Serena's #1 spot in DANGER! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will end up as the YE #1 of 2014?

Serena will stay #1 177 42.04%
Sharapova 116 27.55%
Halep 91 21.62%
Kvitova 7 1.66%
Li 13 3.09%
Bouchard 4 0.95%
Azarenka 1 0.24%
Radwanska 5 1.19%
Kerber 2 0.48%
Someone else 5 1.19%
Voters: 421. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #1
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Serena's #1 spot in DANGER!

Wimbledon 2014 is done. A crappy year for our beloved GOAT. She will bounce back.. Time to move on!

1. Serena 9510 - currently has a 2550 lead over the #2, but has 6300 points to defend until the end of the season and she only has 280 to gain with a W at Cincy. Looks like an impossible job to stay #1 especially in her current form, but it's HC TIME so who knows..

2. Li 6960 - has to defend 2990 points
3. Halep 6785 - has to defend 2260 points
4. Kvitova 6070 - has to defend 2830 points
5. Radwanska 5330 - has to defend 2505 points
6. Sharapova 4881 - has to defend 1 point LOL
7. Bouchard 4460 - has to defend 937 points
8. Kerber 4365 - has to defend 1997 points
9. Jankovic 3900 - has to defend 2055 points
10. Azarenka 3812 - has to defend 2996 points
11. Ivanovic 3660 - has to defend 1276 points
12. Cibulkova 3636 - has to defend 903 points

Realistically, Maria should become #1 provided she stays injury-free and plays at all the big tourneys. After her I vote Halep, then Bouchard.

Don't see Kvitty or Li staying consistent until the end, plus they got the most to defend together with Vika. Radwanska and Kerber will never be #1.

Vote!

TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #2
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
The perks of vulturing. Serena has flopped 3 times in a row at slams and still with a huge points lead.

Ranking system needs to change.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #3
country flag zigga

zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future zigga has a brilliant future
Re: Serena's #1 spot in DANGER!

On the serious note, yes her #1 ranking is in danger if she doesn't get her game together till the rest of the year. But I can totally see her winning US open and YEC. But that's what I thought about Wimbledon too so who knows. If Serena doesn't do well for the rest of the year I think it will be between Maria and Simona for the #1 ranking.

Commit to Tippin' Easy - Stuttgart
zigga is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #4
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
The perks of vulturing. Serena has flopped 3 times in a row at slams and still with a huge points lead.

Ranking system needs to change.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Thank you for your input. Now shoo!

TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is #1 in the race, and Halep has a lot of points from last summer to now. Those 2 are going to have their chance unless Serena has a good summer/fall
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #6
country flag Perennial Flop

Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute Perennial Flop has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 point to defend.

IVANOVIC ~ KEYS ~ DELLACQUA ~ TOMLJANOVIC ~ GAJDOSOVA ~ GAVRILOVA
Perennial Flop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #7
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Li has really flopped her chances for #1 with these disastrous results. She had great draws at both slams and not taking advantage will cost her dearly.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #8
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

YE #1 has nothing to do with defending points. It'll come down to who wins the US Open. If Serena wins it, she and Sharapova will duke it out to the end. Whereas if Maria wins, it's hard to see anyone but Maria getting it. If a third person wins it, who knows what could happen.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #9
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova or Halep imo. Serena is theoretically possible, but that sounds like a whole lot of points she needs to defend to stay up there.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #10
country flag Froot
🍎🍏🍊🍋🍒🍇

Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares, that's not even her main concern?

Serena's #18 seems to be in danger of never coming

Froot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #11
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

After USO Serena will become Slamless №1. Pretty funny , to be honest.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

34 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #12
country flag razzer

razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice razzer is just really nice

Dinara Safina likes this thread.

Truth Hurts.
razzer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #13
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 point to defend

Maria girl, you better take that chance now

^Dinara
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #14
country flag Froot
🍎🍏🍊🍋🍒🍇

Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute Froot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
After USO Serena will become Slamless №1. Pretty funny , to be honest.
She can't become a slamless number 1 as she has 17 of them already .

Froot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #15
country flag Honitsu
崩れる未来 毀れる未来 不安が広がる

Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute Honitsu has a reputation beyond repute

Halep might be a new slamless #1
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Honitsu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote