Indian Wells QF: (3) Simona Halep vs (12) Carla Suarez Navarro - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Simona in 2 46 58.97%
Simona in 3 22 28.21%
Carla in 2 1 1.28%
Carla in 3 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:28 AM   #1
country flag Power Shot
TF's Ultimate Thread Starter

Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute Power Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Indian Wells QF: (3) Simona Halep vs (12) Carla Suarez Navarro

I would expect something like 6-3 6-4 for Simona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
If Saisai rises to the Top 50, i'll treat SAISAI-GOAT to Saisai's R1 match at the Open this upcoming year. Let's see if she can rise that high
Current rank: 75th.
Power Shot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:40 AM   #2
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells QF: (3) Simona Halep vs (12) Carla Suarez Navarro

The H2H is 4-4 with Simona winning 2 of the last 3 (all in 2013) including the one meeting from that year on hard-court.

I don't think Carla played that well against Watson and, if Simona repeats today performance, I fear for Carla that a demolition is on the cards. I hope not for Carla's sake and that instead we get a match where they both play close to their best. That would be awesome for the beautiful tennis that would result.

Probably Simona in 2 though.

PS Sorry to the 3 people who voted on my thread. I deleted it because I didn't initially see that I had been beaten to it by 3 minutes.
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:41 AM   #3
country flag PlanetVenus

PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute PlanetVenus has a reputation beyond repute

CSN could absolutely frustrate Simona and run away with it.

Simona in 3, but you never know....
Garbine Muguruza 2015 W/L record: 13-5. Title Count: 0
Timea Bacsinszky 2015 W/L record: 21-3. Title Count: 2 (Acapulco/Monterrey double)
Monica Puig 2015 W/L record: 7-9. Title Count: 0
PlanetVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:48 AM   #4
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

2 sets, if Simona will have a bad day at the office than 3. I think Carla stamina will play an important role in this match.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM   #5
country flag quiet_mike

quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetVenus View Post
CSN could absolutely frustrate Simona and run away with it.

Simona in 3, but you never know....
If Simona can stay cool like today it's 2 sets.

Both can retrieve very well, and Simona as the more aggressive of the two can go into BBB mode. She didn't do that against Karo because she knew most of her shots will at least force an error, or an easy to play return. CSN will give back more balls, and not just easy balls. At the same time Simona will not have to run down hard to return strikes, so she will be in better position to play more balls.
quiet_mike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:50 AM   #6
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Simona should win this in straights, Carla can be frustrating though so could be close sets.
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #7
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute phantomplayer89 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this is about an even of a matchup as it gets. 4-4 H2H. But it is dominated by surface. Simo is 3-1 against CSN on HCs, while CSN is 3-0 against her on clay courts. IW is a HC, but it is playing almost as slow as clay. And 6 of their 8 matches have gone to 3 sets.

I think if Simo stays consistent, she should win this. They both play with spin, but Simi is a bit more aggressive and hits through the ball better, and that will probably be the difference. And CSN's had some long matches these last 2 rounds, so it might take affect. And if she is feeling a little fatigue, Simo should outlast her in longer rallies.
phantomplayer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 04:44 AM   #8
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

Halep is playing really, really well. Looking forward to Halep-Serena in semis. That's probably the real final. I think Halep will win the quarterfinal pretty easily. Here's my picks for Wednesday's matches: https://passingshots.sportsblog.com/...ibas_open.html
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 05:09 AM   #9
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

I think Simona will frustate CSN.
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 05:31 AM   #10
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Watson had plenty of chances against Navarro and I expect Halep to win.
Serena-Halep sounds very likely, and the way Serena is playing, that could go either way
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #11
country flag CVB

CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of CVB has much to be proud of
at this matchup.

When Simona last year was asked who is the player she likes the least to play with, she said CSN.
So, it will be very tough.
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 05:33 AM   #12
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

if this goes 3 sets, prepare for a long match both play very counterpuncher-y games, but i feel like simona will be determined for this not to be a push-fest
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 05:55 AM   #13
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Simona in straight sets.

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #14
country flag quiet_mike

quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
if this goes 3 sets, prepare for a long match both play very counterpuncher-y games, but i feel like simona will be determined for this not to be a push-fest
Well then Simona will at least take revenge on Nadal for his AO 4+ hours delay.
quiet_mike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 08:56 AM   #15
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

I change my vote, Carla in 2 easy sets... be surprised if Halep can tough this one out, Carla is a bad matchup for her.