Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #316
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Tereza easily got past Andrei (2 & 1), but then she got really unlucky with the draw and lost to the 4th seed Parmentier by the same score. Of course, no shame for Tereza in losing to WTA #88 and a former #40, and I'm sure it was something new to experience. Hope she draws positive things from this, cause considering the circumstances, this was a good week.

P. S. The paradox here is that because Ajla Tomljanovic pulled out, Andrei got in as a LL and defeated #194 and a former top 100 Olivia Sanchez in straights, so she's through to R2 and Tereza is packing her bags...
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #317
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Tereza almost made it directly to the MD of Istanbul 25k, but still ended up as the 2nd seed of qualies. She got a bye in QR1, and easily took care of Jirnova (a 30 y.o. who's never been ranked...), 6:0, 6:1 in QR2. And somehow I have a feeling this tournament doesn't have QR3, or I'm missing something.
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #318
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Tereza almost made it directly to the MD of Istanbul 25k, but still ended up as the 2nd seed of qualies. She got a bye in QR1, and easily took care of Jirnova (a 30 y.o. who's never been ranked...), 6:0, 6:1 in QR2. And somehow I have a feeling this tournament doesn't have QR3, or I'm missing something.
Just two qualy rounds, which means Tereza qualified--with the loss of just one game
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #319
country flag ma re

R1 draw is quite nice for Tereza, she plays De Lattre, a 23 y.o. who's currently at a c-h #357 - one of the lowest ranked direct entries. BUT...this girl just won 2 consecutive 10k's during the past two weeks. BUT...that means she could be quite tired. Hmmmmm...

Doubles R1: Buzarnescu/Mrdeza vs. (3) Chaknashvili/Piven

Good luck Tereza!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #320
country flag ma re

It's not much, but still there are positive changes for Tereza's ranking; moves up in both singles (610->592) and doubles (534->469). Keep it up Tereza!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #321
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
R1 draw is quite nice for Tereza, she plays De Lattre, a 23 y.o. who's currently at a c-h #357 - one of the lowest ranked direct entries. BUT...this girl just won 2 consecutive 10k's during the past two weeks. BUT...that means she could be quite tired. Hmmmmm...
Tereza beat De Lattre 63 46 75

Quote:
Doubles R1: Buzarnescu/Mrdeza vs. (3) Chaknashvili/Piven
Buzarnescu/Mrdeza won 5-7 6-3 10-7
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #322
country flag ma re

Well done Tereza! Next opponent will be the winner of (5) Sirotkina vs. Dinu, and QF doubles opponets will be Andrei/Dinu (unseeded).

Good luck!
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #323
country flag networthy

Quote:
Well done Tereza! Next opponent will be the winner of (5) Sirotkina vs. Dinu
Sirotkina (#250) lost so Tereza will instead play Dinu, who is ranked much lower (#400).
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #324
country flag networthy

Tereza lost today in both singles and doubles

At least she picked up 8 points this week. It's not much but it's better than nothing and it will still lift her ranking by ~40 spots, into the mid 500s.

Better luck next week.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #325
country flag ma re

Too bad, there was a chnace for more here (at least on paper). Better luck next time!
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #326
country flag ma re

Safely to FQR of Rome - Tevere Remo 25k by beating #1187 Zavagli 6:4, 6:1. Next opponent, 6th seed Pillot, 2 years younger, currently ranked at 488 but was even higher (476) some two months ago. Tereza herself seeded 12th in these qualies. Good luck!
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #327
country flag ma re

One good, one bad and one...relatively good news. Silvia is through to the MD after a w/o by Pillot, there she'll face the top seed Floris (although I don't get it how is she the top seed in the end...), but Floris doesn't seem to be in some great form so there might be a chance for a win.

Ajmo Tereza, bring your best to the court and make an upset!
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:18 AM   #328
country flag networthy

Quote:
One good, one bad and one...relatively good news. Silvia is through to the MD after a w/o by Pillot, there she'll face the top seed Floris
You mean Tereza...

Quote:
but Floris doesn't seem to be in some great form so there might be a chance for a win. Ajmo Tereza, bring your best to the court and make an upset!
She did: Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) defeated Anna FLORIS (ITA) (1) 6-4 6-1

This is an excellent win for Tereza; Anna is ranked 157 and has a CH of 129.

Unfortunately Tereza has another very tough match in R2: Mladenovic. Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM   #329
country flag ma re

Excellent news from TEREZA (...brain freeze), I really didn't expect such a result. Mladenovic is on the rise and will be tought to beat, cause she just won a 25k last week in both, singles and doubles, and lost just one singles match in her last eight (that one loss came against Barthel), as well as just one out of eight in doubles. Well, at least we can hope she'll be tired

Good luck Tereza
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #330
country flag networthy

$25,000 Hechingen 2011

R1: Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) defeated Zuzana ZLOCHOVA (SVK) 7-5 6-0
R2: Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) defeated Vanesa FURLANETTO (ARG) 6-2 6-2

In the QF Tereza plays the #7 seed, Castano. Good luck, Tereza!