2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #61
country flag wanabgator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wanabgator has disabled reputation
Re: 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
so you think cohen left because of that reason?
No. I was not referring to any player. My opinion, the forums tend to blame coaches, injuries, personal problems etc. when a player leaves. Could be true. However, I don't remember ever reading that academics played a role with an athlete transfering. I bet it has played a huge role. Afterall, the athlete is there for an education not just to play tennis. This is probably a new concept for some players.
wanabgator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #62
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Wanabgator.. you get it.

Bingo... and that new concept comes out in two ways:

1) Academic shortfall

or

2) Quit playing tennis because the combo (academics and work load to play high level tennis) is more than they desire. Some transfer, some stay but pay own way without tennis and some quit college completely and go home to other countries to study without tennis.

It is a huge step up from HS & JR TENNIS to Top 50 D1 tennis PLUS college academics

I personally am much more suspect of those few uni's (seem to be in Texas area; one in Dallas area and one in middle of nowhere) that constantly get MULTIPLE transfers. I've heard of atleast two cases with very illegal offers without permission to speak and the on-going year after year after year pattern is interesting.

Last edited by form : Jul 14th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #63
country flag wanabgator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Form... Thank you for the backup and your additional comments.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #64
country flag form

For the top 50 programs... it is a big jump in workload tennis wise as much as academics. Few if any juniors practice 3 hours per day, 5 days per week, both semesters. It doesn't take long to seperate those still into tennis and those that were 'just' using tennis as a means to get a scholarship.

Now, below the 35-100 level, many programs only practice as little as 90 minutes per day and the results are indicative. Likewise, some kids prefer that as the tennis is clearly 2nd fiddle (or lower) rather than equal in importance.

There are many cases where kids left programs because they just didn't really want to work on their tennis that much... and went to program where less time and effort was expected.

Florida has a tremendous academic and tennis reputation. And he continues to reload even when those not interested in that working at BOTH high academics and high tennis move on.

Last edited by form : Jul 14th, 2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #65
country flag wanabgator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Re: 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only" Florida has a tremendous academic and tennis reputation. And he continues to reload even when those not interested in that working at BOTH high academics and high tennis move on.

Absolutely! It's important to find the right student/athlete for any college program.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #66
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Baylor

Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Baylor for 2009-10.

1. Taylor Ormond #48 - jr.
2. Lenka Broosova #35 - sr.
3. Jelena Stanivuk #47 - jr.
4. Csilla Borsanyi #68 - sr.
5. Nina Secerbegovic #123 - so.
6. Kasia Siwosz - sr.
7. Karolina Filipiak - jr.
8. Zuzana Chmelarova - sr.

Incoming
1. Carla Lindlar - fr.

I don't think Lindlar is a walk-on because it would be unusual of Baylor announcing the signing of a walk-on.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #67
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Kansas State

Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Kansas St. for 2009-10.

1. Antea Huljev - jr.
2. Masha Slupska - so.
3. Nina Sertic - so.
4. Petra Chuda - so.
5. Natasha Vieira - sr.
6. Vanessa Cottin - jr.

Incoming
1. Karla Bonacic - fr.
2. Ana Gomez - fr.
3. Carmen Borau - fr.
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #68
country flag gouci

My laptop is working again as of Wednesday and that feels so good I'll probably go on a posting frenzy for the next week.

Khunpak Issara of Thailand

She's living in Southern California and the top 4 CA Pac 10 schools currently have no openings. I would speculate Pepperdine would be the front runner to sign Issara if she decides to play college tennis in Spring 2010.
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM   #69
country flag form

Pepp is full if they have indeed signed Colffer.

What have UCI (3) and Cal Poly (2) and CSUN (4 if Fournell medical's out) added?

LOTS of questions there
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #70
country flag gouci

Pepperdine minus Catherine Isip, Anne-Christine Voicu & Zlatka Petrova = 3 slots open

Pepperdine adds Marie Zalameda & Arianna Colffer = 1 slot to fill
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #71
country flag gouci

UC Irvine

- UC Irvine will get 5 star ??? .
She will probably graduate early to play (top 3 singles) for UCI in Spring 2010.

Here's a hint Form.

(1st name 5 letters) = _ _ _ i _

(last name 8 letters) = _ _ _ _ a _ _ _
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #72
country flag form

Wow, looks like the long missing league championship is Irvine's this year.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #73
country flag gouci

More hints

Hint #2.

(1st name 5 letters) = _ _ r i _

(last name 8 letters) = _ _ _ _ a _ a _

Hint #3.

In May 2009 this future UCI player defeated another American recruit who had a WTA top 600 ranking and will be a freshman this season for a top 10 national powerhouse school.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #74
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light

April Bisharat
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #75
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USTennisfan View Post
April Bisharat
Yep..beat Danielle Mills in 50k Carson qualies....Mills is going to Miami

Glad to see April going to school and not wasting money traveling around lol....her counterpart/BFF Mia Fiocca is going to some Division 2 school Barry I think idr...April needs to get fit and she will be even a better player.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote