2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM   #16
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only"

Good for Villajuan that she was accepted by #39 ranked Louisville. But I don't see her getting any playing time unless she is really good in doubles...or maybe if Louisville ever plays Denise Liebschner's team, conference member Villanova, Villajuan may get into the singles line-up.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 22nd, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM   #17
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Seton Hall , not Villanova , and she's # 1 there. How about that. Also very happy (loves being in line up every day and living just outside NYC). Lot's of different fits for different people.

A good rising program but I'll take any of the top 3 BW schools last year in a match up with Louisville... looking at results and all.... yet another quirk in last year's odd rankings...

But a very good offer for her though there will be a lot of indoor tennis Dec-Feb. Wet and cold.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

My bad, I got Seton Hall mixed up with Villanova, who UC Riverside destroyed 2 years ago. Seton Hall and Villanova are 2 of several Division 2 caliber teams in the basement of the Big East.

However Louisville in my opinion is legit. Let's look at their wins last year:
34 Tulsa
41 South Florida
48 South Alabama
60 Virginia Tech
61 Depaul
62 Michigan State
73 Indiana State
75 SMU

Beating Louisville may just put Long Beach State over the top in securing an NCAA at-large berth prior to entering the brutal Big West tournament this year.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #19
country flag gouci

UC Irvine

Zoe De Bruycker
Medium chance - May end up at Pepperdine, UC Davis or UCI.

Knunpak Issara
Remote chance - Brother Khunpol plays tennis at UCI. Won an ITF junior event 2 weeks ago. Achieved highest ITF ranking this month. May try the pro circuit if she continues to play well.
UC Davis is another remote possibility.

Subbadharmi Sundaram
Remote chance - Has been playing the ITF women's circuit the last 2 years. Was coached by Trevor Kroneman, the current men's tennis head coach at UCI.

Stacey Tan
Remote chance - If she decides to play college tennis the leading contenders may be Duke and Yale.
Other possible destinations include Notre Dame where her brother plays tennis, Washington and Stanford.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #20
country flag form

Well on the same theme and logic

Concordia University

Lindsay Davenport
Remote chance - Lives in area but has been playing the women's circuit for a few years. Other possible destinations but she has actually heard of the school.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #21
country flag gouci

Form you don't seem to know the difference between the ITF women's circuit and the WTA women's tour.

Let me explain.
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) women's circuit is like the minor leagues of tennis.
The ITF events have 5 levels. $10,000, 25k, 50k, 75k and 100k tournaments.
Finalists of the 25k tournaments get entry into the qualifying draw of a lower WTA Tier 4 or 3 event.
Finalists of the 50k or higher tournaments get a wild card into the main draw of a lower WTA Tier 4 or 3 event.

The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) tour events have 5 levels in rising order. Tier 4, Tier 3, Tier 2, Tier 1 and Grand Slam events.
So 5 tiers for the minor leagues, ITF women's circuit, and 5 tiers for the major leagues, the WTA women's tour!

Last edited by gouci : Nov 9th, 2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #22
country flag form

Gee thanks.

Perhaps you might want to use the same theory to 'guesstimate' who might be joining Eater Women's Tennis... just aim a bit lower ....

Key word 'guesstimate'
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #23
country flag gouci

Form when you talk in riddles I don't know what you're getting at sometimes.

You asked if anyone got any ideas about where players are going and I responded. But stay tuned, I'm not done yet and more to come.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #24
country flag gouci

Julia Boserup
If she signs early I think the contenders are Stanford, UCLA, Virginia. Princeton may be a longer shot.

Mallory Burdette
I think the contenders are Stanford and Georgia.

Danielle Lao
I think the likely choice is USC or Northwestern.

Elizabeth Epstein
I think the contenders are Vanderbilt, Northwestern and Yale.

More to come
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #25
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Lao is heading to USC in 2010. I wanted her to go to Cal.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #26
country flag gouci

Thanks for the scoop Tennisace.

I wanted Lao to take up one of the UCLA/USC/Stanford/Cal open slots this year!
Guess Lao will join USC when they make a push for the title in 2010-2011 with a huge class of seniors.

USC in 2010 explains why Lao hasn't showed up on the 2009 girls commitment list. I guess she is taking a year off to play the ITF women's circuit. I'm just surprised more top 10 players don't negotiate verbals with the provision to take a year off to try making the pros.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM   #27
country flag gouci

As speculated, with the openings filled up at Vanderbilt (Alison Riske) and Northwestern (Kate Turvy, Linda Abu Mushraf & Brittany Wowchuk), Elizabeth Epstein verbals to Yale.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #28
country flag gouci

Gina Suarez - 5 star
I think a possibility may be North Carolina State.

Sarah Leonard - 5 star
I think the contenders are Dartmouth, Wake Forest & Rice. Yale in her home state of Connecticut may be a remote possibility.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 14th, 2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #29
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Tayler Davis is going to Cal.
Cierra Gaytan-Leach is not looking at any of those schools. She has narrowed it down to one of the Arizona's (don't remember which) and UT.
Amalgamate by UT did you mean University of Texas, Utah or maybe University of Tennessee?
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #30
country flag gouci

Brynn Boren - 5 star

I heard that she plans on taking a year off after high school to play internationally.