Jun 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Where's the kaboom!?
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Fill-in-the-Draw| #30| Eastbourne| Final scores are up| Congratulations to Bart!!
Fill-in-the-Draw 2008 |#30| Eastbourne
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames, and please do not use smilies in your posts as there's really no need for it!
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". It would be really helpful if you could give each qualifier a number (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4). This is essential if two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
8)You will not get points if the player has a bye in first round.
9) Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: Tier II quarterfinals
Mauresmo def. Safina
Petrova def. Chakvetadze
Golovin def. Dementieva
Clijsters def. Ivanovic
The actual winners are Mauresmo, Chakvetadze, Golovin and Clijsters.
You will get 125 (points for reaching semifinal) x 3 = 375 points.
10) You may play more than one event a week, but only your best result will be counted.
11) The ranking points will be awarded according to a chart: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326409.
Only the 17 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326408.
The Race to the Championships is available here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326408
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Good luck and have fun!
"I apologise, I don't speak pineapple!"
Last edited by watchdogfish : Jun 21st, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Re: Fill-in-the-Draw| #30| Eastbourne| MD starts Monday| Send in your picks now!
Kuznetsova  def. BYE
Wozniacki def. Qualifier [Q]
Stosur def. O'Brien [WC]
Cornet  def. Mauresmo
Zvonareva  def. BYE
Qualifier [Q] def. Dushevina [WC]
Li def. Dellacqua
Petrova  def. Peer
Vaidisova  def. Govortsova
Garbin def. Dulko
Davenport def. Razzano
Radwanska  def. BYE
Azarenka  def. Rezai
South [WC] def. Qualifier [Q]
Qualifier [Q] def. Bammer
BYE def. Bartoli 
Kuznetsova  def. Wozniacki
Stosur def. Cornet 
Zvonareva  def. Qualifier [Q]
Li def. Petrova 
Vaidisova  def. Garbin
Davenport def. Radwanska 
Azarenka  def. South [WC]
Qualifier [Q] def. Bartoli 
Kuznetsova  def. Stosur
Zvonareva  def. Li
Davenport def. Vaidisova 
Azarenka  def. Qualifier [Q]
Zvonareva  def. Kuznetsova 
Davenport def. Azarenka 
Davenport def. Zvonareva 
I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off