Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #121
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

well, she's not playing makarska
good news though: zagreb was "uncancelled"--it's a 50K now though. good chance to get some points
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #122
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

More success for Tereza. In the SFs at Bol she beat Karolina PLISKOVA in straight sets, 63 75. This is a good win, as Pliskova was the #5 seed and is ranked #366.

In the final Tereza plays Valentina SULPIZIO, the #8 seed and ranked #477 (career high: #345). Tereza is the underdog but it's definitely winnable.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #123
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happens in the final, this is a very good result. Not only is she finally in top500 and on a new career-high, but she's really making a steady improvement after a slow start of '09.

Ajmo Tereza
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #124
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately she lost, but it was a good, three set fight. Now a week off, and then either Zagreb 50k qualies or Mostar 10k MD (2nd seed there for now).
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #125
country flag ma re

She's #504 as of today.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM   #126
country flag ma re

She got a MD WC for Zagreb 50k(), but plays Tatishvili in R1

Good luck Tereza
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #127
country flag ma re

Another jump in the rankings - as of this week, world's #484
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #128
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Tereza is playing in this week's $25K in Sweden. She qualified for the MD and got a very good win in R1, beating Aurelie Vedy (#294; career high #260) 36 64 62.

Unfortunately in R2 she plays the #2 seed, Ekaterina Bychkova (#161; career high #66). The only other time she ever played anyone ranked in the top 200, she lost 06 06 (that was last July in Zagreb).

Tereza has dropped quite a bit in the rankings over the past month but after this tournament she'll move back up to ~565-570. Fortunately she's defending very few points the rest of this year so she should be able to move back into the top 500 fairly easily.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #129
country flag networthy

In a shocking upset, Tereza defeated Bychkova in R2, including with a bagel! I never expected that. The score was 16 64 60. With this win, Tereza will move up to ~545-550.

In the QFs, Tereza plays Reka-Luca Jani (#465). They've played twice before, both times in 2009, both times on clay and Tereza won both times. Hope it happens again!
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #130
country flag ma re

Niiice
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #131
country flag networthy

Tereza is the #4 seed qualifier in next week's $25K in Sweden. She got a bye in R1 and in R2 plays Anna Fitzpatrick, the #9 seed, for a place in the MD. Anna is #803 but career-high #318; in March she came back from an 8-month absence but has only played five matches since then and won just one. Good luck, Tereza!
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #132
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Tereza qualified for MD, defeated Fitzpatrick (9th seed) 6:1 6:1!

Well done, good luck with draw
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #133
country flag networthy

The draw couldn't have been much better for Tereza. In R1 she plays a local WC, Anna Brazhnikova, who's currently at her career-high rank of #600. This is another good chance for Tereza to pick up a few more points. If she wins, she'll move back into the top 500. Good luck!
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #134
country flag ma re

I expected she'll qualify here, so no real surprise, hope her good run continues into the MD.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM   #135
country flag networthy

In R1 Tereza defeated Anna BRAZHNIKOVA 75 76(2). It wasn't easy but a win is a win. With it, Tereza will now move back into the top 500 (at around #495).

In R2 she plays the #7 seed, Johanna LARSSON, 20 years old and a local player, who is ranked #239 (career-high #155). It'll be very tough for Tereza but at least she won a match and picked up some valuable ranking points.