Top 12 Players' points to defend in 2015, split by quarter-season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #1
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Top 12 Players' points to defend in 2015, split by quarter-season

I split the ranking points counted in 2014 into 4 roughly equal time periods - up to & including IW (11 weeks); then up to & including RG (12 weeks); then up to & including Cincy (10 weeks); then up to & including Sofia (11 weeks).

Since most of the tournaments have moved by a week in 2015 it would have been too fiddly to work it out based on 2015 tournament dates, but I hope it still stands as a useful guide to which players could potentially fly up/down the rankings at various points of the 2015 season.

My source was http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html.

The percentages are the percentage of the player's total 2014 points earned in that period. They may not add up to 100 due to rounding up/down.

1st quarter of season up to end of Indian Wells 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 16 Mar):
S Williams 895 (11%)
Sharapova 675 (10%)
Halep 1720 (27%)
Kvitova 505 (8%)
Ivanovic 775 (16%)
A Radwanska 1780 (37%)
Bouchard 960 (20%)
Wozniacki 435 (9%)
Kerber 1140 (33%)
Cibulkova 1896 (62%)
Makarova 585 (20%)
Pennetta 1555 (54%)

2nd quarter of season up to end of Roland Garros 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 8 Jun):
S Williams 2185 (26%)
Sharapova 3965 (56%)
Halep 2055 (33%)
Kvitova 735 (12%)
Ivanovic 1400 (29%)
A Radwanska 1135 (24%)
Bouchard 1325 (28%)
Wozniacki 290 (6%)
Kerber 465 (13%)
Cibulkova 710 (23%)
Makarova 320 (11%)
Pennetta 305 (11%)

3rd quarter of season up to end of Cincy 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 17 Aug):
S Williams 1850 (22%)
Sharapova 695 (10%)
Halep 1280 (20%)
Kvitova 2206 (37%)
Ivanovic 1185 (25%)
A Radwanska 1330 (28%)
Bouchard 1300 (28%)
Wozniacki 1245 (27%)
Kerber 1250 (36%)
Cibulkova 190 (6%)
Makarova 1050 (35%)
Pennetta 230 (8%)

4th quarter of season up to end of Sofia 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 2 Nov):
S Williams 3555 (42%)
Sharapova 1715 (24%)
Halep 1237 (20%)
Kvitova 2520 (42%)
Ivanovic 1460 (30%)
A Radwanska 565 (12%)
Bouchard 1130 (24%)
Wozniacki 2655 (57%)
Kerber 625 (18%)
Cibulkova 256 (8%)
Makarova 1015 (34%)
Pennetta 771 (27%)

As a reminder, here's the YE 2014 rankings:
1. S Williams 8485
2. Sharapova 7050
3. Halep 6292
4. Kvitova 5966
5. Ivanovic 4820
6. A Radwanska 4810
7. Bouchard 4715
8. Wozniacki 4625
9. Kerber 3480
10. Cibulkova 3052
11. Makarova 2970
12. Pennetta 2861
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #2
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top 12 Players' points to defend in 2015, split by quarter-season

Thank you for these stats .

There is a lot to play for at the beginning of the year apparently, many players have a chance at reaching number 1. Maria with a lot to defend during the clay swing yet again.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #3
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making this reference guide. It's nice to see that Serena doesn't have near as many points as some of the other top players ranked around her to defend the first three quarters and hopefully her ranking is secure for a while. It looks like Petra has a little less then her the first 2 quarters but catches back up to Serena in the third quarter. It looks like Halep has the most to defend the first three quarters.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #4
country flag eldanielfire
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute

Thats for presenting those stas, they give you olenty of consider and think bout in each part of the season. I love it!
eldanielfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #5
country flag 1setAll
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future 1setAll has a brilliant future
Very nice thread.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Serena J. Williams
1setAll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #6
country flag Set It Off

Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute

Useful information. Thanks for sharing. Subscribes.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #7
country flag quiet_mike

quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of quiet_mike has much to be proud of

Simona has all year spread pretty even and the rest mostly nothing and pockets of many points in once or twice the whole year. That makes it hard to gauge the place in top 10. Especially the first moths until Madrid most players had only one decent tournament and nothing else.
quiet_mike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #8
country flag eldanielfire
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute eldanielfire has a reputation beyond repute

My take

1st quarter of season up to end of Indian Wells 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 16 Mar):

Not much change at the top though Cibulkova and Pennetta are screwed if they have a bad January. Radwanska needs a good tournament here too. Kvitova needs to start having a godo early season.

2nd quarter of season up to end of Roland Garros 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 8 Jun):

Naturally Sharapova has a lot to defend but she seems so good on clay I'm sure she will keep most of them, especailly as seedinsg should keep her from Williams. Though Halep may well gobble up some of Sharapova's key points here. I can see Wozniacki shooting up some places here and Bouchard slipping back. This may be a good time for outsides to attack the top 10.

3rd quarter of season up to end of Cincy 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 17 Aug):

Sharapova can only gain here, I suspect she will lose points from the clay season and she will make them up here giving her a similar total and position. Bouchard will certainly lose points here and Halep will gain. Kvitova has a LOT to lose here as does Kerber.

4th quarter of season up to end of Sofia 2014 (Corresponding 2015 date - 2 Nov):

Williams status as number 1 will be entirely based on this quarter. I can see Wozniciki having gained a lot of places through the season dropping points here and Kvitova potentially too. This is where Radwanska can gain s well.
eldanielfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #9
country flag NatP
R&N

NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova

Zvonareva Halep Schmiedlova Sharapova Bacsinszky Jankovic Bencic
Tsonga Nishikori Del Potro Nadal Gulbis Cilic Berdych
Hingis Clijsters Dementieva Kournikova Davenport
NatP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #10
country flag george2210

george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold

Simona and Bouchard, the only players that have at least 20% on every quarter.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #11
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute

Nice stats. Thanks.
Kvitova should move up quickly to #2. She's got lots of room.
Unfortunately, she could still produce the same mediocre performance in the first quarter, just like last year.
For Halep, Bouchard and Ivanovic, it's a tough quarter. They could slightly drop in the ranking. But who would step up and push them down? mystery.
Cibulkova is leaving the top-10 for Makarova to enter briefly. But Makarova will be quickly replaced.. by who??? another mystery.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #12
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's status in the Top 5 should be cemented given the monumental gains she can make in the first and third quarters

Domi

Petra and Caroline can really do some damage if they stay consistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by @nathanj594 View Post
My pussy got way too juicy when Pandela Panama got up a double break and then it got slammed shut permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
so when I'm saying that YOU are manipulating others by forcing them to obey YOUR opinion of justice then I'm not wrong am I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Not pressed at all. Just hate Maria and all she stands for.
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #13
country flag coffeessss

coffeessss is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks your info. so detailed

Recommended links:

lapo美容
lapo美容
lapo美容

Last edited by coffeessss : Dec 22nd, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
coffeessss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #14
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki has so little to defend the first half of next year. This AO can move the rankings around a bit
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #15
country flag NatP
R&N

NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute NatP has a reputation beyond repute

With this %, I can totally see a top5 with Serena, Maria, Caro, Petra, Ana at the end of RG and obviously after, Petra and Caro (even Ana) will have a lot of points to defend and I can see Simona top3 again. We'll see.

Interesting stats.

Zvonareva Halep Schmiedlova Sharapova Bacsinszky Jankovic Bencic
Tsonga Nishikori Del Potro Nadal Gulbis Cilic Berdych
Hingis Clijsters Dementieva Kournikova Davenport
NatP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote