follow on Twitter, all of them are at IW already or on their way, they carefully prepare themselves on site and that's something Caro just isn't doing in this case (and other times before recently), even though her results would be calling for it big time.
Well, yeah, that's true. I don't mind that he's around but I would prefer that he would come to where she is rather than the other way around. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to play a exhibition either, but I'm not a big fan of exhibitions anyway - they always seem kinda pointless to me, although I don't doubt that the money is great.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1645
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, yeah, that's true. I don't mind that he's around but I would prefer that he would come to where she is rather than the other way around. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to play a exhibition either, but I'm not a big fan of exhibitions anyway - they always seem kinda pointless to me, although I don't doubt that the money is great.
I think it will be interesting to compare how Caroline and Maria do in Indian Wells. Obviously they are completely different players but I am curious to see how the exhibition effects their play.

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM   #1646
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When does she practice?
Ugh. It would be nice if Caro were to be focused on her tennis.

I think it was during one of her press conferences at the Australian Open where Caro said she may watch Rory play golf the week after Miami (which is the week before Copenhagen).
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 06:12 AM   #1647
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ugh. It would be nice if Caro were to be focused on her tennis.

I think it was during one of her press conferences at the Australian Open where Caro said she may watch Rory play golf the week after Miami (which is the week before Copenhagen).
At this point I'm not certain that she needs any more "wake up calls" but if she loses early in Copenhagen surely she will seriously rethink things?

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #1648
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
At this point I'm not certain that she needs any more "wake up calls" but if she loses early in Copenhagen surely she will seriously rethink things?
Like I said before, I'm really worried about Copenhagen because the pressure to win there is enormous. That's a tournament everybody basically expects her to win and it will be no cakewalk looking at her current form and the draw.

But even if she loses there I'm not hopeful that it would cause any big reaction to be honest. Losing the #1 ranking and the alarming rate at which she's dropping down the rankings should be plenty of reasons to worry but still the biggest thing on her mind seems to be when to watch golf next. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe she's totally determined to get back on top but she has found a very good way to hide her ambitions then...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1649
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Q&A: John McEnroe Takes A Swing At Federer, Wozniacki, BNP Paribas Showdown And The Future Of Tennis
http://www.nysportsjournalism.com/qa...n-mcenroe-312/
Quote:
NYSJ: Regarding Caroline Wozniacki, she dropped to No. 4 in the world following her loss in the Australian Open after having been No. 1 for most of the previous 67 weeks. Is she motivated and skilled enough to regain the No. 1 ranking and win a Grand Slam?

JM: I've heard someone say this before, and I think it was accurate, that now that she's not ranked No. 1, she can take a step back to work on her game. It makes sense. She definitely felt the pressure and wasn't performing as well as perhaps we had expected her to or thought she was going to. We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that she has been consistent and that she was there for most of the time. The gap is very close among the top women's players. There is a fine line. But I don't think anyone in the women's game doesn't feel that if Serena Williams (currently ranked No. 11] or Kim Clijsters [currently ranked No. 35] played a full schedule that they would be ranked No. 1 and No. 2. And Venus Williams would be Top Ten. Maria Sharapova (ranked No. 2 behind Victoria Azarenka) has gotten back to where we expected her to be.

NYSJ: Wozniacki is still looking for her first Grand Slam win. What is the outlook for her this year in the remaining three Grand Slam events?

JM: She was in [the 2009 U.S. Open] Grand Slam finals. She has been successful. So it's not like she has fallen off. Honestly, I don't believe that anyone ever said that Wozniacki is a better player than Serena Williams. I never did. And I'm pretty sure that [Wozniacki] didn't feel that way. The WTA [Women's Tennis Assn.] needs players to play. So in certain ways they are thankful that Wozniacki plays as many tournaments as she does. So she should be given credit for trying to drive the Tour. She's a very nice girl. She's a pretty girl. She does a lot of good things. But the focus is on the negative. Perhaps she has gotten too much criticism.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #1650
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

McEnroe really doesn't take a swing at all here.
backhandsmash is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote