Your personal experience with Tamarine Tansugarn - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM   #1
country flag wateva

wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute
Your personal experience with Tamarine Tansugarn

Hi guys...
Just wanted to say that Tamarine is a really nice girl and thoroughly deserves her latest title.

I was hoping to share with you my personal experience with Tamarine when I went to Paris for Roland Garros.

It was day 2 of the tournament and me and my friend were roaming the courts when we caught Tamarine practising with Alla Kudryavtseva. It started with both serving and returning and lastly proceeded to playing a practice set.

It was obvious that Tammy wasn't reading the shots well on clay and Alla was killing her. Still, she applauded Alla's nice shots even though she was claerly frustrated.

I think she lost the practise set pretty badly (6-1 or 6-2) and she was very furious with herself when her practice partner/doubles partner Vanc talked to her at the end of the practice session. I was a bit apprehensive about approaching her as she didn't have a good practice session but I took my chance anyway.

I waved my hand at her and called out her name. She gave me a wide smile and indicated to the side gate so that she could give me her autograph. When she came out, she autographed for us and pleasantly agreed to take photos with us. She then asked us where we were from and we replied Singapore. She gave a very cute reply, "Oh Singapore! Terima Kasih! (Malay for thank you)"

I'm very surprised by her kindness and her wide smile when we wished her luck for her first round match. All these after a pretty bad practise session. This goes to show that Tammy is truly a very nice girl and even though she is not my absolute fave, I have new-found respect for this polite lady and will always have this memory for the rest of my life. Keep fighting Tammy!

Now, could you guys share your experience with Tamarine?

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM   #2
country flag Adia

Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice Adia is just really nice
Re: Your personal experience with Tamarine Tansugarn

Wow thank u so much for sharing the experience. i got one big experience with her either. Really honestly i was her fan since i didn't know what kind of sport tennis is. I heard her name on TV which is not quite like native Thai, and it's so charismatic that i decided to have raquet to play the tennis.Looking back it's been around eleven years to now.I have played tennis since then.

A few years ago, when our country, Thailand, held an invitation match for the Tsunami victims with Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams, also along with Tamarine and Suchanun Viratprasert in double session. I received a ticket from a friend and was so glad to see them all. They were really professional incredible. After the double match, i ran from the seat to another stadium where she prepared to take a car to the airport. It was like a running crossing another side of world to make a record. I'd kill to meet her once before she would leave me for the rest of my life. And my exhaust disappeared when she walked out the gate and met me. I totally revealed how much she is important to my tennis and how much i admire her. Tammy, like an angel, took off her cap and signed her name on it and gave it to me. I could not do nothing, but burst into tears.

Til last November, I and my friends who are her fans were invited by her mother for a dinner. It was a great welcome and most worth-remembering crusine ever in my life. Everyone of us enjoyed the food, talking about our experience with her, joking, everything...it was such an honor for us. We spent kinda like before six pm to midnight and Tammy and her mother drove us home!!! We are just students and live in so very different areas of Bangkok city. We can not forget this.

Before leaving she asked us if we would like to hit a tennis with her. Who can say NO to Ms. living legendary tennis of ur country??? So we met again after fedcup. Again, she presented us a chance to play tennis with her. There were six of us, Mr. Jiro from Jirobkk.com, Tamarine and her friend. It went so unbelieveable that she gave us a clinic tennis...u know, i've been playing tennis for more than ten years, but i couldn't get the back right back to her, coz i was so nervous and she passed them so gentle in order that we could let them in play.

What's more? While some were talking and taking photos with her, i was playing in sets with the other guys. U know what? I was amazed when she's convinced herself by that i was resemble to her on courts. She told me that i looked really like her. I felt so Tamarine that day hehehe. She called me Tammy Two and cheering me from behind "Tammy Tammy" while i was in the games...sorry i lost two straight sets. It's bundle of feeling kinda like nervous and happy at the same time...really honestly i was kicking my feet as trying to set up for the balls

When being asked to give us a professional hit, she didn't hesitate abit, instead, she turned to me and picked me to do the tennis with her.I swear to god it was so hard to them back to her...loosing any kind of controls i tried to spread it back, but she was still with big SMILE But after that, she gave me such a useful piece of advice that i still remember to play tennis until now.

What i'm trying to share here is my experience where i have Tamarine as my model and idol in my tennis. She's so nice, warm, generous, athletic, with hospitality and sense of humor. I'm so happy that she won the title and gained more support. I can't do tennis without her in my life. So i give it up to her, Tamarine Tanasugarn.

Tammy Two

Last edited by Adia : Jun 23rd, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
Adia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:43 AM   #3
country flag Nicky_608

Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of Nicky_608 has much to be proud of

Tammy
tammy is such a nice person
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #4
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute

For me, I just starts to cheer Tamarine (and Paradorn) in the Hopman Cup back in 1999 which Tammy and Paradorn got the runner-up there. I think I watched every matches, both played well and this is the start of tennis booming in Thailand.

4 years later, I comes and cheer Tammy and Thai FEDCup team against the Australian Team (Stosur, Pratt, etc) which Thai won 3-2... Tammy played really well and this is the first time I saw Tammy in person. She is cute and friendly as always... during the match Tammy always smile, smile and smile then I try to cheer Tammy both on the internet and in the tournaments... I just took the photo with Tammy when the first WTA Thailand Open held in Rama Garden Hotel... thank you Mr.Jiro again for that opportunity and this is my first time talking with Tammy... Tammy is just like an easy-going people, she always smile and nice during a conversation.

I don't know how to say more about Tammy, there are many good moments with her... both Adia and wateva's posts are really touching and I'm happy that there are some people supporting Tammy in the way Tammy are